Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

now that we have updated MO2. Should I set BSA extraction to true and leave it on for loose files from here on out? I am in a reinstall, at the WICO step

Second that question. I still don't know if SSE still has the limitation of 325 esp+bsa that both Oblivion and classic Skyrim had. I'm conviced that leaving bsa's alone is the way to go except when you need to merge, optimize, remove dummy or in case the referred limit is present, meaning if you approach the 256 esp limit you can only have about 70 bsa's around.

Guys Undeath Classical Lichdom is not required by the CR so you can safely skip over it

I'm not sure I remember correctly, but wasn't it Classical Lichdom that did away with the need to install Race Compatibility? And about Immersive Lichdom itself, is it required by the CR or any of Undeath's patches?

Edited by godescalcus

now that we have updated MO2. Should I set BSA extraction to true and leave it on for loose files from here on out? I am in a reinstall, at the WICO step

I would leave it on, it's gonna prompt you whether or not you really want to extract those bsa's anyway.  You can do what you want there, there are arguments for and against it.  There are some mods however that will not work right if the bsa is extracted and those mods (In the old LE Guide were flagged as leave bsa packed).  I'm not sure how they will perform in SE.  I'm of the mindset that if she doesn't say to unpack them to leave them alone for now.

Second that question. I still don't know if SSE still has the limitation of 325 esp+bsa that both Oblivion and classic Skyrim had. I'm conviced that leaving bsa's alone is the way to go except when you need to merge, optimize, remove dummy or in case the referred limit is present, meaning if you approach the 256 esp limit you can only have about 70 bsa's around.

I'm not sure I remember correctly, but wasn't it Classical Lichdom that did away with the need to install Race Compatibility? And about Immersive Lichdom itself, is it required by the CR or any of Undeath's patches?

Here is what she said a couple of days ago on the matter: 

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Battlestar1965, on 15 Apr 2018 - 2:06 PM, said:snapback.png

Should we let MO2 extract the BSA's or should we rather leave them packed? There have been some discussions about unpacking BSA's in the past. What's the recommendation?

I am going to go more into this tomorrow when I do my update but my recommendation says the same only extract mods that either contain dummy esps or are being merged.

The Guide has been updated Removed some redundant stuff and there is shiny new TEST CR in the dropbox so grab that.

no Immersive Lichdom is not required by the CR either.

I was checking "The Brotherhood of Old"'s compatibility note and wasn't sure whether the "incompatibility with any mods that make major story changes to the Dark Brotherhood after the main Dark Brotherhood questline" applies to the "Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests" mod. Sure it's not a major change, but being quite far in the playthrough, have you guys checked it for possible conflicts?

personally i prefer continue to use the independant bsa extractor tool.

this simply because sometimes you need to extract one BSA from a mod and not the other one.

Example of Bag and Bandolier's mod.

Agreed with you.

It is not like the tool is memory heavy.

Everyone's choice obviously.

- Alkira.

I was checking "The Brotherhood of Old"'s compatibility note and wasn't sure whether the "incompatibility with any mods that make major story changes to the Dark Brotherhood after the main Dark Brotherhood questline" applies to the "Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests" mod. Sure it's not a major change, but being quite far in the playthrough, have you guys checked it for possible conflicts?

Neither the quest nor the story is changed.  All the DB Forever to miscellaneous mod does is move the quest text off the main quest menu and relocates it into the miscellaneous quest sub-menu.  All the author did was change the quest type flag.  There is another mod on the classic Nexus, Stop the DB Forever Quest from ever returning that completely stops the quest from returning, not sure if that would affect it or not.

Edited by Kneph13

Installed this modlist 5-6 weeks ago, and then spent the rest of the time up until now working on my own modlist/guide for Fallout 4 (and what I learned from modguides here has been immensely helpful). I was going to go back and update but I think I rather reinstall everything from scratch :P 

Question: Has anyone tried patching the SSE ba2 files like in Biraitbec´s guide here? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556 

Installed this modlist 5-6 weeks ago, and then spent the rest of the time up until now working on my own modlist/guide for Fallout 4 (and what I learned from modguides here has been immensely helpful). I was going to go back and update but I think I rather reinstall everything from scratch :P 

Question: Has anyone tried patching the SSE ba2 files like in Biraitbec´s guide here? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556 

Your link refers to a page not found error.