Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Larsjex What suggest doing when converting mod is the same as merging mod create a sperate profile and on load the mods required to convert said esp.

Yeah, that's how it worked every time I converted a regular .esp, but after ESMifying it in wrye bash, as the guide suggests, that is the process. A master file cannot be selected as the active file.

no you dont select the Master as the active file you select the esp you want to convert

Larsjex What suggest doing when converting mod is the same as merging mod create a sperate profile and on load the mods required to convert said esp.

no you dont select the Master as the active file you select the esp you want to convert

.....and also do not forget to espify those those two files you esmified after you get finished!

I'm having some trouble with LOOT.

First, background of the problem:

There are several plugins with user metadata that cannot be cleared. Doing it manually or clearing all data at once is the same result. Does anyone here know if there's a way to start 100% clean with loot, with no previous data?

I tried deleting loot and reinstalling it, but somehow the data remains.

I located LOOT's folder in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\LOOT, and deleted everything there, reinstalled the program and LOOT was back to it's basic form.

I then proceeded to follow the "Idiot check makes sure the following custom Loot User Metadata Rules are done:

After setting all of them up, LOOT reports this error, when I try to sort:

Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Better Dynamic Snow.esp" and "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp". Back cycle: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp, Helarchen Creek.esp, Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Any idea what went wrong there?

You cant load Better Dynamic Snow.esp after Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp merge if you have merged the compatibility patch into the merge. I suggest that either Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp be kept separate from the patch merge or don't add the load after rule to Better Dynamic Snow.esp.

Edited by cptmcsplody

Hey Lexy, completely off topic, but do you plan on ever modding SkyrimVR as more mods become compatible?

Nope since I don't own (nor do I ever plan to own) a VR Set. Personally, I see VR as fad same as I see watching movies in 3D are as a fad. I am old enough to remember the Virtual Boy VR didn't work in the 90's why would it work now maybe at 33 I am just old and boring.

Nope since I don't own (nor do I ever plan to own) a VR Set. Personally, I see VR as fad same as I see watching movies in 3D are as a fad. I am old enough to remember the Virtual Boy VR didn't work in the 90's why would it work now maybe at 33 I am just old and boring.

Understood, that kind of what I expected as a response tbh. Its unfortunate though because SkyrimVR really blew me away, its absolutely insane.

Should we let MO2 extract the BSA's or should we rather leave them packed? There have been some discussions about unpacking BSA's in the past. What's the recommendation?

I am going to go more into this tomorrow when I do my update but my recommendation says the same only extract mods that either contain dummy esps or are being merged.

• +1 1

hey, guys, this might be of use to some of you. Someone on Reddit has put together a google doc of all the items in the museum https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/63hz25/mod_legacy_of_the_dragonborn_spreadsheet_xpost/

AHHH THANK YOU

I am going to go more into this tomorrow when I do my update but my recommendation says the same only extract mods that either contain dummy esps or are being merged.

agreed, better to let the feature play out for some time before you decide to scrap the BAE. But I can tell you prefer bsa's over loose huh? In general I mean

So, I finally finished the modding journey, and I'm surprised at how well it runs. I was a bit worried (I usually held back on the 4k stuff in fear of my pc imploding), but everything is so smooth.

I do have a problem, and I'm hoping you can point me to where I did things wrong. Screenshot in the spoiler tag.

SCreenie-27e638b0b711ed4e5.jpg

As you can see, trees in the background are fine, but when they get to the "foreground" the textures are missing. I haven't encountered that problem before, and I don't know if it's a DynDOLOD thing, or a merge problem or something else. Any pointers are well appreciated!

And some questions about mods, I hope that's okay. I know you're putting out an update soon, but I just wanted to ask. :)

Frostfall - I've previously used it together with iNeed, with DracoTorre's fixes (here). Are you waiting for Chesko's official update to it, and do you think it'd be fine installing it with the temporary fix, and then updating for the full fix once he updated his mod(s)? (orwould you suggest using the Creation Club version until he updates, as that can be turned off in-game?)

General equipment additions. Like the Breton Paladin Artifacts, what's your take on things like that? :)

Hunting in Skyrim - Would there be any incompatibilities with this one?

Quick Loot - I like it. Is there problems with it? :P