Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I see some Olrdrim mods with meshes that do not have the "Nif Opt" tag. Is that intentional? I used to simply run ALL non-SSE meshes through NifOptimizer. Is that problem?

And then my CTD issue: For some reason I allways CTD during the fight with the Giant Frostspider in Bleak Falls Burrow. I don't see any pattern like it is tied to a certain animation, a defined progress in time (health lost or something like that) or is it while I am attacking or the spider. I've checked everything I can but to no avail. Anyone having an idea? EDIT: I choose the vanilla start and the spiders in Helgen Keep "basement" worked without flaws.

I passed this fight without issues with an other test character and did not change much in regards of mod installation or load order between this and my current character. I think I upgraded FNIS, so animation was my first guess, but I don't think anything FNIS does affects the spider.

Edited by Shabdez

Hmm, I wonder if it is the WEBS mod

I did a nifscan on it and this comes back for the textures:

NifScan 0.3.2, starting to scan...

Error reading file textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01.dds
Error reading file textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\gradients\gradspiderweb.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebparticles.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs02.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs03.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs04.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs05.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs06.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs07.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs08.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs09.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs10.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs11.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs12.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs13.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01a.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs02.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs05.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs07.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs08.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs09.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs11.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs13.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malebody_1.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malebody_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehands_1.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehands_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehead.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehead_n.dds
[Done] Checked 31 file(s)

I don't use this mod. I did a year or so ago, but I had the impression something was wrong with it. Can't remember exactly, but there were issues.

I'm almost certain it is a mesh or texture error.  but finding it might not be easy.

I started reinstalling everything from scratch and I don't know what hurts me more: going all the way through the installing process or doing the conflict resolution afterwards - AGAIN.

Finally got the time to run around a bit more in-game. Couple relatively minor things I jotted down: 

Some wonky flickering textures on the pillars in front of Frostmere Crypt (only flickers when camera is moving).

Flickering lights while moving through White River Watch right before reaching the wolf cage.

Flickering floor under the chest in Inigo's cell.

Flickering ground at training ground right east of Mistveil Keep at night.

Flickering ground just outside Bee and Barb (at the door facing the market) at night.

I crash in the LOTD safehouse if I use EFF command 'relax' (via dialogue) on Toccata. Command works fine anywhere else.

One bizarre incident where when I walked into Riften for the first time, Flamia Curion from Ravensgate went aggro out of nowhere and killed me. Took a couple reloads and a fast travel away and back before I could enter the city without triggering her. Now she seems to be behaving normally. Google didn't bring up many reports of this happening that I could find, so I'm going to assume it was just Skyrim being Skyrim and hope it doesn't happen again. 

pretty sure the flickering on Frostmere Crypt is cos of NSUTR - Vigilant fix try reinstalling with out the 3. NSUTR_Transprency_meshes_fix v1.0.

Flickering Light are due to too many light sources Or something like that.

didn't spot any issue in Inigo cell or the bee and barb (but then again i wasn't looking i will double check).

Again haven't been into the LOTD Safehouse so had not a chance to test that but I will.

I see some Olrdrim mods with meshes that do not have the "Nif Opt" tag. Is that intentional? I used to simply run ALL non-SSE meshes through NifOptimizer. Is that problem?

Well when I ran some classic mods thorough Nif Opt the Log said it didn't do anything to the meshes so i guess they didn't need changing.

Just wanted to drop by and compliment the good work with the guide Darkladylexy :clap:

Also I wanted to ask if you have looked at alternative meshes for immersive armors, like UNP Blessed Body Fit Armors and Clothing or Immersive Armors CBBE and UUNP Refit ?

no i haven't won't we been needing UUNP and Bodslide? My experience with bodyslide is quite limited so i would need an crash course in that.

I think the UNP Blessed Body Fit Armors and Clothing ones are ready to use as is and the author of Immersive Armors CBBE and UUNP Refit writes this on the bottom of the mod page:

Note that the prepacked default meshes are fitted to the either the CBBE Curvy body shape or the standard UNP bodyshape depending on your choice of CBBE or UUNP, with no HDT physics. If you want a different body shape or HDT support, you'll need to run the armors through Bodyslide.

I think the UNP Blessed Body Fit Armors and Clothing ones are ready to use as is and the author of Immersive Armors CBBE and UUNP Refit writes this on the bottom of the mod page:

Note that the prepacked default meshes are fitted to the either the CBBE Curvy body shape or the standard UNP bodyshape depending on your choice of CBBE or UUNP, with no HDT physics. If you want a different body shape or HDT support, you'll need to run the armors through Bodyslide.

ok I'll take a look i guess since Immersive Armours CBBE and UUNP Refit is a classic mod we'll have to convert the meshes?

Error reading file textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01.dds
Error reading file textures\clutter\ruins\ruinsspidersac01_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\gradients\gradspiderweb.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebparticles.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs02.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs03.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs04.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs05.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs06.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs07.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs08.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs09.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs10.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs11.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs12.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxcobwebs13.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01a.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs01_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs02.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs05.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs07.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs08.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs09.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs11.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\fxspiderwebs13.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malebody_1.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malebody_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehands_1.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehands_n.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehead.dds
Error reading file textures\effects\webs\malehead_n.dds
[Done] Checked 31 file(s)

If those dds are in BC7 format you will get that error in nifscan.

And then my CTD issue: For some reason I allways CTD during the fight with the Giant Frostspider in Bleak Falls Burrow. I don't see any pattern like it is tied to a certain animation, a defined progress in time (health lost or something like that) or is it while I am attacking or the spider. I've checked everything I can but to no avail. Anyone having an idea? EDIT: I choose the vanilla start and the spiders in Helgen Keep "basement" worked without flaws.

I passed this fight without issues with an other test character and did not change much in regards of mod installation or load order between this and my current character. I think I upgraded FNIS, so animation was my first guess, but I don't think anything FNIS does affects the spider.

Do you have animated clutter?

Edited by cptmcsplody

I have a question regarding the second step of the special installation of nvidia profile inspector. I am told to download a pre-made profile archive. This is a NIP file and my computer cannot open it. Can anyone tell how I should go about unpacking this file?

I have a question regarding the second step of the special installation of nvidia profile inspector. I am told to download a pre-made profile archive. This is a NIP file and my computer cannot open it. Can anyone tell how I should go about unpacking this file?

It's a profile file for nvidia profile inspector. When you start nvidia profile inspector there's somewhere in the top row a button for importing profile files ("Import user defined profiles"). Hit that button, navigate to your NIP file, import it and hit the "Apply Changes" button.