Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

"yes i know i can use the conversion steps but that also goes along the line of bad SSE ports. Well yes I know Frostfall was ported before SKSE64 was out blah blah blah but it the same"

Why is it 'bad' port? To me it's cleaner port than what we're already doing for bunch of mods in a guide (i.e. saving in CK, NIF optimize, etc). Especially given that mod author ported it himself, and all that's left to do is to re-enable skse stuff, which should be harmless as skse kept API compatible with 32 bit version

Can you clarify what's your concern?

and all that's left to do is to re-enable skse stuff, which should be harmless as skse kept API compatible with 32 bit version

It sounds pretty simple, but in this case it isn't as easy as flicking a switch.

You need to be sure you have papyrus utilities mod installed.

You need to extract and copy over the interface files from the oldrim Frostfall.bsa

You need to create a dummy plugin for the old skyUI.esp.

I have Campfire and Frostfall working flawlessly on SE, but not everyone is comfortable with the farting around to get mods properly ported.

Edited by sirjesto
  • +1 1

OK guys the Main CR needs a Delev, Invent tag added to it otherwise the fix for Rikke's Helmet will be overwritten. I will add these to the file header in the next CR update that way it will be automatically done but for now add those tag and at least there it will be good.

there is likely too be other manual tags we should add but we need to work them so go forth test and let me know which ones we think deserves or needs a sexy bash tag added.

I ran all the esps one by one through SSEDIT's bash tags script and these are what it came up with for tags. No idea if that's helpful to you as a jumping off point, but there it is in case it helps. 

Edited by Tzefira

"You need to be sure you have papyrus utilities mod installed." - already a part of guide

"You need to extract and copy over the interface files from the oldrim Frostfall.bsa" - extracting bsa for pretty much half the mods in a guide. Copying, well, not sure if someone who's not comfortable copying files should even start tackling this guide ;)

"You need to create a dummy plugin for the old skyUI.esp." - available on Nexus to download

"You need to be sure you have papyrus utilities mod installed." - already a part of guide

"You need to extract and copy over the interface files from the oldrim Frostfall.bsa" - extracting bsa for pretty much half the mods in a guide. Copying, well, not sure if someone who's not comfortable copying files should even start tackling this guide ;)

"You need to create a dummy plugin for the old skyUI.esp." - available on Nexus to download

All I'm saying is that where most mods SKSE functions work out of the box without issue, these ones requires more steps for Lexy to doccument.

It might not matter to you, but it might to her.

"yes i know i can use the conversion steps but that also goes along the line of bad SSE ports. Well yes I know Frostfall was ported before SKSE64 was out blah blah blah but it the same"

Why is it 'bad' port? To me it's cleaner port than what we're already doing for bunch of mods in a guide (i.e. saving in CK, NIF optimize, etc). Especially given that mod author ported it himself, and all that's left to do is to re-enable skse stuff, which should be harmless as skse kept API compatible with 32 bit version

Can you clarify what's your concern?

Mini Rant Warning: It mostly because of my well known hatred of fixing having to fix a mod already built on SSE to work on SSE. If a mod is built for SSE it should work on SSE out of the box with no need to faff about with it, do any hackery or opening the bloody esps in CK or running SSE Nif optimizer on it. If a mod was built properly on SSE it should work on SSE out the box. End of Rant.

I ran all the esps one by one through SSEDIT's bash tags script and these are what it came up with for tags. No idea if that's helpful to you as a jumping off point, but there it is in case it helps. 

Thanks this will be useful. We wont need apply Bash Tag to LOTD cos there already in the file header. Other I need to examine more in-depth and what the resulting Bash patch does.

Mini Rant Warning: It mostly because of my well known hatred of fixing having to fix a mod already built on SSE to work on SSE. If a mod is built for SSE it should work on SSE out of the box with no need to faff about with it, do any hackery or opening the bloody esps in CK or running SSE Nif optimizer on it. If a mod was built properly on SSE it should work on SSE out the box. End of Rant.

Thanks this will be useful. We wont need apply Bash Tag to LOTD cos there already in the file header. Other I need to examine more in-depth and what the resulting Bash patch does.

Cool, yeah that was just a quick and dirty. I'm checking against Wrye Bash now and seeing which ones WB already has for each.

Edited by Tzefira

So what you guys think of bash tag suggestion script? I've never used it yet. Is it trust worthy?

I hadn't used it before now, so I'm just taking a look myself and seeing what it spits out. There is a newer xEdit script  (I believe Mator wrote this one?) out there that I just saw, have not tried that one either.

Edit: Playing with new script now, here's an example of readout for BGCollectables.esp:

Tag Generator v1.6.1.2 by fireundubh <fireundubh@gmail.com>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using record structure for TES V: Skyrim Special Edition

BGCOLLECTABLES.ESP

No existing tags found.

No bad tags found.

7 suggested tags to add:
{{BASH:C.Climate,C.Encounter,C.Location,C.Name,C.RecordFlags,C.Water,Invent}}

7 suggested tags overall:

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 245, Elapsed Time: 00:05
Edited by Tzefira

I hadn't used it before now, so I'm just taking a look myself and seeing what it spits out. There is a newer xEdit script  (I believe Mator wrote this one?) out there that I just saw, have not tried that one either.

Edit: Playing with new script now, here's an example of readout for BGCollectables.esp:

Tag Generator v1.6.1.2 by fireundubh <fireundubh@gmail.com>

Using record structure for TES V: Skyrim Special Edition

BGCOLLECTABLES.ESP

No existing tags found.

No bad tags found.

7 suggested tags to add:

7 suggested tags overall:

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 245, Elapsed Time: 00:05

That script is really only useful if you use a smashed patch. Wrye Bash (on SE) doesn't recognize half of those tags.

I used that one on LE, but on SE I find that the Bash Tag Suggestions one is good enough.

Edited by sirjesto

That script is really only useful if you use a smashed patch. Wrye Bash (on SE) doesn't recognize half of those tags.

I used that one on LE, but on SE I find that the Bash Tag Suggestions one is good enough.

Good to know, thanks sirjesto. Do you find the SSEDIT script to be fairly reliable, or does it require a lot of tweaking after? I run on assumption that everything needs some tweaking here and there but some things need more intervention than others.

Edited by Tzefira

Ok, so I've disabled all the mods and I'm able to load interiors fine. I still crash when trying to load an exterior though, with all mods disabled.

Edit: I've validated my game files via steam and I was able to load exteriors. I'm gonna try turning all the mods back on now. 

Edited by Leonidous

Yikes. Glad to hear you got esms restored. Must have been an error introduced by cleaning

Also, i would recommend to test your game after 5-10 mods. It will make it much easier to catch bugs early on as well as to find a culprit. I usually coc riverwood from main menu, go inside the houses, talk to people, use crafting, then run to whiterun, do same tasks there, then run to falkreath via riverwood. If i dont get any issues i move on to the next batch of mods and repeat

Edited by sm0kem