Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Wow, Neovalen, you made my do a lot of work just to keep up with the merging and all. The saving of ESP slots is much appreciated though. Thanks.

Yes.  Given that I'm up to about F9 this is very timely!

But already I am wondering what additional mods can I install...

Edited by statmonster

It's also possible to merge :

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp

And name it CoT-WeatherPatch.esp to keep vividian esps master. 

Need to figure out how I want to handle multi-mod merging since thats three mods in one list.

Edit: Added this merge, luckily all three mods were in the same section so I made it a section merge. I will also likely merge the Vividian esps into their own bunch.

Need to figure out how I want to handle multi-mod merging since thats three mods in one list.

Edit: Added this merge, luckily all three mods were in the same section so I made it a section merge. I will also likely merge the Vividian esps into their own bunch.

Yeah :> 

I didn't see those mods being separated from the begining, since it's basically Climates of Tamriel. 

The merge tool for mods it merges properly also has the handy effect of removing the need for several of the things that used to be included in the guide, I haven't had a working install of SR:LE in a while so idk if that's still true; of course a lot of the problems solved were fixed if you had the right load order so LOOT may very well take care of those by now.

Seem to have successfully merged the CoT plugins and the Vervidan plugins together and called it something like SR Weather Patch. Also ELE plugins seem to merge quite happily if you want to save another 4 plugins.::):

ELE will most likely merge in the guide but the vividian and cot will remain separate for fairly obvious reasons.

Absolutely, Vividian is frequently updated, I tried it mainly because all of those plugins load next to each other so I was curious to see if they would merge well as placement of the new output file would be fairly obvious.

I managed to get SR:LE with a full REGS install down to about 171 plugins active and all working with a quick high speed flight around Skyrim - build is very stable.

::):

Edited by Smile44

Thanks for the great guide, Neovalen.  Not only have you introduced me to many great mods and made my game much, much better but, though your guide you have taught me a ton of things about modding and stabilizing my game.  I really, really do appreciate it.  That being said...

Sorry, but I'm going to try and hijack this forum for a moment.

Does anyone on here use a tes5edit merged patch?  No, not a merged patch but a merged patch (which I'm going to call a comprehensive patch, or comp patch, from now on.  It's insanely confusing that they are given the same names.  Comp patches...join the revolution!)  Anyway, I've never used one before but have seen it referred to enough that I thought I should try it and I'm finding it is great for bringing all of the fractions forward as well as the perks from obis, roe, skyre, etc...  I'm wondering if anyone can tell me things I should beware of when creating it.  I know to delete the leveled lists and let the bashed patch handle those but what about keywords, for instance.  Is there any reason not to allow those to be brought forward?  As near as I can tell these are the main things that are changed in the records and most seem like it is good to be brought forward but, for instance,   "fortify damage resistance" under "magic effect" doesn't have the keyword "magicencfortifysmithing" under skyremain.esp, it does have it under enchanting awakened.esp, but is gone again in the enchanting awakened skyre patch.  Ultimately the comp patch brings it forward, along with the other keyword "xxxenchdamageresist" but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  In fact, I really have no idea what, exactly, the keywords do and how badly they are needed.

Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance on the comp patch in general would be great.  Thanks.

Is there a changelog that gets posted somewhere for Skyrim Revisted? I check back fairly regularly and often note that the page has been edited (today, for instance!), but I can't always figure out what's different. I searched around for an answer and came up empty.

I know I can't be the only person to have asked about this, so I'm reasonably sure there's a big, green button with "Changelog" in flashing neon letters right in front of me. Somewhere.

Thanks for the great guide, Neovalen.  Not only have you introduced me to many great mods and made my game much, much better but, though your guide you have taught me a ton of things about modding and stabilizing my game.  I really, really do appreciate it.  That being said...

Sorry, but I'm going to try and hijack this forum for a moment.

Does anyone on here use a tes5edit merged patch?  No, not a merged patch but a merged patch (which I'm going to call a comprehensive patch, or comp patch, from now on.  It's insanely confusing that they are given the same names.  Comp patches...join the revolution!)  Anyway, I've never used one before but have seen it referred to enough that I thought I should try it and I'm finding it is great for bringing all of the fractions forward as well as the perks from obis, roe, skyre, etc...  I'm wondering if anyone can tell me things I should beware of when creating it.  I know to delete the leveled lists and let the bashed patch handle those but what about keywords, for instance.  Is there any reason not to allow those to be brought forward?  As near as I can tell these are the main things that are changed in the records and most seem like it is good to be brought forward but, for instance,   "fortify damage resistance" under "magic effect" doesn't have the keyword "magicencfortifysmithing" under skyremain.esp, it does have it under enchanting awakened.esp, but is gone again in the enchanting awakened skyre patch.  Ultimately the comp patch brings it forward, along with the other keyword "xxxenchdamageresist" but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  In fact, I really have no idea what, exactly, the keywords do and how badly they are needed.

Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance on the comp patch in general would be great.  Thanks.

I believe what you are referring to is a compatibility patch. There is no simple guide for it though the following will help you:

1) Do the SRLE conflict resolution part yourself (instead of downloading the premade patch). It's a great learning experience. In fact the premade patch has only been made available recently, prior to that everyone had to make his own.

2) Check Chapter 4 of the FNVEdit Training Manual. It also applies to TES5Edit.

3) There's a thread on thsi forum about which records do not need patching in TES5Edit but I can't find it at the moment.

Is there a changelog that gets posted somewhere for Skyrim Revisted? I check back fairly regularly and often note that the page has been edited (today, for instance!), but I can't always figure out what's different. I searched around for an answer and came up empty.

I know I can't be the only person to have asked about this, so I'm reasonably sure there's a big, green button with "Changelog" in flashing neon letters right in front of me. Somewhere.

Top-right corner of your browser window > page tools > history. You might have to make a wiki account for that, not sure.