ENB Files only causing game to CTD

Gameraustin5790

Question

After over 2 days of researching and working on it myself, I have been able to find why my game refuses to have the ENB Series files work. I am not experienced in ENB as my old model (just built this computer a week ago) had no problems installing ENB Series with the Memory CTD patch. This computer, however, hates everything to do with it. 

So far, I have only been able to start a New game, which works fine. Once I reach entering Helgen Hold, my game CTD. It also CTD if I try to ~coc riverwood for testing. I have taken my mod list to basically nothing, just TES5Edit cleaned .esm and the unofficial patches, my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini are available in the link below. 

So far I have tried:

-Downloading Directx9 like 5 times, including the 2010 one

-Installing the C++ packages

-Reinstalling game

-Removing all mods but ENB files

-Tested both Wrapper and Injector, Wrapper is whta I said above, Injector crashes on start up

-Following GamerPoet's ENB installation exactly, Slothabilitiy's guide exactly, and following exactly what the STEP wiki says. 

-Lowered limit to 4064 for Windows 10 cap

-Added/modified every INI option that was presented in my research, including bFloat to 1, iMax and iMulti to 0.

My final attempt was following the STEP guide all the way through until I finished the Unofficial Patches, but same results. 

I am hoping I am just missing some program that Windows 10 needs for ENB that I have yet to find I need, but I am beginning to believe ENBoost might just not work on my system with no idea why not.

I am using Mod Organizer.

PC Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kzT8yf

Mod list: https://modwat.ch/u/Stamaskas

Any help is appreciated, it is possible I missed a simple troubleshooting step somehow, but not likely. Thanks for your time.

14 answers to this question

If you're just trying to use ENBoost, you need to change your Globals in your INI to this:

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

If you're wanting to run a preset, you need to have the Preset files present in your directly with the Globals set to how you have them now:

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

I do get the notification, and when setting it up to get you the INI, I was able to  get the menu for the first time to show up, but coc riverwood still crashed.

I would like to be able to run an ENB like RealVision, but I mainly want the ENBoost minimum for stability, the preset would just be extra

So your saying, it is not working because I do not have preset, but if I do install preset, it should work. If that is the case, I will test it, However, last time I ran both ENB and the RealVision, I WAS able to coc riverwood but everything was black and played at like 2 FPS. After response, I will test and let you know how it goes.

I also just tested the ENBoost only and worked perfectly. No idea what I did differently before to get the menu to show up when it did not appear before but thank you for telling me about the Global part. I will test ENB since the menu shows now and see if I can get that to work, but glad to know I at least have ENBoost working to make my game more stable.

Well, being I have never installed textures before, I am sure I did a very sloppy job but I got Aeon ENB working, at least I think it is. Thank you for helping me though this, look forward to learning more about installing textures. If you know anywhere I can look to get a better understanding, that would be great. Otherwise, I am going to mark this as solved later. Thank you for your time.

You're welcome. :^_^:

Textures are installed in MO simply being downloading the mod and installing it. Clicking the "Download with Manager" button on Nexus should download the mod to MO and then you can double-click it on your "Downloads" tab to install it. For more information regarding MO, you can view our wiki: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer It has just about anything you need to know about MO within it.