I have finished STEP Extended. How do I properly add new mods?

Sabiancym

So I've finished the extended STEP guide using everything as well as the HQ options and have the game running well at 60 FPS.  My question is, how do I add random mods I may run across in the future?  What are the proper steps to doing this?  Just install, run loot, run the BASHED patch and that's it?  

I apologize if this is too vague. I searched the forums and couldn't find an exact answer and I have no real idea what mods I'm interested in yet.  

Thanks for the help.

To distil it down to the basics, yes.

But try to move any added mods in the left pane to the same sort of groupings as they have in STEP Extended. Ie if you add a new armor, put it with all the other new armors, etc. Add a new texture mod, put it with all the others, etc.

Then Loot it, Bash patch and that's essentially it. 

There's more advanced stuff you MIGHT need to do with patches and so on for other mod compatiilities, etc. So you may need to look at that. This is more the case if you add a big overhaul type mod like say PERMA, or a big gameplay/quest adding Mod like say Legacy of the Dragonborn etc.