wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

DO NOT UPDATE FUNCTIONAL DISPLAYS!!!!

I'm making a new patch with Wasteland Imports - Goodies from all across the Wasteland...

This will include patch merging.

Please wait for it. I will not make temporary patches.

You will have to install the old version of Functional displays to get The MODWiki patches working again.

Sweet Gernash, I'm okay with a Loot Overhaul as many will be and many won't be. I just like to grind my stuff up and make it feel as real as possible like scavenge what i can in whatever is left in a 200+ year old wasteland, As for Settlement Resources i suppose it can affect that making it time consuming on what you need hmm but there has been mods like Expanded Resource Shipments Personally i don't build till mid game or least explored a lot and make it feel as if my character has accepted this new world that he/she has awoken into etc.

I know i can be weird. :D

I actually like to play like this too lol. I prefer more of a roleplay style as well. However if the weapons I find are too powerful, I put em up on display till I wanna take em out and play for a bit. I also dont build till quite some time after I start

I firmly believe that a mod guide should include patches where there are conflicts, however some overwrites are personal preferences so when and if it is not a cause for ctd or very bad glitches, a small basic guide on how to resolve and the outcomes of each choice could be pointed out

with that being said, it should not be up to the author to resolve every single conflict as most often they are cause by straying from your exact install loadout. Some people get greedy and add in extra ****, not knowing what it conflicts with. I love the fact that you are customizing your patches based on two overarching preferences, boom boom or realism...

holy **** I just saw your update log from yesterday..So, I have your guide installed to the T up till before that update, including salveage beacons and new interiors enhanced. So with all of that new stuff you added on the 20th, can I just go into MO2 and install them all or do I have to redownload a new modwiki core patch?

i dont even have light em up yet.....okay where do I start lol

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/Cleaning_And_Repair

This is a GUIDE for finding and repairing issues in a mod I've used OCDecorator as an example.

Is this "Too Much"?

Is the "Mod Guide" supposed to patch issues or just point em out?

Thaughts....?

I like this, clear instructions easy to follow. Cleaning up mods that have potential issues seems to me the right thing to add to the guide. Would be better of course if it were fixed by the mod author (unless it is due to our mix of mod that causes the issues, but then that would go into a patch specific for the guide I guess). So, add the cleaning instructions where appropriate, contact mod author to see if an update can be made (I for sure, if I were a mod author would love to get quality feedback that helps to improve my mod) and when/if an update is available switch to it at that time. Stability and prevention of random CTD's are of up most importance regarding a guide like this in my opinion. The more solid base, the better experience on the long run. 

Two other important things, IMHO, that I'd like you to address perhaps would be the installation order and load order. Currently it is a bit of a guess work when going through the guide (for me at least). I'd prefer if things were set in stone, so to speak. Maybe (just a suggestion mind you) for each mod, have a section where it would be stated where in the load order the *.esp's etc should be placed, for instance list 2-3 plugins prior to the installed ones by the mod and 2-3 that comes straight after? Then you could keep the plugin list up to date while you are installing instead of going through a list, when all is installed, which is a potential place for making a booboo. Just spit balling :)

That one patch you made, with the modern weapon weights, I didn't get it to work. Decided to continue with the original values for now.

[spoiler=crash log][10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Papyrus log opened (PC-64)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function ClearFromOldLocations in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ObjectReference. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetTemplate in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function HasHeadPartOverlays in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetHeadParts in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetOutfit in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetTemplate in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function HasHeadPartOverlays in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetHeadParts in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetOutfit in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetWornItem in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Actor. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetWornItemMods in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Actor. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetWornItem in the empty state on type Actor does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetType in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetExtraParts in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function HasExtraPart in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function IsExtraPart in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetValidRaces in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function SetValidRaces in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Maximum stack depth: 100

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] This is a script log only and does not contain information on any other part of the game, including crashes.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:54PM] Cannot open store for class "ToasterRoFSwitch", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:54PM] Cannot open store for class "ToasterPlaceThings", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:55PM] Cannot open store for class "ConvertWorkshopItemOnStore", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:55PM] Cannot open store for class "CROSS_weaponfireeffect", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:17:04PM] Cannot open store for class "DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:17:04PM] error: Unable to bind script DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript to (06051235) because their base types do not match

I like this, clear instructions easy to follow. Cleaning up mods that have potential issues seems to me the right thing to add to the guide. Would be better of course if it were fixed by the mod author (unless it is due to our mix of mod that causes the issues, but then that would go into a patch specific for the guide I guess). So, add the cleaning instructions where appropriate, contact mod author to see if an update can be made (I for sure, if I were a mod author would love to get quality feedback that helps to improve my mod) and when/if an update is available switch to it at that time. Stability and prevention of random CTD's are of up most importance regarding a guide like this in my opinion. The more solid base, the better experience on the long run. 

Two other important things, IMHO, that I'd like you to address perhaps would be the installation order and load order. Currently it is a bit of a guess work when going through the guide (for me at least). I'd prefer if things were set in stone, so to speak. Maybe (just a suggestion mind you) for each mod, have a section where it would be stated where in the load order the *.esp's etc should be placed, for instance list 2-3 plugins prior to the installed ones by the mod and 2-3 that comes straight after? Then you could keep the plugin list up to date while you are installing instead of going through a list, when all is installed, which is a potential place for making a booboo. Just spit balling :)

That one patch you made, with the modern weapon weights, I didn't get it to work. Decided to continue with the original values for now.

[spoiler=crash log][10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Papyrus log opened (PC-64)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function ClearFromOldLocations in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ObjectReference. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetTemplate in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function HasHeadPartOverlays in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetHeadParts in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetOutfit in empty state could find no matching function on linked type ActorBase. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetTemplate in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function HasHeadPartOverlays in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetHeadParts in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetOutfit in the empty state on type ActorBase does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetWornItem in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Actor. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetWornItemMods in empty state could find no matching function on linked type Actor. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Function GetWornItem in the empty state on type Actor does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetType in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetExtraParts in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function HasExtraPart in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function IsExtraPart in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function GetValidRaces in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] error: Native function SetValidRaces in empty state could find no matching function on linked type HeadPart. Function will not be bound.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] Maximum stack depth: 100

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:37PM] This is a script log only and does not contain information on any other part of the game, including crashes.

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:54PM] Cannot open store for class "ToasterRoFSwitch", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:54PM] Cannot open store for class "ToasterPlaceThings", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:55PM] Cannot open store for class "ConvertWorkshopItemOnStore", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:16:55PM] Cannot open store for class "CROSS_weaponfireeffect", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:17:04PM] Cannot open store for class "DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript", missing file?

[10/21/2016 - 11:17:04PM] error: Unable to bind script DLC04:DLC04OperatorsRifleAnimationScript to (06051235) because their base types do not match

It's because LOOT isn't ready yet for FO4 bro, normally loot rules handle the sorting of loadouts, but the development on that one is slow

My load order is all screwed at the moment because of functional displays. Also I'm trying to work out a method of merging some of the files that don't conflict with anything.

The MODwiki Patches take care of almost every Overwrite issue. So mods can be in almost any order.

Just follow the rule of thumb at the bottom of the guide and run fo4edit to see if there are any ordering issues with patches.

When I Bring out the next patch I'll update all the load orders.

sorry to hear about the modern weapon weights, It will be more formal in the next patch.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11094-wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2/page-51?do=findComment&comment=184101

is the last time I posted my load order It is the page I update when my personal order changes

No worries about the weapon weights, just wanted you to know and probably I made a mistake somewhere when installing it.

Right, tried that cleaning guide of OCDecorator.esp. All good, i.e instructions were clear and I managed to clean it up nicely. But, I think there is an issue with saving to overwrite...after I exited FO4Edit, all looked good, I instantly cloased MO2 which crashed. After restarting, overwrite folder was empty....going to try it again now. Anyhow, I remember reading somewhere about these kind of issues with overwrite folder...any solutions regarding this known or just a question about luck?

Hate to double post, sorry. Was confused there for a while. Overwrite directory in MO2 didn't show any files for me. So I went and reinstalled OCDecorate mod and tried to do a new clean up. To my bafflement of epic proportions, the bloody esp was already clean. So, troubleshooting this confusion, I finally noticed that if you checked the over write folder in windows explorer, there was that cleaned esp, over writing my installation. And, still, in MO2, clicking that cursive overwrite down the list place, showed nothing. Anyhow, just manually moved the darn esp from the overwrite folder to the installed mod folder, so that should be sorted :)

mmm if the file goes into the overwrite folder but doesent show up in the overwrite at the bottom ov the list then something is odd/wrong with the file path..

The MKLink should resolve the issue,maybe The file paths in MO2 have been changed?

%BASE_DIR%/overwrite

Edited by Gernash

Hey Gernash I have a suggestion if you want to make this a more well-rounded guide.Not that it isn't already, but a suggestion regardless. Provide a performance tweaks section for those with potatoes or high end potatoes. whether it be tweaks from the nvidia control panel, geforce experience, enb tweaks or ini tweaks. Give a good section on how to reduce VRAM useage and possible stuttering/ctd for overtaxing

I'd like to Polish up the guide but an update comes through that alters the override patches then i play with the patches then I spot a nifty mod and I play with that then I do some updates to the page then I look into script to make my life easier then, then, then

Unfortunately the guide is so young that it's barley had time to settle into it's bones. (this is all new to me and I'm unsure what I can and can't do. Some of the "cool" things I'm thinking of, is currently waiting on reply's from mod authors for permissions)

enb tweaks - The prettier it is the slower you go, if People insist on installing insane ENB's there is not much I can do.

for a sub$500 graphic card

Basic enb 5-10fps

mid enb 10-25fps

Photo shoot enb 20-40fps

reduce VRAM useage

Buy photoshop elements or Photoshop install INtel DDS tool, Re-compress every texture in the game to DX11 standard then put it in a BA2 archive.

nvidia control pane

FO4+nvidia = will sit in a room together but not look or talk to each other.... I've put an Nvidia section in the guide.

stuttering/ctd

The guide is running on my GTX580 (960 speed) at 35-40fps with shadowboost

IF your CTDing in Sanctuary then have you been scrapping cells? I've noticed some spawning issues and have included patches in the next update but not anything CTD worthy

Have you gone through the ENB config video and set your memory? Try lowering it more.

no no scrapping yet, it was random but I have been playing for 6 hours in a row now with no ctd's or stuttering...although concord was ******* hilarious..I turned up wotc to max just to see whta would happen....dude.....you could hear the  mininukes and children of atom and deathclaws all the wauy from sanctuary..I walked over there and peeked over the hill behnid the red rocket, saw a deathclaw racing towards me, turned around and got blown sky high by a suicide mutant.....looked like concord was on fire lol..that mod is ridiculous

I am still unsure whether or not I should install spring cleaning or scrap everything...reccomendation? also, for a power armor overhaul, worsins one is enormous

I want to scrap all the ******** lying around settlements but am wary of installing one of those mods

I have been  using Scrap Everything and cleaned up Sanctuary pretty good. While I do get CTD's now and then I don't think it is because of the scraping...

Played pretty much whole Saturday and had maybe 4-5 CTD's. I tend to save frequently now :) Would be nice though to be able to pinpoint what is causing the crashes, but as they are totally random I don't have a clue. The log file probably helps but I lack the know-how to parse through that...

Who the heck is Samson? (don't have such a user name nor directory)

[10/23/2016 - 01:11:23AM] error: Unable to call GetOwningQuest - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[ (00098103)].Scene.GetOwningQuest() - "" Line ?
[DNMasterQuest (000AEC4F)].RadioFailsafeScript.StartAllScenes() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\RadioFailsafeScript.psc" Line 16
[DNMasterQuest (000AEC4F)].RadioFailsafeScript.OnTimer() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\RadioFailsafeScript.psc" Line 29

This kind of stuff seems to often be in the log as well

[10/23/2016 - 01:17:13AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "ActiveGroup"
stack:
    [ (BB0174AF)].CSE_SPatrol_Spawnpoint.OnCellAttach() - "D:\SteamSSD\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\CSE_SPatrol_Spawnpoint.psc" Line 34
[10/23/2016 - 01:17:14AM] error: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [None].ObjectReference.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (000A0E1A)].TrapThistleScript.OnCellDetach() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\TrapThistleScript.psc" Line 30
[10/23/2016 - 01:17:14AM] error: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [ (0009FE63)].TrapThistleScript.OnCellDetach() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\TrapThistleScript.psc" Line 30
stack:
    [ (000A0E1C)].TrapThistleScript.OnCellDetach() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\TrapThistleScript.psc" Line 30
stack:
    [ (0009FE64)].TrapThistleScript.OnCellDetach() - "C:\Users\Samson\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\TrapThistleScript.psc" Line 30
[10/23/2016 - 01:17:55AM] OnTimer()
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000856)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000858)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000859)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (0000085A)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000857)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000872)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000871)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000873)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000874)>] akReference None
[10/23/2016 - 01:18:40AM] OnItemEquipped() akBaseObject = [Potion < (00000875)>] akReference None