wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Updated Categories.dat for October looks like the nexus added 3 new categories breaking the numbering....

Thanks LordKee for picking up on that I so enjoyed doing that!!!!!! It made my face numb.

Edited by Gernash

First random ctd...I guess there are no logs etc one could use to troubleshoot? I was just walking back towards Sanctuary from Albernathy Farm (needed some tatoes :) )

Simply Modular Housing aint' simple btw. Did 4 game days straight building...love it :) My first base building is going to be amazing. Haven't ventured far yet as well, been bulding...looking good so far (if my CTD was just a fluke)

Edit: oh, and some items from the Beantown interiors that are collectables are not marked as such (goes to loot) so one could by mistake break up items that might be fun to collect. (found a nuka cola machine model and a nuka cola lamp that I'll save for decoration). No icon either in the inventory. No idea if it is easy to get a list of those items and patch things up.

Edited by LordKee

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/MODWiki%20-%20Worldspace%20-%20Patch.7z

Added Beantown interiors collectables and weapons with links to functional display mounting......

And they are featured items now...

Are the GNOMES Quest items or collectables?

they have a (DRGN) prefix I'll add them through the interface rather than modify them via edits as there seems to be direct references to the name.

oops missed 8 objects re uploaded

Edited by Gernash

Ahh good forums are working again!  I went through and did a reinstall yesterday (mostly just checked the mods I already had were in right place and up to date and reinstalled anything with a FOMOD just incase choices had changed).  I noticed a few missing fomods but I'm guessing they have been reported elsewhere as theres a few long lists back there.

Couple of major things I noticed before I can start playtesting:

I went with the realism pack by the way.

1 - Weapons of fate is listed twice int he realism pack. Which is the proper placement? 2nd or at the end of weapons or does it not matter? 

2 - There is no FOMOD for Arbitration.  You say choose what you want but if you've balanced weapons with the other mods etc we need to know so we are all using the same settings/modules so that we all get similar results to feed back to you on.

3 - after installing the MODwiki patches the worldspace patch is looking for weaponsmith extended 2.esp to be a master even though this isn't installed as part of the realism pack.

I see more updates/mods have gone on overnight so I'll work my way through them while you reply on the above.

One more thing - I can see Crossbows was removed because it's bundled in the weaponsmith extended mod but this isn't being used ont he realisim version.  Can it be added? To me it always felt like a good survival mode weapons. Especially if there is a way to craft your own boltS? (not played it yet)

Edited by rhodsey

hey the forum is back, been playing for a few hours and nothing bad to report. Oh and Gernash, I narrowed it down to Functional Displays, and then narrowed it down to one esp by moving to optional in left pane one by one. it is the esp functional displays-collectibles.esp..I moved it to optional and then boom, everything works like a charm. I dont know what that's all about but whatever. had to resort to the old tried and true from skyrim modding where to you isolate the troublesome mod, then isolate esp. The only thing I have installed that is not part of your guide is s cbbe skin mesh and fusion city. 

That worldspace patch up there you posted in dropbox, do I replace the one I already have with it in MO?

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

haahah refresh page 10 messages popped up

hey the forum is back, been playing for a few hours and nothing bad to report. Oh and Gernash, I narrowed it down to Functional Displays, and then narrowed it down to one esp by moving to optional in left pane one by one. it is the esp functional displays-collectibles.esp..I moved it to optional and then boom, everything works like a charm. I dont know what that's all about but whatever. had to resort to the old tried and true from skyrim modding where to you isolate the troublesome mod, then isolate esp. The only thing I have installed that is not part of your guide is s cbbe skin mesh and fusion city. 

That worldspace patch up there you posted in dropbox, do I replace the one I already have with it in MO?

I think you may need to download manually the file may be corrupt, How big is it?

22k for me

Yes the File is just a direct replacement.

Yeah forums were messed up since yesterday for me.  It also didn't record a load of your edits in the history.  They all appeared this morning and showed AFTER I'd done guide but most of them I'd already done.  Lots of fun was had but I'm pretty much up to date now just waiting for confirmation on the issues I listed earlier then I can finally start playing.

Ahh good forums are working again!  I went through and did a reinstall yesterday (mostly just checked the mods I already had were in right place and up to date and reinstalled anything with a FOMOD just incase choices had changed).  I noticed a few missing fomods but I'm guessing they have been reported elsewhere as theres a few long lists back there.

Couple of major things I noticed before I can start playtesting:

I went with the realism pack by the way.

1 - Weapons of fate is listed twice int he realism pack. Which is the proper placement? 2nd or at the end of weapons or does it not matter? 

2 - There is no FOMOD for Arbitration.  You say choose what you want but if you've balanced weapons with the other mods etc we need to know so we are all using the same settings/modules so that we all get similar results to feed back to you on.

3 - after installing the MODwiki patches the worldspace patch is looking for weaponsmith extended 2.esp to be a master even though this isn't installed as part of the realism pack.

I see more updates/mods have gone on overnight so I'll work my way through them while you reply on the above.

One more thing - I can see Crossbows was removed because it's bundled in the weaponsmith extended mod but this isn't being used ont he realisim version.  Can it be added? To me it always felt like a good survival mode weapons. Especially if there is a way to craft your own boltS? (not played it yet)

1. WOF Dosent matter it is patched in with Modwiki weapon patch

2. Weapon ballance is vanilla in realism (I'll do the fomod in a sec)

3. Are you using any wordspaces or no world space?

Adding crossbow: Yes 

Pipe gun overhaul will be used as well it will be in the next update.

Edited by Gernash

1. WOF Dosent matter it is patched in with Modwiki weapon patch

2. Weapon ballance is vanilla in realism (I'll do the fomod in a sec)

3. Are you using any wordspaces or no world space?

Adding crossbow: Yes 

Pipe gun overhaul will be used as well it will be in the next update.

Yup using all the worldspace mods apart from war in the commonwealth

Edit: the patch fomod correctly identified that by the way so good job.  Just seems to have either installed the wrong patch or the patch had weaponsmith as a master still.

Edited by rhodsey