wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

This is fascinating.

So I'm using Custom Combat Armor (wondering if I need it really). How would that fit into this guide/patch? I wouldn't need Concealed Armor or craftable armor sizes

In Leveled Items, you remove the LegR, LegL from the armor. Is there a reason for this?

(Please let me know if I'm being a pest.)

Edited by rayhne

Custom Combat Armor is a set of "Paints" for Armor like PA overhauls Warsons, ZF4 etc. 

It supports Craft-able Armor Size But will need Concealed Armor to be patched in (CCA only does Synth and Combat Armor). (CA is for those that hate armor clipping and want to hide it.)

You can load it After the Wiki Patches you will just not have the Synth Overhaul Armor or the loot tables.

I'd start there if you are going to make a compatibility patch and just play with the Synth section (Install CCA without override and use it as a paint)

That will give you the easiest path to integrate the MOD and keep all the features.

Yes you are a pest :woot: . But I assume others are reading this that are to nevus/timid to ask question so it's a Good Q&A about basic stuff.

:P to you ....

Okay, next question, oh wise teacher. What are the CC Sets and CC Kits?

I've removed custom combat armor for now but may re-add it once I've worked out my merge patch.

Edited by rayhne

That's the modern weapons section. Calibers adds Barrel sets to the game via Weaponsmith to alter the ammo type your weapon uses. 

CCA is paint/skins if you like the skins then use it. if you just want it to hide armor then don't use it.

That's the modern weapons section. Calibers adds Barrel sets to the game via Weaponsmith to alter the ammo type your weapon uses. 

CCA is paint/skins if you like the skins then use it. if you just want it to hide armor then don't use it.

Thank you. And that makes sense. Some mods I've been using for a while and just in the habit of adding them. :) And now to give you a much-deserved break. But I will be back ....

Hi there!

I've had a blast with Skyrim, and have decided to give Fallout 4 a go. I've been reading through much of your guide (thanks for that, by the way!), and while I haven't actually started yet, I found myself confused about a couple of things. I hope you can help me sort through them. The answers are likely to be in plain sight (and if so, I apologize for wasting your time!)

1) I noticed that a icon patch for Weaponsmith Extended is in the list, but Weaponsmith itself is not. I believe I read elsewhere in this forum that Weaponsmith Extended is actually included within the ModWikiCore patch. Am I understanding that correctly? The patch gives us all the new weapons and placements and whatnot as if we'd installed Weaponsmith independently?

2) Is there a list I can read somewhere that shows what other mods are included in the various patches? For example, I noted the changelog indicated that Varied Raiders and Lots More Settlers and Enemies (and a few others) are "for MODWiki-BettersettlersClothing-Patch V2.2.1", but I'm not sure I understand what that means. Are those complete mods included in the Better Settlers patch? Or does it just mean that if I choose to install Lots More Settlers and Enemies (for example), I won't have to have a patch to make it work with Better Settlers? I don't find any mention of them on the actual guide.

3) I did see the "Thanks" at the bottom of the page, addressed to some mods which were included in the patch, but the absence of others (like the ones mentioned in the changelog, and of course, Weaponsmith Extended) made me uncertain about what I needed to do regarding those. 

Thanks! And thanks for giving me a great place to start making the most of Fallout. I spent years playing around with mods in Skyrim on my own before I ever realized people like Neo and Darth existed and were so willing to share what they had learned. The guides made things sooo much easier, that I decided to start​ there. Maybe I'll even get to actually play this time around!

@Dstansberry

1)  The Weaponsmith Extended - VIS Icons Patch has a cutdown version included in the core to make it compatible with vanilla, this just adds keywords so the Icons are correct in the pipboy.

2) yep you worked out the plugins (CORE is "enhanced vanilla" the plugins just add sets of mods to alter a facet but not necessarily how people would like so I separated them.

3) the Thanks section include Mod authors I've directly talked to and asked for permission if I've altered the mod in some way to suit the wiki. (there are others I've sent emails to but had no response so no alteration has been done to those.)

Weaponsmith is a part of the modern weapon section it's just additional mods you add to the sections if you have installed the Modwiki categories all the section format is included in that.

layout.png

@Dstansberry

Sorry I forgot to say thanks for your comments, Just tired at this end. Work commitments are taking a lot of my time. 

The Wiki is just a stepping stone for mods I've tried to make a solid setup for people to add to or just play as is. If you have issues or just confused, just post I'll sort it out for you. (fingers crossed) 

So I've been looking over the tabs and tags and subcategories/rollups and I think I'm finally working it out. I'm not using Weaponsmith so I don't need those Mods subcategories. At first I was royally confused by your Aid subcategories and then I realized that it made sense and cleaned up that area a great deal. The weapons subcategories confused me until I figured out that you are sorted by weapon type rather then ammo.

BTW, I need to remove some things pertaining to Lexington Intereries and Subway Runner from the NavMesh and World patches .... do you know way to find those errors?

Edited by rayhne

you do not use the worldspace patch if you do not use worldspace mods.....

if you sort via ammo then you will have revolvers that use rifle icons etc

the reason for the navmensh patch is 3DNPC+BTI 

Worldspace patch is BTI+subwayrunner and Overlapping Lexington and Plenty of Exploration

Worldspace MOD edits is something I'm still working on as it's a FPS/CTD problem.