wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@rayhne

When I spoke to mator he said  merge plugins works with MO2 in portable mode. you just select modorganizer not NMM and click autodetect and it should find everything.

not copying assets... are there any spaces in your folder i.e. c:\my stuff\Mo2 if so change to c:\my_stuff\mo2 is there an error associated with the asset transfer? When I used it it did not work with BA2 all files had to be loose. I do not know if it functions with BA2's now.

These are loose files. Not that big of a problem, I think. I just merge the esps, hide the originals and keep the meshes/textures/etc available. Everything seems to be working.

The Hover light yellow or the select darker yellow or both?

I think that's the portable way it files are in the root section of the Modorganizer folder there are no profiles as such. I'm not 100% sure.

both. So The base directory is fine pointing toward the %appdata%> Because it looks like everything is duplicating in that directory and in the c:\ folder.

Was looking at the Modwiki core patch and noticed that several items are missing a space (ie: (Chem)Jet (just an example). Also there are  two items with the tag of DELETE.

Edited by rayhne

Much better. Thank you! Only problem is the yellow highlight in the Download section and when you select a mod. Florescent reeks havoc with my eyes.

Otherwise it looks perfect.

AHHHHH Now I know what your talking about....

Click Configure setting -->General--> User  interface--> check compact download interface

1st time you open the download interface you will have to check then uncheck the show hidden button as that page is directly controlled form the MO2 application and the styling does not affect it until you interact with it.

(Chem)Jet and (Chem) Jet does not seem to affect the placement of the ICON. I know it's messy/bad coding but I've altered the ICON many, many times trying to get the XML to sort correctly and have introduced slight inconsistencies.

if you use c: to store download and Mods then you don't use the MKlink. and all files will be stored in the %appdata% folder

if you are using the MKlLnk they 'Look' like they are being duplicated but it's a Symbolic link i.e. a shortcut, hence the little arrow on the folder icon. And the data will be kept to the folder you chose when creaking the MKLink

Yep there are a few of those. The next patch corrects them. the prior patch had a bug and I wanted to get this one out ASAP. the next patch has but bug checking done to it. I'm holding off as I'm playing with a few things before release.

Also I'll be combining back into a FOMOD.

To find out what A FormID point to you CTRL+Click it

_SH_Shish [KYWD:3F004C67] is Weaponsmith-VIS Icon Patch I use it for INNR for weapon naming. I've made a cutdown version for Vanilla so it works for both type of installs.

With a FormID XX004C67 the 'XX' part refers to the Mod in the load order i.e. [3F] would be Weaponsmith-VIS Icon Patch for you

BOS Stylesheet

4K BOS Stylesheet (Updated 2/3/2017 9.30 am)

https://dl.dropboxus...ult-101-BOS.qss

1080p Scaled BOS Style sheet (Newer version of the 4K) V3.0.1 11.18pm 2/03/2017

V3.0.2

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/Vault-101-BOS%20-%201080p.qss

Installation

Copy into Stylesheet folders: Uses the assets of the original BOS Stylesheet.

NEW style sheet is called Vault-101-BOS - 1080p.qss make sure you select that in the Configuration--> Style.

Configuration

(default font size is 14)

Use notepad++ to find and replace all the following

font-size: 14px           

to

font-size: 28px for 4k

I'm making the fields auto size up to 'font-size: 32px' but some of the boxes are resisting me. Once fully working I'll upload to the nexus.

Edited by Gernash

Would you like some suggestions on making the guide clearer? I struggled with parts of it.

I've got the mods I want installed and am now taking your patches and working to remove associations with mods I'm not using then I'll be doing my own patching for things I like.

Mods I've merged but not testing yet (At this time I'm only able to merge the esps.)

Clean Wastelend Workshop

Clean Snap'n Build

Clean Shacks

I was not able to merge Clean Greenhouses because I use Scrap Everything and will need to use a patch. Clean Warehouse and Clean Barns do not have esps and don't need to be merged (if you choose to use them). I use Snappable beds so don't need Clean Settlement Beds.

Also merged all of the Workshop Rearragned patches.

I do not recommend merging Settlement mods that have "hacks" in them.

In saying that the procedure for merging mods is 

1. choose the mods you intend to merge.
  2. Check the file header and include all masters (not vanilla masters and DLC i.e. ESM).
  3. Right Click check for Check for errors.
  4. Resolve errors before merging

For an example

Clean Snap'n Build

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [10] Snap'n Build.esm

[00:00] SnB_RealEstate_A128Steps [COBJ:100009E6]
[00:00]     COBJ \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: GLOB
[00:00] SnB_RealEstate_A128Steps_Rails [COBJ:100009E7]
[00:00]     COBJ \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: GLOB
[00:00] All Done!

This is a difficult one to correct as the Global reference is missing.
Option 1: Contacting the mod author and asking if it can be resolved is the best course of action.
Option 2: Use the force.

Using the force

the error is a missing global click on another set of stairs i.e SnB_RealEstate_Foundation01_Steps01_A CTRL click it's global

right click the global copy as new record into

use SnB_GLOB_RE_A128Steps_Rails as the name to conform to the other names

use the new form ID in the null reference.

Now you  have corrected the error. But is it correct???

I do not know. Only the mod author knows the reason for the glitch, it may be intentional as Building mods need odd edits to function at times and correcting edits can break the mod.

My rule of thumb :Stay away from Merging Settlement mods.

Would you like some suggestions on making the guide clearer? I struggled with parts of it.

I do not mind at all because the WIKI is at time just MAD ravings as I type it with lack of sleep.

Also I'm writing after understanding a topic but somebody new to all this will not have a clue that they just red until they fiddle with it 1st.

So I welcome any input to make the guide better for others.

Like now I've just got up and not had coffee and I typed all that and rereading it makes me cringe. meh....

I didn't get an error. I am still in the process of building and plan on re-merging things again so I'll watch for it. Hidden f I get that error I'll just leave that one out on its own.

:) I'll send you the notes I've been making, once I make them readable.