wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Is there are reason for doing this way rather then doing it as I have been, in the Fallout 4 directory as a portable? (just curious)

Wait, I don't have a Fallout 4 folder under MO2

Also do you merge much with Merge Plugins?

Edited by rayhne

I played with Merge Plugins but I dont use it ATM the WIKI uses 215 esm's atm so users have 40 free slots when I get up to 220-225 I cull down the list with permissions from authors to include "patches"

There are some sections that can and will be merged i.e. Legendary mods, concealed armor, ZF4. as they are not in an update cycle.

Portable Mode seems to have issues with running external apps i.e. FO4edit,LOOT I was unable to get consistent results with it.

I've not moved to the NEW recompiled version of MO2 as it's too explodey for what I'm doing. you are welcome to play/use it.

If you are using the Portable version then  you can migrate to the nomal version just copy the portable files into the normal folder as per the guide.

Everything in the guide is based about the NON Portable method and If you have issues I cannot help as I do not use it. So you will have to guess how to set up stuff.

There may be other users that have it working that way and they may be able to shine light on the topic.

The mods are required as per the list and instruction.

I have excluded some of the patches from the requirements as they are redundant.

At the bottom is a full load order list https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Post-installation as of the date of the creation of the patches.

This list changes whenever I update the MODWIKI-Core as I integrate more. There are 2 mods that are "intergrated" with the permission of the authors that better mod naming and Weaponsmith - VIS Icon Patch but the latter I've just made a replacer so it can be used in an either/Or situation for modern weapons and there is consistency with the INNR and weapons don't BORK.

Some of the mods i.e. FALLOUT4WT I've written compatibility patches into the Wiki powerarmor patches that are unique (author is aware and have permission) 

Same goes for the settler stuff it's not just a merge but an overhaul. (I'll be spending more time in this section as each author approached the lists in a different way so I'm going to create a structure so no external comparability patching will be required it will be my own stuff in a logical order(and naming) so anyone can just add ARMO entries to different lists i.e. underwear, leather, hat, neck belt, raider, synth, supermutant etc,etc

As a WIP I'm coming across issues with cross comparability with mods so, slowly I'm making a framework for mods to plugin to as I get a better appreciation of how they are made and function.

Hopefully this will make life easier for others adding mods.

So the clean reinstall seems to have cleared at least some problems, though MO2 does still crash after using an external program.

There are some mods I like to use that I'm adding and some that you have listed I don't care for so I'm juggling things.

PS: thank you for being so patient with my freak-outs. :)

Edited by rayhne

@troy559grenade 

Is what done?

@rayhne

MO2 does still crash after using an external program.

That is normal if you change a file while VFS is running I've no solution for this. I close MO2 and open MO2 each time I edit stuff just in case.

Not really an issue if your just playing the game.

@rayhne

Freakouts!!

​Not sure if this wiki conforms to what others have done in regards to the patches, One mod author referred to it as recreating the game. I think it's just stuff I do in my spare time (so it get's done in spurts when something catches my eye.)

​So questions and freaking out is normal I suppose.

:) I'm using your guide as a base and then building on it.

Everything would be good if the pop ups in FO4Edit weren't so freaking small.

How do you merge stuff if you don't use Merge Patch?

Edited by rayhne

hehe, I've looked at the MATRIX so long all I see is blonds and brunets....

Open Fo4Edit

SHIFT click ok to load all mods

Right click Mods choose filter

then I expand the mod I'm integrating and go through folder/subfolder and each line and see what is overwriting what.

Red(bad)---Orange(iffy)---Green (OK or new record)

if there is a conflict you copy into overwrite to new mod i.e. MyMod

IF you have a particular mod you want to include I can make a one off patch for you so you can see how the conflicts are resolved.

Edited by Gernash

@rayhne

4K BOS Stylesheet (Updated 2/3/2017 9.30 am)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/Vault-101-BOS.qss

that is just a quick tickle to make it 4k can you look at it and tell me what annoyances you have. Just replace the original file.

I'll have the 4k tv setup later tonight and Go over it properly

TODO:

1. Adjust some radio buttons to Scale better
Edited by Gernash

Much better. Thank you! Only problem is the yellow highlight in the Download section and when you select a mod. Florescent reeks havoc with my eyes.

Otherwise it looks perfect.

Edited by rayhne

HAve you extracted the zip?

I extracted the zip but when I ran CK his deleted what I'd unzipped and unzipped something else when did not have a flag file.

I am able to use Merge Plugins but it only merges the esps and does not move over any of the assets.

Ugh. The base path once again has \AppData\Local\ModOrganizer in it. What can I do about this? And yes the Mod Organizer folder there does look the image. Should that folder have stuff in it?

Edited by rayhne

Much better. Thank you! Only problem is the yellow highlight in the Download section and when you select a mod. Florescent reeks havoc with my eyes.

Otherwise it looks perfect.

The Hover light yellow or the select darker yellow or both?

Ugh. The base path once again has \AppData\Local\ModOrganizer in it. What can I do about this? And yes the Mod Organizer folder there does look the image. Should that folder have stuff in it?

I think that's the portable way it files are in the root section of the Modorganizer folder there are no profiles as such. I'm not 100% sure.

@rayhne

When I spoke to mator he said  merge plugins works with MO2 in portable mode. you just select modorganizer not NMM and click autodetect and it should find everything.

not copying assets... are there any spaces in your folder i.e. c:\my stuff\Mo2 if so change to c:\my_stuff\mo2 is there an error associated with the asset transfer? When I used it it did not work with BA2 all files had to be loose. I do not know if it functions with BA2's now.