wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Okay, this may be a stupid question but what exactly is the ModWiki?

Good question Its a creature that keeps evolving......

I made the wiki as a howto for MO2 and a few mods as proof of concept. Then people started to use the mods, so I added to it.

The CORE section is about enhancing the vanilla experienced so textures that don't erase the vanilla feel and mods that add to the base game or mods that are used by others as pre requisites. i.e. 3dscopes.

The Addons bits is my attempt to solve the Hey I want modern weapons how can I get that working etc?

I use the MODWiki in my game play and recently I've been annoyed at the FPS so I've devoted a large block of time learning/understanding the why and wherefore so the next iteration will include that knowledge.

Lighting/ENB - I have a rough outline for that to act as a base for most people but I think I'll include a Monitor calibration section and how to with nifty phone blue filter contrast calibration etc.(wizardry I tell you)

I do not know where it's heading I'm just letting it drag me around everywhere. The stuff I post in there I test and replicate on 2 separate machines so There are repeatable results (trying to avoid blind copy/past and if I do there is usually a reference and link to post)

(APART from the WIKI base info which is a copy and paste from KESTRA's FORUM PAGE)

Because it all started with "KESTRA and Hi I wantz to make wikki can I steal you stuff?"

:) I'm confused by some of the stuff I'm reading so expect questions .... once I get my monitor replaced and I can actually play, that is. For example, what are the navmesh patches and what do they do?

I have used Lexington Interiors and would love to use it again but the level of the ghouls in the houses is way too much plus my FPS drops to single digits. :/

Interiors are to do with the mod author I do not touch that. I'm assuming you are talking about the instance door that takes you to the building interior with all the shopping trolleys in it?

Some mod authors have set mob levels and are not based off your level. in the Worldspace the D.E.C.A.Y mod sorts the spawns.

Interiors are to do with the mod author I do not touch that. I'm assuming you are talking about the instance door that takes you to the building interior with all the shopping trolleys in it?

Some mod authors have set mob levels and are not based off your level. in the Worldspace the D.E.C.A.Y mod sorts the spawns.

All of those Interiors spawn way too many high level ghouls. Nothing to do with you, just me complaining. :)

Are you using an ENB? if so have you tried disabling it ingame in those zones? I've noticed FPS loss in rooms with many HAVOC enabled objects.

I did ny early testing using a GTX580 and got 40+fps can you tell me the exact location I can check it out.

Are you using an ENB? if so have you tried disabling it ingame in those zones? I've noticed FPS loss in rooms with many HAVOC enabled objects.

I did ny early testing using a GTX580 and got 40+fps can you tell me the exact location I can check it out.

The TV I use as a monitor died and I am waiting (impatiently) for the replacement. I took a look at the list on the mod page but couldn't see the name of the one I was thinking of. I've also noticed FPS drops in various places like Cambridge.

FPS drop is inevitable with altered cells. It's the nature of the beast.(how the FO4 engine handles it)

I've been chatting to  SMB92 As he is doing the same type of thing. I'm just prepping by learning the different issues you encounter and workarounds before I begin the generations and when I start I'll add a few more World space mods that are popular. (enhanced vanilla not peppy/bright/slooty ones)

After I posted the previous message I remember the building I had been in, sort of. When you leave the plant and head into Lexington there is a door, I think red, in a corner wall. I entered the building and got jumped by several high level ghouls. FPS dropped to a crawl.

What are your thoughts about We are the Minutemen or Minutemen Overhaul?

Edited by rayhne

I'll look into into it I think Minutemen Overhaul as I was considering "this" when I started playing with WOTC

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15961/?

+

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14946/?

+

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17626/?

+

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12395/?

But that will be mainly for Tactical squad players.

So I think I found a error with the Wiki, I'm not sure.

When I checked your plugin list at the bottom, for functional display there is a esp that you don't get when you install with the current instructions. To get that esp you need to click the "wasteland imports" optional in the installation of the mod, and the wiki does not currently mention that. Is that a problem with the plugin list or a problem with the installation description for functional displays?