wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/MODWiki/MODWIKI%20OCD.esp

that is a patch to add the full menu to decor I think you will find it's all throughout the decor menus and this just it's "Native menu"

Perfect!  You may be right - I could have been using it all along.  The settlement mods section is a bit of an embarrassment of riches (not complaining!) so it could be I just didn't know what was contributing to what I was using.  But this is an elegant answer to my confusion.  I appreciate you putting that together.  And so fast!

NP happy to help I find that Workshop Rearrange is very clever in the way he had sorted off all the items. Makes it more intuitive. in some of the earlier releases some items were difficult to find. I've not had a chance to play settlements for a while still tinkering with Worldspace.

If I fix it all and give you a 50% fps boost then the patch will be about 10Gb I think. and you will only be able to use approved scrapping mods or it's pointless

If I fix it all and give you a 50% fps boost then the patch will be about 10Gb I think. and you will only be able to use approved scrapping mods or it's pointless

Wait.. You're going to get me up to 90 FPS!  ;-) Sweet!  I think the only scrapping mod I added was "Scrap Dead Things".  Dunno if that's a disqualifier for the Worldspace changes.  Hope not since it didn't appear to help much last night in my testing.

As for playing settlements, I find that's almost all I'm doing on this play through.  Without Shawn to drive me to Diamond City (due to an alternate start), keeping the settlements alive seems to be the only task that really makes sense.  Amazing the impact one mod can have.

Some additional mods to consider for your list, hopefully in keeping with the "same-but-better" theme:

SnapBeds (bunk beds just make sense)

Covenant Unrestricted (because the vanilla handling for that place is just nonsense)

Free Weapon Downgrades (now works same as armor)

Better warning for settlements being attacked (because, ya know, people are dying)

Settlement Management Software (because it's amazing)

Autosave Manager (because this thing crashes at the most inconvenient moments)

Outfit Switcher and FO4Hotkeys Radio Controls (because fiddling with the Pipboy takes me out of the game)

if you get 45fps in a city then 60+ is not unreasonable I linked https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11782-wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2/page-113#entry193964 

but nobody has tried it as yet. So I only have my own testing data. I've completed a couple of other areas so far (none of the congested ones as there are texture aberrations in there that I'm trying to sort out i.e. combat zone) IF you want to try, it's just concord at this time it will not damage a save game 

Edited by Gernash

Sure.  I was actually planning on doing a scavenging run to Concord tonight, anyway.  Do I use both NavmeshOverwrites-Patch AND Navmesh-Patch?

BTW, here's something people might want to consider if they are experiencing weird occlusion effects where things disappear if you look a certain direction, particularly after removing buildings in Sanctuary.  I've also seen it with some buildings in Concord - possibly related to a mod that changes the area (Beantown?).  I just rigged up a Hotkey:  U=tpc.  Toggles occlusion culling.  I use this in Sanctuary, and then turn it off when I leave town because it has an FPS effect.

Edited by c0c0c0

the "patch" is a full rebuild of the precombined mesh and rebuild of all the occluded space (lighting) and imaging off all the loose and static items. follow instruction in the link

I've checked all of concord I cannot find any glitches with it at this point

What are your thoughts on the safety of using "Don't Call Me Settler"?  I noticed it's on your recommended list but, or course, the author has taken it down.  The page says he's fixing it, but some people have also heard he got disillusioned after the whole stolen mods fiasco.  I have an old copy and right now, I'm using it strictly for the naming feature.  I don't use any of the management scripts.  Do you have a good enough understanding of the flaws in this one to have an opinion on whether or not that's safe enough?  I understand that when this one goes wrong, it's usually many hours into the game, at which point you are irrevocably borked.  But many people say they've used it forever with no issues.

I've not looked into scripts, the "bug" is the resetting of settlers after a period of time as far as I understand it. so there name and stuff changes. 

Unless you get "attached" to a settler I don't think you will even notice.

Personally I've had the mod running a long time and had no adverse effects.

As long as their gear doesn't change, I'm okay with changes to names and maybe assignments.  I'm looking at getting around to implementing Salvage Beacons, and the author has a dim view of DCMS.  It probably causes problems with assignments to his beacon tower.  If it occasionally needs to be reset, that's okay.  I've had enough settlers just die from raids so that an apparent change in personnel shouldn't hurt my immersion.

Next week I'll have a stare at it. I do not know much about pex and the actual code. I've only glanced at basic uncompressed code i.e. functional displays and it was normal to my eyes. I'll look at the more complex stuff and get back to you on it. Most of the other mods I've seen that do similar things are mainly sloot armies.

If anyone is aware of a mod that changed the appearance and naming of settlers in an all-in-one overhaul please tell me all about it.

I did a looting run through Concord this morning with your new NavMesh patch active.  I was at or around 60 FPS the entire time.  I did not see any of the occlusion issues I had with a previous run.

What strikes me as odd is that I get a pretty significant frozen screen - maybe 5-6 seconds long, every time I get near Concord, like it's trying to load a ton of new textures, but then my performance is just fine once it unfreezes.  Something odd in that town.

I've only done one 5/7 grid as per the pic I linked. The cough while entering the area is the transition area from a non modified zone with placed objects or modified meshes (cough barrels) into the remade precombined mesh and will reoccur when leaving it. 

I've been experimenting with it and the "cough" disappears when I rebuild the zone on a grander scale Ugrid 9 or 11. I'm still experimenting with it. The down side is the size of the patch would people want download a 10+gig patch if it basically doubles your frame rate?

Also if people use additional Worldspace mods it will break the fix and they would have to ask to have a Precombined mesh made for them.

Other choice is to do a basic writeup on how to generate a precombined mesh (small mesh 30 min large mesh 1-2 hrs.) the procedure is quite simple though.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what would be the best approach atm.

Creation Kit: anyone have info about how to get the CK to

• allocate more memory that 157Mb of internal memory to the render window
  • make use of cuda cores
  • use more than 4.7gig memory before using swapspace

Any links or info would be appreciated.