Updated/High-Res Mods and the STEP High-Res compilation conflict help

Nezumi

I wanted to upgrade from STEP Extended to something more in line with my system specs, and started by switching to the highest-resolution versions of STEP mods and updating to the current DROPS and SFO, as well as switching to the High Res compilation. Upon checking conflicts, I noticed there's some in the STEP Compilation that seem odd. Some of these were clarified by included documentation, but there's some I still need input on.

1. I should be using the SFO LOD billboards where they conflict with STEP Compilation, correct?
  2. meshes\landscape\plants\reachshrub01.nif and reachshrub02.nif are in all of the compilation, the main SFO mod, and the SFO billboards. Do I need to use a specific version for technical reasons?
  3. textures\effects\cloudtile.dds, fxsparkfieldgray.dds, and fxsparkfieldgreysmall.dds all conflict with Ultimate HD Fire Effects. The latter two are claimed in "Step Compilation Files.txt" to come from... Ultimate HD Fire Effects, while the former is listed without any sort of source or explanation. What do I do?

There was a fourth thing I noticed, but I'm gonna make sure that's not user error. Also, I apologize if this is already on the forums, but I searched and couldn't find it -- some related topics, but nothing covering my specific issues.

1. If you're using a version of SFO other than v1.87, yes the SFO Billboards should overwrite the ones in the Compilation.

2. No idea about this one. It should be in the readme why and where those are coming from in the Compilation.

3. Ess was jumping the gun and added a few mods to the Compilation that should have been added with the next release. Ultimate Fire Effects, I believe are one of those mods so the actual mod shouldn't be needed if you're installing the Compilation. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Ess was jumping the gun and added a few mods to the Compilation that should have been added with the next release. Ultimate Fire Effects, I believe are one of those mods so the actual mod shouldn't be needed if you're installing the Compilation. He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

It looks like they either didn't finish or someone pulled it back out, but those three files made it.

Also:

critterdragonfly.dds, critterdragonfly02.dds, critterdragonfly02_n.dds, critterdragonflywing.dds, and critterdragonfly_n.dds, cavebaseground01.dds, cavebaseground01_n.dds, cavebaseground02.dds, cavebaseground02_n.dds, minefloordirt01.dds, minefloordirt01_n.dds,  aren't supposed to be included in the version of the compilation I used, according to the file list, but are in fact in there. I double-checked that I didn't install the wrong version, so I'm guessing there's probably just a glitch and it doesn't properly remove them from Extended, at least with the high-res compilation. Gonna check if the normal extended has the same problem, and also gonna hide them, and if it breaks something for some reason, I'll let you know.

Also: Thank you.

EDIT: Just checked, the issue is only with the hi-res compilation. It may assume you're using the compilation with lower res versions, as an alternate explanation, but it's still odd.

Edited by Nezumi