SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Hi Paul,

Something really weird is happening. I have completed all the guide. The only part I have not done is the one concerning SMC. I think I did everything correctly. I launched the game from a vanilla save that begins just outside helgen's cave and guess what: none of the plugins were loaded. My MCM menu was completely empty!!! Another weird thing was that there was a lot of lagging before entering the inventory menu of my character.

I do not have a clue.

What do you think?

Here is my load order: https://pastebin.com/AMT8PGKr

Thanks for the help.

Hi Paul,

Something really weird is happening. I have completed all the guide. The only part I have not done is the one concerning SMC. I think I did everything correctly. I launched the game from a vanilla save that begins just outside helgen's cave and guess what: none of the plugins were loaded. My MCM menu was completely empty!!! Another weird thing was that there was a lot of lagging before entering the inventory menu of my character.

I do not have a clue.

What do you think?

Thanks for the help.

dont use a save from vanilla it will not work... start a new game. That's why you install ASLAL so you can use a different start than cart ride.

edit: and i hope you start the game from Mod Organizer with SKSE.

Edited by paul666root

Hi Paul,

I do not have a clue.

What do you think?

Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem. Did you leave the unmerged esps in your load order (deactivated)? I had to mark them all as optional in left pane until there were less than 255 esp (regardless if activated or deactivated) in my load order.

Edited by TheChemist

I was finaly able to finish the SMC downloads.

The output folder Mod Organizer\mods\SMC Output has a subfolder "SMC" that contains all the esp's, scripts, sound, interface, meshes etc except the textures folder that is in the data directory.

Is that expected?

Edited by edynacio

To Paul: Yes I launch skse through MO. I just started a new game and guess what: It started with the vanilla start, the cart in the forest etc. ect. and in the end no plugins were loaded....

To TheChemist: yes all unmerged esps are deactivated in my right pane

BTW how do i reply directly to a post without opening a new one?

Thanks

Go into your left pane in the mod organizer. Look up the mods that contain merged esps and mark the merged esps as optional. They will then no longer show up in your load order (right side of the MO). My game showed the same problems as long as I had more than 255 esps (regardless if they were activated or not) in my right list in MO.

The output folder Mod Organizer\mods\SMC Output has a subfolder "SMC" that contains all the esp's, scripts, sound, interface, meshes etc except the textures folder that is in the data directory.

Is that expected?

you need to copy everything from SMC folder into the SMC output folder. I'll modify the guide to say not to create any folder.

Go into your left pane in the mod organizer. Look up the mods that contain merged esps and mark the merged esps as optional. They will then no longer show up in your load order (right side of the MO). My game showed the same problems as long as I had more than 255 esps (regardless if they were activated or not) in my right list in MO.

i dont understand what you did here... you have 3 ways to merge a mod:

1. merge all mods with esps and then deactivate the entire mods folders and activate only the merged one

2. merge ONLY the esps from the mods and deactivate in MP copy assets. Then put the esps from the original mods into "optional" or just delete them and let the original mods activated.

3. copy over the esps from all mods to be merged into a new mod folder, leave the original mods activated in MO and only merge the esps, then deactivate the mod folder that contains the esps only (this is the way i do it for all merges)

all 3 are ok. Point 2 and 3 are great for those with little space on SSDs.

To Paul: Yes I launch skse through MO. I just started a new game and guess what: It started with the vanilla start, the cart in the forest etc. ect. and in the end no plugins were loaded....

To TheChemist: yes all unmerged esps are deactivated in my right pane

BTW how do i reply directly to a post without opening a new one?

Thanks

try a different start with a heavily modded game. Still even with vanilla start mods should load...

you can only edit a post for 15 minutes then you can only start a new post on the forum

i dont understand what you did here... you have 3 ways to merge a mod:

1. merge all mods with esps and then deactivate the entire mods folders and activate only the merged one

2. merge ONLY the esps from the mods and deactivate in MP copy assets. Then put the esps from the original mods into "optional" or just delete them and let the original mods activated.

3. copy over the esps from all mods to be merged into a new mod folder, leave the original mods activated in MO and only merge the esps, then deactivate the mod folder that contains the esps only (this is the way i do it for all merges)

all 3 are ok. Point 2 and 3 are great for those with little space on SSDs.

I did it exacly as described in 2.

Paul, I am not sure what you mean by "try a different start with a heavily modded game".

Also I would like your opinion on how I merge.

After I finished merging I leave:

- in the left pane the folder containing the merged esps activated.

- in the right pane the merged esps consequently appear but i leave them deactivated. So my right pane looks like this https://pastebin.com/yt9xTbPL. But the activated esps are only the ones between skyrin.esm and dyndolod.esp. Do you think this could be why my plugins are not loading? It would be strange because I have also completed SRLE Ext LOTD using the same "merge method" and it works simply great.

I never do that... maybe you got too many esps there even if they are deactivated. Deactivate in the left pane all the mod folders that contain patches and mods that are merged so they wont show at all in the right pane.

SRLE EXTENDED does not have 500+ patches.

Edited by paul666root

Is that expected?

Be sure not to run SMC inside mod organizer.

doesn't really matter where you run it. I always place the output folder from SMC directly into the MO mods folder path. It's ok as long as you don't run SMC from MO executables dropdown.

That's what i said..... don't run SMC from inside MO...  which it appears he did since he has textures in his data directory..

Edited by jdsmith2816