SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Minerva in the 2.5 update received MCM support for changing her hairstyle in game so in the FOMOD instructions it should probably be changed:

Select Hairstyle -> Hairstyle -> "MCM user" (or if you really want to keep type 3 hair without the new MCM option "Non MCM user - Type 3")

Also I pointed out on the mod page awhile ago that the installer was installing meshes with incorrectly mapped texture paths for her hair so the hair ended up with the missing textures effect in game. In the interim you should probably also instruct users to install the "Minerva Hair Textures" update file for 2.5 until there is a new 2.6 update that rolls those fixes into the main file.

Edit: Actually, I tried playing around with choosing the "Non MCM user - Type 3" option in the installer and I think it's just installing the MCM option regardless since it keeps starting with Type 1 hair and the MCM is working, even more reason to just instruct people to install the MCM option and let them choose in game I guess.

Minerva in the 2.5 update received MCM support for changing her hairstyle in game so in the FOMOD instructions it should probably be changed:

Select Hairstyle -> Hairstyle -> "MCM user" (or if you really want to keep type 3 hair without the new MCM option "Non MCM user - Type 3")

Also I pointed out on the mod page awhile ago that the installer was installing meshes with incorrectly mapped texture paths for her hair so the hair ended up with the missing textures effect in game. In the interim you should probably also instruct users to install the "Minerva Hair Textures" update file for 2.5 until there is a new 2.6 update that rolls those fixes into the main file.

Edit: Actually, I tried playing around with choosing the "Non MCM user - Type 3" option in the installer and I think it's just installing the MCM option regardless since it keeps starting with Type 1 hair and the MCM is working, even more reason to just instruct people to install the MCM option and let them choose in game I guess.

thanks for letting me know i will take a look once i can actaully download it since Nexus is down for maintenance at the moment.

Edited by Darth_mathias

OK guys I decided for merge plugins standalone to NOT recommend copying the assets since there is still a bug which means not all assets are being copied to a new merge. So until it is fixed i say once a merge is complete you KEEP the orgianl mods Activated but remove the merged esps. I will add a note about that to the merges page.

OK guys I decided for merge plugins standalone to NOT recommend copying the assets since there is still a bug which means not all assets are being copied to a new merge. So until it is fixed i say once a merge is complete you KEEP the orgianl mods Activated but remove the merged esps. I will add a note about that to the merges page.

Not copying assets can lead to issues due to scripts, interface files, translation files and facegen among other things needing to be updated in various cases... Thigns that merge plugins takes care of when copying assets is left alone.

It's simpler to always make sure that any esp overwrites just get placed into the folder with it's assets rather than in a seperate folder by themselves as that's the only issue MP has in this regard...

Not copying assets can lead to issues due to scripts, interface files, translation files and facegen among other things needing to be updated in various cases... Thigns that merge plugins takes care of when copying assets is left alone.

It's simpler to always make sure that any esp overwrites just get placed into the folder with it's assets rather than in a seperate folder by themselves as that's the only issue MP has in this regard...

basically all i am trying to say is don't check the Copy General Assets Option in Merge plugins its in the integration tab. everything else should be as per SRLE Base. Need to make that a bit clearer.

see it helps you have you guys pointing this stuff out cos I know what I mean but not very good at conveying it sometimes.

Edited by Darth_mathias

basically all i am trying to say is don't check the Copy General Assets Option in Merge plugins its in the integration tab. everything else should be as per SRLE Base. Need to make that a bit clearer.

see it helps you have you guys pointing this stuff out cos I know what I mean but not very good at conveying it sometimes.

Yeah I know what you're saying... I'm saying that not checking that box causes problems for mods with scripts, translation files and facegen data... 

You can definitely choose not to copy assets but at that point you need to make sure to also add instructions for people to, for instance, copy the facegen folders and rename to the new esp name.  You'll also need to manually renumber the files in the facegen folders using the mergemap... There's similar work for translations... script file sometimes need recompiling as well...

It's simpler simply and far less error prone to make sure to use proper MO procedure to merge esp replacers with the mod they are replacing and leave the copy assets checked.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Yeah I know what you're saying... I'm saying that not checking that box causes problems for mods with scripts, translation files and facegen data... 

You can definitely choose not to copy assets but at that point you need to make sure to also add instructions for people to, for instance, copy and rename all the facegen data an renumber it manually from the mergemap for any mod that has it...  Similar work for translations... script file sometimes need recompiling as well...

It's simpler simply and far less error prone to make sure to use proper MO procedure and overwrite esp's when using a replacer and leave the copy assets checked.

well then i don't know what to recommend other then just saying leave all mod activated and remove the original esp's post merge since merge plugins definitively seems to still have the issue of not fully copying all assets been like that ever since FO4 and SSE implementation and Mator still hasn't fixed it (or more like he hasn't figured out how to fix it).

Edited by Darth_mathias

well then i don't know what to recommend other then just saying leave all mod activated and remove the original esp's post merge since merge plugins definitively seems to still have the issue of not fully copying all assets been like that ever since FO4 and SSE implementation and Mator still hasn't fixed it (or more like he hasn't figured out how to fix it).

Is using known good old merge plugin version an option? We really don't need FO4 and SSE support here.

Is using known good old merge plugin version an option? We really don't need FO4 and SSE support here.

it could be i'll have a chat with Nozzer about it.

you can try to do as i did and only merge esps. Merge with assets the mods with facegen and translations and avoid merging multiple mods with scripts.

I could need to have a bit of rethink about the merges I am doing. but i don't think the problem is scripts as what appears to me happening is that not all the textures and meshes are being copied correctly.

it could be i'll have a chat with Nozzer about it.

I could need to have a bit of rethink about the merges I am doing. but i don't think the problem is scripts as what appears to me happening is that not all the textures and meshes are being copied correctly.

Has anyone tried leaving the merged mods active in the MO left pane while only deleting or moving the merged esps into the optional folder? Might this fix the error? I had wondered if the merging might not have been the culprit to a few errors, but I haven't really experimented with it enough to know that was the case. I also haven't taken the time to compare the original esps to the merged esp in TES5Edit to see what, if anything, it failed to merge properly.

Has anyone tried leaving the merged mods active in the MO left pane while only deleting or moving the merged esps into the optional folder? Might this fix the error? I had wondered if the merging might not have been the culprit to a few errors, but I haven't really experimented with it enough to know that was the case. I also haven't taken the time to compare the original esps to the merged esp in TES5Edit to see what, if anything, it failed to merge properly.

this can work but costs more disk space. Also for facegen data and translations this could be a problem (or just delete them from the merged mods folders)

Has anyone tried leaving the merged mods active in the MO left pane while only deleting or moving the merged esps into the optional folder? Might this fix the error?

I always do this anyway. Yeah it takes more space but I don't mind too much. Have yet to see an issue.

so I doubt anyone will run into this problem at this point but I thought I would share...

So the update to the final dragonborn gallery had you clean the script for the museum heist quest. He tells you not to if you're on that quest. Thing is, the script triggers before the quest starts. I didn't have the quest in my journal, but the quest triggers once you have 400 items in your museum, you have to leave the museum and wait at least 24 hours to return and find it robbed. Well I had placed 400 items in, and left for solstheim for 30 some odd hours of play. Since I didn't return to the museum I didn't know the quest was active, and removed the script, effectively borking my museum permanently. So I lost a Level 40 character. Furthest I've ever gotten in the game. And now I have to restart...