SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

The ICH meshes for some the Legacy of the Dragonborn added dragon priest masks seem to be missing from the ICH Patches download. (or there's something odd going on.)

I checked out the esp in TES5Edit for names of the mesh files and went hunting.

Vosis mask:

armor/dragonpriesthelms/MenDP_Silver.nif, FemDP_Silver.nif, KhaDP_Silver.nif, KhaDP_Silver_F.nif, OrcDP_Silver.nif, ArgDP_Silver.nif, ArgDP_Silver_F.nif. None of these exist.

Vahlok mask:

The meshes are there, so the mask and hood appear, but the hood looks like it has masktexture.dds applied to it, so it looks completely weird. 

MO2S & MO3S - Alternate textures: 3D name drgaonhood (not a typo on my part), New texture: Vahloktexture, 3D index: 1.

Texture set xx000817: Vahloktexture

TX00: Diffuse: armor\dragonpriesthelm\masktexture.dds, (this exists, along with its _n.dds and _m.dds)(in Legacy of the Dragonborn)

TX01: Normal/Gloss: textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\DragonPriestHelm_n.dds (this doesn't exist)

FYI, TMB Vanilla Armors has meshes for the Daedric Helmet in it, and it overrides Improved Closefaced Helmets.  None of the other helmets are in the TMB Vanilla Armors archive, so I'm thinking the author might have forgotten to take it out.

Easy fix, hide or delete the daedric helmet meshes from TMB Vanilla Armors.

I haven't actually played with TMB in game as I'm still torn on that or just sticking with vanilla, but just opening up the .nif in nifskope it looks like the point of the helm is that they removed the asymmetry of the horns that many people dislike and perhaps more edits than I can tell at just this quick glance, so is likely not an error in being included. If it's just cutting the asymmetry then any mod that combines that with the ICH design would probably be the best replacement while retaining the intended designs of both mods.

Edit: I also don't use ICH so I realize it maybe also adjusts the horns already and I just didn't realize.

Edited by Caladcholg

Couple of fixes coming:

1) Change the RUSTIC SOULGEMS install. Do NOT hide the esp as previously suggested. It will get merged later on.

2) A change to the Men of Winter install I mentioned above as the Grey Cowl patch is already worked into the Merge for NPC changers that Darth provides.

3) Oh and a fix as suggested above to Rustic Children. In my defence I had far too much blood in my caffeine stream at the time of writing that instruction.

Will eyeball the ICH versus LOTD issue mentioned above by ceilingrat. If anyone has the chance to look in game at the items in question and pop up a screenshot or two it would help in decisions.

The reason I mentioned the daedric helmet meshes, is because I was getting an invisible helmet. The horns are still somewhat asymmetrical. I almost never use daedric armour, collect it yes, use it no. Much prefer the look of ebony armour or dragonscale.

I see about screenshots for missing helmets and whatnot.

If I'm barking up the completely wrong tree, could somebody please tell me?

Okay screenshots

Masks on display wall - 

https://imgur.com/PDKxKHu

(Vokun mask sits a little high, worry about that later)

Vahlok front inventory screen

https://imgur.com/hjXeVlB

Vahlok left side

https://imgur.com/B5TsRK7

Vahlok back

https://imgur.com/s5Bxgpp

Vahlok right side

https://imgur.com/nH46Qzg

Vosis front

https://imgur.com/S7I4vPn

I have no idea if this is correct, doesn't look terribly silver to me. 

Vosis back

https://imgur.com/3o4hktN

And for something that appears correct

Korthor front

https://imgur.com/XkMBla3

Korthor back

https://imgur.com/e9vlo06

Korthor uses MenDP_Stahlrim.nif & FemDP_Stahlrim.nif in the armatures. Which are Gallery_Patch......

Just had a quick look at my original, prior to the merge ICH patches install. All the nif's you say you're missing are present for me. I'm wondering if something's gone 'phut' with either your download/installation and/or the merge, with Merge Plugins not copying assets correctly. Having said that, they all copied into the merge as well for me.

Try checking your original ICH Patches install and see if the meshes are there but haven't copied over to the merge. We were actually going to put a notice on the Merges page that things like this sometimes happen. If you unchecked ICH Patches after doing the merge, try rechecking it and see if that sorts it?

Anyone know where can I find a load order for the guide for both texture/mesh overides (left MO pane) and esp/esm's (right MO pane)?

Is the guide install order correct throughout, as in do I need to move any mods with textures/meshes to a lower or higher priority in the left pane? 

I want to verify my load order is good so far after running LOOT. Just finished the General World Improvement section. Thank you.

MO Right plugins pane ESM/ESP load order

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
EFFCore.esm
notice board.esp
Gray Fox Cowl.esm
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
EasyWheel.esp
Extended UI.esp
SkyUI.esp
YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
GoOnAhead.esp
iHUD.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
UIExtensions.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
CWIELnFXPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
Undeath.esp
Point The Way.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
TreaclemanFalskaarPatch.esp
NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
MoonAndStar_ImmersionPatch.esp
Gray Fox Flora Overhaul.esp
TreaclemanTGCONPatch.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp
konahrik_accoutrements.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
MoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.esp
forgottencity__racecompatibility.esp
undeath__usleep.esp
forgottencity__usleep.esp
undeath__crf.esp
undeath__falskaar.esp
Undeath Immersive Lichdom V3.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp
PreventsAccidentPickUp.esp
Falskaar - Notice Board.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp
Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
Vividian - Torches Preset.esp
ELE_Fs_Lite.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

Edited by D1Z4STR

Anyone know where can I find a load order for the guide for both texture/mesh overides (left MO pane) and esp/esm's (right MO pane)?

Is the guide install order correct throughout, as in do I need to move any mods with textures/meshes to a lower or higher priority in the left pane? 

I want to verify my load order is good so far after running LOOT. Just finished the General World Improvement section. Thank you.

MO Right plugins pane ESM/ESP load order

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

Falskaar.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

EFFCore.esm

notice board.esp

Gray Fox Cowl.esm

Cutting Room Floor.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

Lock Overhaul.esp

EasyWheel.esp

Extended UI.esp

SkyUI.esp

YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

GoOnAhead.esp

iHUD.esp

AHZmoreHUD.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

RaceMenuOverlays.esp

UIExtensions.esp

LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp

ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

CWIELnFXPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives.esp

EFFDialogue.esp

ESFCompanions.esp

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

Undeath.esp

Point The Way.esp

Thieves Guild Requirements.esp

RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp

TheChoiceIsYours.esp

Atlas Legendary.esp

TreaclemanFalskaarPatch.esp

NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp

MoonAndStar_ImmersionPatch.esp

Gray Fox Flora Overhaul.esp

TreaclemanTGCONPatch.esp

SMIM-Merged-All.esp

Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp

konahrik_accoutrements.esp

Provincial Courier Service.esp

ForgottenCity.esp

WheelsOfLull.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

MoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.esp

forgottencity__racecompatibility.esp

undeath__usleep.esp

forgottencity__usleep.esp

undeath__crf.esp

undeath__falskaar.esp

Undeath Immersive Lichdom V3.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

TimingIsEverything.esp

konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp

PreventsAccidentPickUp.esp

Falskaar - Notice Board.esp

Vivid Weathers.esp

Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp

Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp

Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp

Vividian - Torches Preset.esp

ELE_Fs_Lite.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

load order can be found here: https://modwat.ch/u/Darth_mathias (Right pane)

install order can be found here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Integration_guide (Left Pane)

please do bare in mind that my load is slightly old and does require updating (which i may do or Nozzer may upload his when he is done) so it will not be exactly the same nearer the end but will give you an idea.

Hey guys I have been tweaking the prerequisites page added new manual cleaning instructions for Dawnguard (suggest everyone looks at that) expanded ENB Organizer section and added a new Recommended Driver tweaks section this if for Nvidia User only since that is the card I personally have.

Okay, I have been confused about the instructions for the aMidianBorn section for a little while now, ignoring some other stuff for now and focusing on the iron armor choices so as not to confuse myself even more let me see if I understand all the options:

In the original aMidianBorn Armors installer there are three options for Iron armor, "Iron", "Vanilla Cut", and "White Fur"

Then installing the Content Addon it creates three alternatives in game: the "default", "Engraved", and "Fine" (or "Brown" in the filepaths).

The instructions in this guide then have us installing the standalone replacer "aMidianBorn Iron and Banded Armor"

From looking at the files, the Armors Installer's "Iron" option and the Content addon "Fine" are identical with the "White" version from the original installer being identical to both of these except with white fur; the "Vanilla Cut" in the original installer appears to be unique. The default in the Content Addon appears to be identical to the "engraved" version in Content Addon except the latter adds the engraving layer over top. All of which is fine on its own except that the standalone replacer we are then told to install last appears to be identical to the "engraved" version in the Content Addon causing the default and one of the new options to be identical when following the guide.

I could obviously be missing something important here but I dunno. From looking at the options it seems to me that having the "Vanilla Cut" installed and skipping the default install from the content addon and not installing the standalone replacer would provide the most obvious visual variation between the options opened up by the Content Addon, although if the "Vanilla Cut" is disliked for personal choice reasons keeping the Content Addon default and not installing the standalone replacer seems the most obvious way to keep from having duplicates in game. This was kind of a longwinded way to say there are duplicates but I wanted to provide context.

The last thing is that I remember earlier noticing that USLEEP edits to the iron cuirass meshes (and maybe the steel ones too, I can't remember) changed the 3Dindex order of the pieces in the .nif so that the content addon's plugin was not correctly mapping texture paths to be overwritten. Is this covered in the Conflict Resolution patch? I remember downloading one of the modular patches when I was looking at the YASH guide and noticing it didn't resolve this but when following this guide I have a ton of stuff I am not installing so am missing masters and don't think I can check the patch for this guide to see if it resolves it either.

Edit: The standalone file that we download "aMidianBorn Iron cabals cut 2k" is the one identical to the "engraved" option just as the download page implies with the "aMidianBorn Iron vanilla cut 2k" file being identical to the Content Addon default. I imagine this means that it WAS incorporated into the content addon at some point and the standalone download could just be removed from the guide at this point? Again unless there are changes to like the normals or something that I'm not seeing. It should be noted though that the "aMidianBorn Iron vanilla cut 2k" file is still different from the vanilla cut in the armors installer.

Edited by Caladcholg

Hey guys I have been tweaking the prerequisites page added new manual cleaning instructions for Dawnguard (suggest everyone looks at that) expanded ENB Organizer section and added a new Recommended Driver tweaks section this if for Nvidia User only since that is the card I personally have.

Thank you. i'm glad you put the Nvidia section in. So when I Force Vsync with Nvidia, should I turn off Vsyn in enblocal.ini?