SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

i know that the guide is far from completely ready but is there an estimated date that it will be?

no pressure

Well I think they have already accomplished a lot and you can access the Locked Version which is stable at the time if I am right.

@Nozzer: do you plan to update the CR ? Thanks.

Alkira.

I do, but I'm doing a quick reinstall (on a fresh profile) to check the guide flows OK. Wont be long now. Just have to fix that and write up the finishing steps a bit better and we're good.

While the current provided CR IS out of date it'll fix the majority of issues. There's bound to be a few new USLEEP fixes to carry through and so on, plus possible issues with new mods etc.

I'd rather take my time and get it RIGHT than get it done quick and find issues later is all :)

Best thing to do, I fully agree with you. So I don't need to look at it for now and can enjoy a bit more my playthrough, thanks :)

Alkira.

Hello,

I just tried removing the land records from Unique Flowers and Plants per the guide instructions.  In order for Hishy to run, mteFuntions.pas has to be installed.  You might want to expand the guide instructions to include downloading mteFunctions.pas.  I have played Skyrim for 2,200+ hours and have never had to use mteFuntions.pas before, thus I did not have it installed.  A noobie would need some hand holding to get it downloaded and installed properly.

Love the Guide.  Can't wait for the new standalone version to be officially released.

Ok so i am doing a test run and have got finished with the world map section. I booted up skyrim and got a "Warning SKSE memory fix is not active on your game! Make sure "Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini" has DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 or higher under [Memory]. If using Mod Organizer try adding -forcesteamloader to SKSE startup options.

Which one do I do? Did i miss it in the pre-reqs guide?

From Pre-req's guide:

Post BethINI Tweaks

SKSE.ini

The first step to editing the SKSE.ini is to create it. Perform the following:

* Right-click Skyrim Script Extender in the Mod Organizer mod list.* Select "Open In Explorer".* Create and enter a folder named SKSE.* Create and open a text file named SKSE.ini.

Once this file is open to be edited, paste in the following:

[General]   ClearInvalidRegistrations=1    [Display]   iTintTextureResolution=2048

I think I found my issue:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

How to use the memory allocator patch?
1. Open CrashFixPlugin.ini and find "UseOSAllocators=0"
2. Change it to "UseOSAllocators=1"
3. Download and install SKSE Plugin Preloader
4. Start game, if you get an error saying that memory patch could not be applied read the message for help, otherwise you're good to go.
(5.) Causes game to crash and you use ENB? Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini
(6.) Causes game to crash more frequently (especially with UNP RaceMenu sliders)? Try AlignHeapAllocate=1 in CrashFixPlugin.ini

Tips for additional stability:
(These are things I've observed and Not 100% fact!)

If you don't have some lines listed below in your INI it means they are set to default value.

Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini (not needed if UseOSAllocators=1 in CrashFixPlugin.ini):

• Set DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB:Memory to 768. If you are using a lot of mods or higher uGrid than 5 then set 1024. Helps with CTD during save load, especially if you can load the save after qasmoke. Max value is 1280. If you are using ENB you may get CTD on startup with higher value than 768 and ExpandSystemMemoryX64 true in enblocal.ini!
  • Set ScrapHeapSizeMB:Memory to 256. Game can't use more than 256 of this and setting higher serves no purpose.
Edited by D1Z4STR

Big issue, started a new game (finished down to the world map point of the mod guide, unchecked YOT for better vampires, frostfall, ineed, moonlight tales and wearable laterns (since they are not installed yet) ran loot one more time, ran SKSE and click start new game and instant CTD. No errors came up. I have checked the pre-req guide and I have no idea what it could be. I also ran the vanilla profile and it also CTD's right as i click start new game. Could i be a .ini or enb setting? I have no idea.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
EFFCore.esm
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
Point The Way.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
PreventsAccidentPickUp.esp
EasyWheel.esp
Extended UI.esp
SkyUI.esp
YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp
YOT - Better Vampires.esp (unchecked)
YOT - Frostfall Module 3.0.esp (unchecked)
YOT - iNeed.esp (unchecked)
YOT - Moonlight Tales Essentials.esp (unchecked)
YOT - Wearable Lanterns.esp (unchecked)
AMatterOfTime.esp
GoOnAhead.esp
iHUD.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp

ENBlocal.ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false  (could this have something to do with it since the actual ENB settings from vividian is not installed yet)
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=3750
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66
KeyDepthOfField=118

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

Ok i have got the vanilla profile and modded profile to work with MO when launching SKSE. The culprit was ENBoost or the ENB Organizer, when enb is on in enb organizer i get a instant CTD when starting a new game. Any recommendations in ENBoost/organizer settings?

Edited by D1Z4STR

I figured it out, since I am not using a ENB profile just yet (i.e. Vividian (later in the install guide) i needed to turn UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true from false. No CTD's for now on new game. (only if your enbseries.ini is set to [GLOBAL] UseEffect=true)

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics= cannot be false if enbseries.ini [GLOBAL] UseEffect=true

So for now and upcoming in the guide i will be installing the Vividian ENB profile. I am leaving UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false and in the enbseries.ini [GLOBAL] UseEffect=false

Edited by D1Z4STR

Hello,

I just tried removing the land records from Unique Flowers and Plants per the guide instructions.  In order for Hishy to run, mteFuntions.pas has to be installed.  You might want to expand the guide instructions to include downloading mteFunctions.pas.  I have played Skyrim for 2,200+ hours and have never had to use mteFuntions.pas before, thus I did not have it installed.  A noobie would need some hand holding to get it downloaded and installed properly.

Love the Guide.  Can't wait for the new standalone version to be officially released.

I believe that part is in the prerequisites section which it links to at the beginning of the guide

Special installation: extract to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts Then go to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Prerequisites

Edited by StoneyMason

I believe that part is in the prerequisites section which it links to at the beginning of the guide

Special installation: extract to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts Then go to TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Prerequisites

done i have added a note to make sure it is installed before continuing on.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I figured it out, since I am not using a ENB profile just yet (i.e. Vividian (later in the install guide) i needed to turn UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true from false. No CTD's for now on new game. (only if your enbseries.ini is set to [GLOBAL] UseEffect=true)

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics= cannot be false if enbseries.ini [GLOBAL] UseEffect=true

So for now and upcoming in the guide i will be installing the Vividian ENB profile. I am leaving UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false and in the enbseries.ini [GLOBAL] UseEffect=false

when you installed ENBoost all you needed was 2 files d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe cos ENB Organizer come with a copy the enblocal file which you tweak through ENB Organizer. Personally I never really liked ENB Organizer always prefered ENB FXAA SweetFX Manager and Remover - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804/? that was i actually use myself.

you don't need anything else until you come to install Vividian (or another ENB of your choice).

I will tweak that once i can actually login and load the page since the wiki is currently doing it's not loading thing at the moment. can't edit the wiki at the keep getting 504's and 503's will try again later unless nozzer gets there first.

Edited by Darth_mathias