SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

The Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central has been update to 1.9, the installation SREL-E-LOTD still says to install 1.8, but been that a merge done for SREL-E-LOTD I wonder if, despite of the installation guide, we must install the new 1.9 version

use the LOTD Patches Merged. ignore updates on the main file

Dear Paul666root, just a dumb question but can the town, villages mods be merged or do they have scripts, navmeshes etc that prevent this. Sorry I'm on holiday and not able to see the mods on my game computer. At present I don't use them simply because I have other mods I use together with SRLE Ext LOTD and mod space is short. I've read that mods with scripts etc should not to be merged but wondered if relinker tool would change this. Ya I'm still a novice with these things.....ta. Berndaroy

this really depends on a lot of things. What towns/villages expansions you want to merge... do they conflict or not... most town overhauls dont have scripts. They do have navmeshes that conflict with one another so these have to be first tested unmerged with followers the decide which one goes where in the merge order. I got merged now 15 town/village/skyrim expansion mods together but they are small mods and not big overhauls like Holds/JK/Dawn.

since you are in the beginning you should not merge mods with navmeshes unless you know what you are doing.

Edited by paul666root

So I got a good 7 hours of solid play in today, everything was pretty smooth. Some things I noticed, the staff enchanter in the player home above the Dragonborn museum goes black every few seconds, the glowing effect seems messed up. Whenever it rains, all the NPC's put on their leather hoods, but it seems like 50% of them keep their hair when they do so, causing ugly hair popping through.

I have a question regarding followers. Is Tocatta OP? She's following me around and really laying waste to everything, including the first Dragon fight, even set to expert.

Just a heads up Bijin AIO is updated to the latest Seranaholic and Valerica

Edit: Also about the Men of Winter - Equipment Patch I think the fomod installer is wrong Paul?

The Fomod says the instruction is for the Men of Winter - Equipment Patch but the Fomod is actually for the Appearance Safety Patch.

Edited by reddvilzz

hey just curious why did you remove college days?

I decided it wasn't really needed as it does not add much to the overall game. All it does is slow down progression of the College quest line to the point of being a little annoying. If you really want a mod that slow down the college quest line I suggest you try Not So Fast - Mage Guild https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64633/?

Dear Paul thank you for the reply. I was think of the towns in SRLE Ext Lotd....ivanstead,kynesgrove etc minus dark water and whistling mine. If you think that not doable ok, but you peeked my curiousity as to which towns mods you have merged and how did you do it....yes I know of the tutorial that helps you clear or rather fix navmesh issues. And if the mods you have merged are to my liking for lack of a better phase, would you consider sharing it or does that border on infringement laws etc.....yours sincerely Berndaroy...Sorry Darth just seen your previous post as to why they ain't merged...humble apologies

Edited by berndaroy

I would not recommend merging arthmoor villages.

As for the other request i will pm you with the list later today.

Count me in please been hunting for those city overhauls.

Just a heads up Bijin AIO is updated to the latest Seranaholic and Valerica

Edit: Also about the Men of Winter - Equipment Patch I think the fomod installer is wrong Paul?

The Fomod says the instruction is for the Men of Winter - Equipment Patch but the Fomod is actually for the Appearance Safety Patch.

Just a reminder in case you missed it paul
  • +1 1

So i am following the guide and everything is going fine however when i get to the part "NPC Retextures - Optional Installation" there is a warning stating "This part is optional. If you use this part don't install NPC Retextures above". So if i installed the NPC Retextures above should i skip that section entirely and continue at "Skin And Body" with "RUSTIC CHILDREN" ?

Is there somewhere I can look to find a guide on the NPC Rextures - Core, NPC Retextures - Optional Installation, and Skin and Body sections of the integration guide? 

I am trying this build out from scratch, and am getting pretty confused during that section. 

A couple examples: 

I can't find Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul on the SRLE base guide or the LotD guide.
Inhabitants of skyrim is there twice. 
EDIT: Also, (and I might just be blind and/or dumb) the SRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retutures Core - Conflict Resolution esp has NPC Retextures Merged - Core as a master and I can't find a merge section on either guide. 

Should I skip the portion of the integrated guide labeled NPC Retextures - Core, and Begin with the optional installation?

Also, with skin and body, are Better males and Skysight skins compatible with the "NPC - Retextures - Optional installation" section right out of the box as described in the Core guide and LotD guide? 

Usually I go with a more simplistic setup for my NPCs and characters, so it is one of the few modding areas out there that baffle me along the way. 

Hopefully this was a coherent enough description of the issues I am having with this portion of the guide. Thanks. 

Edited by Thenatural

Is there somewhere I can look to find a guide on the NPC Rextures - Core, NPC Retextures - Optional Installation, and Skin and Body sections of the integration guide? 

I am trying this build out from scratch, and am getting pretty confused during that section. 

A couple examples: 

I can't find Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul on the SRLE base guide or the LotD guide.

Inhabitants of skyrim is there twice. 

EDIT: Also, (and I might just be blind and/or dumb) the SRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retutures Core - Conflict Resolution esp has NPC Retextures Merged - Core as a master and I can't find a merge section on either guide. 

Should I skip the portion of the integrated guide labeled NPC Retextures - Core, and Begin with the optional installation?

Also, with skin and body, are Better males and Skysight skins compatible with the "NPC - Retextures - Optional installation" section right out of the box as described in the Core guide and LotD guide? 

Usually I go with a more simplistic setup for my NPCs and characters, so it is one of the few modding areas out there that baffle me along the way. 

Hopefully this was a coherent enough description of the issues I am having with this portion of the guide. Thanks. 

OK yes the NPC Retextures can be a little confusing a needs a bit more work on the explanation (maybe core and optional are not the best descriptions for these).

So it all depends on what you want if you want and how you want the the NPC's to look. I you want them more Vanilla then use ONLY the core mods and do the NPC Retextures Merged - Core further down and guide yourself.

If you want them to look all fancy skip the CORE mods altogether and ONLY Install the optional mods and use the provided NPC Retextures Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD.

I will have think about how to better describe this section of the guide.

Edited by Darth_mathias

OK yes the NPC Retextures can be a little confusing a needs a bit more work on the explanation (maybe core and optional are not the best descriptions for these).

So it all depends on what you want if you want and how you want the the NPC's to look. I you want them more Vanilla then use ONLY the core mods and do the NPC Retextures Merged - Core further down and guide yourself.

If you want them to look all fancy skip the CORE mods altogether and ONLY do the optional using the provided NPC Retextures Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD.

I will have think about how to better describe this section of the guide.

Awesome! Thanks. 

Also, it appears Makeovers by Mizzog - The Companions has been taken down in the last 24 hours, does this mean that the entire merged patch is going to have to be made on our side now, making the merges and such a bit more complicated? 

EDIT: Or will everything still work even though the ESP is rolled into the merged LOTD?

Edited by Thenatural

Awesome! Thanks. 

Also, it appears Makeovers by Mizzog - The Companions has been taken down in the last 24 hours, does this mean that the entire merged patch is going to have to be made on our side now, making the merges and such a bit more complicated? 

well that's a pain in the arse it means currently the Male Companions will be broken with the provided Merge patch and the retexture CR. So yes you will have to do that merge yourself for now when it become available again in will get a new version out.