SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

It is confusing when you say "do not install the following" and then you list the esps. When installing with MO, and following those directions, I would click manual, and unclick the esp so as to "not install it." So your instructions should read, Post installation: Move esp to it's own folder or something.

where it says do not install it we actualy mean this. All the esps that you remove are in the Custom Placed Trees Megapatch... that's why we remove the others because we don't want you to merge the wrong esps.

Is the Skyrim.ini setting: iMinGrassSize to 75 for SFO on Steroids, correct?

Edit: Never mind, just confirmed that on SFO page

yes

ok thank you,,,, damn my left side is a mess to say the least

does this list https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Integration_guide

go from 1 to (last number) top to bottom.

or is there another list where i can see what order i sould have my left side as ??

Canadus

yes that is the actual order in the left pane

where it says do not install it we actualy mean this. All the esps that you remove are in the Custom Placed Trees Megapatch... that's why we remove the others because we don't want you to merge the wrong esps.

yes

yes that is the actual order in the left pane

ok thanks.... looks like i have some hours work sorting this out :P

Canadus

Good evening,

Having slight troubles removing plugins from the premade Conflict Resolution. Following these steps:

Use this method to create dummies of plugins you wish to remove from the premade Conflcit Resolution.

1. Load Wrye Bash click on the CR and select File->Create dummy esps (this will create fake esps for what you are missing and place them into the overwrite folder).
  2. Load TES5edit with only SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp Selected wait until backgound loader has finished.
  3. Right click on SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp and check for errors.
  4. Remove the records that are broken from SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp (they will show after checking for errors).
  5. Save and Exit.
  6. Load SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp again in TES5Edit and then clean masters once done save and exit.
  7. Remove Fake plugins fron the overwrite folder.

Once I reach step three, nothing appears broken  after checking for errors, and thus cannot remove anything. The plugins in question that I am missing are ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite (only using ENBoost), The Forgotten City (no need to further experience), and Sofia (.....).

What may I be missing?

Edited by BlkJeff

Good evening,

Having slight troubles removing plugins from the premade Conflict Resolution. Following these steps:

Use this method to create dummies of plugins you wish to remove from the premade Conflcit Resolution.

• Load Wrye Bash click on the CR and select File->Create dummy esps (this will create fake esps for what you are missing and place them into the overwrite folder).
  • Load TES5edit with only SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp Selected wait until backgound loader has finished.
  • Right click on SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp and check for errors.
  • Remove the records that are broken from SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp (they will show after checking for errors).
  • Save and Exit.
  • Load SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp again in TES5Edit and then clean masters once done save and exit.
  • Remove Fake plugins fron the overwrite folder.
Once I reach step three, nothing appears broken after checking for errors, and thus cannot remove anything. The plugins in question that I am missing are ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite (only using ENBoost), The Forgotten City (no need to further experience), and Sofia (.....).

What may I be missing?

I may need to use these steps to remove a mod or two dependent on SRLE EXT CR.

Where did you found those instructions? Are they reliable?

Edited by edynacio

Yes. Make sure you also go through Cr guide and remove/override into personal Cr patch every record added. There will normally be several records in addition to the ones actually requiring the master. Not dealing with those can lead to insidious bugs and strangeness.

Thanks

I'm getting some odd crashes in what is pretty much a basic SRLEX LOTD build before all the new landscape changes.  (I've added Memory Blocks Log, SafeAutoSave, QuickLoot, and a few followers).  Specifically, after starting in Solitude and puttering around a bit (getting 55-60 fps and only one CTD), I've grabbed a couple of followers, headed down to Dragon Bridge, and as soon as I entered the inn, I got a CTD, with Crash Fixes saying it failed to allocate enough memory.

I'm suspecting that the cause of this is a bad interaction between the SRLE instructions for setting Crash Fixes to use UseOSAllocators=1, while the SRLEX:LotD guide says to set the SKSE.ini to DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024, the way I always did before Crash Fixes existed.   Looking at MemoryBlocksLog, Skyrim simply isn't using it's old blocks - the biggest number I see is '85', rather than the constantly growing numbers I used to see - and if CrashFixes is using malloc rather than the old memory block pool, this is unsurprising.

However, as I understand it, the DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 line is *allocating* a full 1 gig of memory, which is not being used by Skyrim, and is thus unavailable to useOSAllocators=1.  And given that Skyrim is 32 bit with a 4Gig limit, I'm suspecting this is the source of my out-of-memory CTD.

So, could someone with a deeper understanding of these issues than me - or, who just has a working system - please tell me what setting to use so i *don't* run out of memory?  Are you guys using CrashFixes memory allocs, or the old SKSE heap?   I'm gonna experiment on my own, but I'd appreciate a discussion of this matter, and I suspect others would, too.

this is quote from Hishutup when we were actually discussing this a few days ago:

"Well, to understand why, lets compare

Mem tweaks

• workaround
  • Requires some input(size)
  • No allocation problems
  • History shows its safe

CF

• Actual fix
  • Has and allocation "bug" because its restricted to a 32 bit process
  • moderate performance boost
  • Little history but I trust it

CF custom blocks

• Workaround for a fix
  • May still have allocation problems but I doubt it

Original issue: When heap1 fills up, code deadlocks, cant reallocate a bigger block and crashes.

Skse mem tweaks issue: When heap1 fills up, code doesn't allow it to expand and crashes

CF issue: When heap1 fills up, code allocates a larger block first, moves the contents and frees the old block. If there isnt a big enough block, it crashes

CF custom blocks issue: when the blocks fill up, memory swaps and can't load any more info but does not crash.

Any positives that CF offers is minute because it has a similar "bug". Im not stuck in the past like the people(idiots) that still use the 4GB patch on skyrim but I just don't see any positive benefit. Its just easier to type the number into skse for my approximate requirement, usually 768 but with some tests with DDL, 1024.

By the way this is grossly simplified as I am ignorant of the details. The specifics for block sizes don't matter all that much, even skse and ENBoost, as long as it +-25% you should be fine. For telling others, its easier to just say "Paste this file in X directory"; setting up can be confusing for some which I kind of understand as it is busy but still."

Edited by Darth_mathias

this is quote from Hishutup when we were actually discussing this a few days ago:

"Well, to understand why, lets compare

Mem tweaks

• workaround
  • No allocation problems
  • History shows its safe

CF

• Actual fix
  • Has and allocation "bug" because its restricted to a 32 bit process
  • moderate performance boost

CF custom blocks

• Workaround for a fix
  • May still have allocation problems but I doubt it

Original issue: When heap1 fills up, code deadlocks, cant reallocate a bigger block and crashes.

Skse mem tweaks issue: When heap1 fills up, code doesn't allow it to expand and crashes

CF issue: When heap1 fills up, code allocates a larger block first, moves the contents and frees the old block. If there isnt a big enough block, it crashes

CF custom blocks issue: when the blocks fill up, memory swaps and can't load any more info but does not crash.

Any positives that CF offers is minute because it has a similar "bug". Im not stuck in the past like the people(idiots) that still use the 4GB patch on skyrim but I just don't see any positive benefit. Its just easier to type the number into skse for my approximate requirement, usually 768 but with some tests with DDL, 1024.

By the way this is grossly simplified as I am ignorant of the details. The specifics for block sizes don't matter all that much, even skse and ENBoost, as long as it +-25% you should be fine. For telling others, its easier to just say "Paste this file in X directory"; setting up can be confusing for some which I kind of understand as it is busy but still."

I should stress this is my opinion and is lacking several crucial details to the actual operation and reason.

These are things that I have observed will little to no actual analytical testing, mostly observations(my focus was elsewhere)

If I have some sort of misunderstanding, please share.