SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Oh and on merging 3DNPC patches... the 'Alternative Locations' patch does have some navmesh records in it but they aren't conflicted with the other patches as far as I can see.  In fact the only area of overlap I could find was an NPC 'Jade'... Don't know a ton about merging though, maybe there's something I'm missing? 

*Just tested, did the merge fine no errors, checking now in xEdit and as far as I can tell it looks good?  Again I know next to nothing about navmesh, and only the basics of merging...

the fact that the esp had Navmeshes was what put me off trying a 3DNPC Merge. like you I know nothing about navmeshes and didn't want to risk it.

guys any idea what might be causing this https://imgur.com/TN6JU09, it takes about 5-6 sec to load.

i am using verdant grass mod could it be the reason ?

GPU Load is heavy you may need to tweak things also Enhanced Landscape I believe has a Verdant patch which you will also need.

Going through the conflicts still unchanged with the patches, found another 1 I want to ask if we need to fix?

000162BB Atlas Legendary and Soljund's Sinkhole

00016385 Atlas Legendary and Whistling mine

0002D4E0 Atlas Legendary and Inigo

000278DD Atlas Legendary and Inigo

02000BB5 Atlas Legendary and MLU

been looking at these not 100% sure what to do with Soljund's Sinkhole and Whistling mine but we could load after Skyrim coin replacer but the fact that Neo didn't conflict resolve or add a loot rule means there not game breaking.

For caution, rebuilt merge without the Alternative Locations.esp, still seems worth it to me.  Installed 3DNPC+Dawngaurd Meshes+Hearthfire patch to one folder, Alternative Locations patch to another, and the rest of the patches (EFF, CCOR+LVL Lists+Follower Perk Addon) to another, merged and replaced.  Bueno?

GPU Load is heavy you may need to tweak things also Enhanced Landscape I believe has a Verdant patch which you will also need.

Yup tweaking iMinGrassSize did help although it still happens but less frequently and now take only about 1-2 sec to load, i think  i am gonna reinstall dyndolod with the medium settings and see if that eliminates the problem.

As for the patch i checked the installer i only found a grass plugin which i assume is what you were talking about since verdant has the same name and i am afraid it is not a patch it is an add-on that overhaul grass and is not compatible with any other grass overhaul i gave it a try though and it does give an fps boost but does't look cool as verdant do so i will stick to verdant and try my luck with dydolod.

Yup tweaking iMinGrassSize did help although it still happens but less frequently and now take only about 1-2 sec to load, i think  i am gonna reinstall dyndolod with the medium settings and see if that eliminates the problem.

As for the patch i checked the installer i only found a grass plugin which i assume is what you were talking about since verdant has the same name and i am afraid it is not a patch it is an add-on that overhaul grass and is not compatible with any other grass overhaul i gave it a try though and it does give an fps boost but does't look cool as verdant do so i will stick to verdant and try my luck with dydolod.

Have you followed the recommended settings for Verdant in the OP:

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15

iMinGrassSize=70 (increase to 80 or 90 for slight performance gain, hardly noticeable in my opinion)

This won't resolve your trees/EL issue BTW, just make Verdant look as beautiful as it should be!

Edited by dunc001

Lexy I have an nvidia card,  I tried your settings but I didn't notice change, it's like some hard drops coming randomly, should be bottleneck as hishutup said, I have an 1080 but an old 2500k slightly OC-ed, but I'll change in a few months.

I removed solitude exterior.esp and noticed a gain to 30 fps to that specific area(around books of skyrim building)

Edited by Monobloc

well after a test and bit of a mistake when generating fresh BethINI I forgot to enable Vsync in the syyrim.ini file and low and behold fps shoot back up in Falkreath turing it back on it shoot back down to 30fps.

Edit : Ok so turning off Vsync in the Skyrim.ini file and turning off the enblocl.ini file and forcing it on in the driver using NvidiaInspector yields 50fps in Falkreath at the signpost so I think I have finally figured it out by mistake.

Edit 2: Vsync on the skyrim.ini and Enblocal.ini and NvidiaInspector set to appication controls yields 30fps.

so by the looks of it something odd is going with ENB sync.

Also forcing VSync on through the driver seem to smoothed out fps a bit more for Enhanced Landscapes.

could some people do this to confirm my findings.

That's what I've been using :

I've Disabled vsync on both skyrim.ini and enblocal.ini and forced it through NVIDIA_Inspector. I also have limited my fps to 58.6 on NVIDIA_Inspector.

That's the configuration that plays smoother for me.

That's what I've been using :

I've Disabled vsync on both skyrim.ini and enblocal.ini and forced it through NVIDIA_Inspector. I also have limited my fps to 58.6 on NVIDIA_Inspector.

That's the configuration that plays smoother for me.

Nice to know the setting that Lexy played around with yesterday will likely become my recommendation for the guide. just need to decided where it would be best to place it.

First of all a huge thanks to Darth, Lexy, and Paul for the great guide, and Neovalen for SRLE. Your work is greatly appreciated.

I've currently reached level 20 with my archer+1h/shield ranger using LOTD so here's some of my personal notes on combat.

My only change to base LOTD that affects combat is that I'm using Wildcat injuries instead Vigor. Vigors injury system is just too much of a hassle in the long run for my tastes. I still have Vigor installed, but mostly only because I got bored maintaining my own CR patches. (You're updating too often :P)

On the overall I like the current combat balance. Fights tend to be short and brutal where things die quickly and being aggressive is often key to victory. I only lament the fact that I tried to do a primary archer, but it's mostly only effective in starting a fight by sniping one or two key targets and then it's all melee or die.

Mages tend to be the most dangerous generic opponent on the field. There's an old RPG saying "Geek the mage first", and it's currently very much true in LOTD. On the other hand, I tried the early game as a destruction mage, and as long as there's enough mana you're just as effective machine of destruction as the NPC mages. I'm considering on continuing leveling that character next to my ranger to see how they compare in the longer run.

Another highly dangerous common opponent is a pack of wolves. They surround and perma stagger you unless you have followers to fight them off when you're helpless.

On followers, I tend to keep Toccata with me at all times. Her heals have saved my bacon on several occasions although I can't rely on them too much because death can come so quickly that she might not heal you fast enough. Plus she's basically a bottomless bag of holding for all the stuff I need to haul to get the gallery filled with exhibits :)

I like Minerva, but like other mages in LOTD she just nukes everything so I only take her along when I really want the firepower. Sofia was initially funny and a more balanced companion, but I got tired of her banter relatively quickly.

It was mentioned few pages back that trolls have way too high level. Didn't check if they were already nerfed, but my 15-20 level character soloed both regular trolls and frost trolls easily enough. Somewhat challenging but not something I would call difficult.

I didn't find vampires difficult at all even at level 8 even though most of my levels at that point were from fast leveling smithing so my combat skills weren't really up to snuff (only just above 20 or so). As long you have a silver weapon and/or fire magic you're good to go. Can't say the same about the civilians though. So far Solitude's been attacked by vampires with their hounds three times, and every time the body count has been high. The vampires seem to target the civies initially so they don't have time to flee to safety and die before you come to rescue them since the guards are somewhat helpless against them.

Here's a couple of easy ways to get a silver weapon in the early game:

- Get steel smithing and relieve some noble houses of their silverware that you can melt into silver ingots. My go to places in Whiterun are Battle-Born manor, the Jarl's quarters in the palace, and the Companions Circle members quarters (werewolves using silver utensils?). Those places net you easily more silver bars than you will ever need unless you're going to use silver arrows regularly.

- If you start filling the dragonborn gallery with exhibits right from the start; one of the early rewards you get is Thornblade (at 50 displayed items). It's a good enchanted silver sword with infinite charges. My ranger has been using it as his primary melee weapon since around level 4-6. The only caveat currently is that it is missing material keyword; along with large number of other the Legacy of Dragonborn weapons; so Bring your Silver and AAE won't recognize it correctly as a silver weapon unless you fix that manually in a patch.

Planning to try the first dragon fight after I get off work so I might post at later point how that went. After that probably onto leveling my mage character to a similar point to see how it will handle the dragon.

Edited by howlingc

been looking at these not 100% sure what to do with Soljund's Sinkhole and Whistling mine but we could load after Skyrim coin replacer but the fact that Neo didn't conflict resolve or add a loot rule means there not game breaking.

The thing is I asked in srle base topic, and there it was said that Atlas load last. Maybe cause of legacy and some of the changes we made the load order is totally difrent.

@Howlingc yes that for your vaulable input at least I know things are pretty stable for you to get to level 20

I have also message Sirjesto regarding Thornblade Keyword issue hopefully he will be able to do something about.

Edit just spotted this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/? maybe usual to protect those NPC's from Dying to quickly.

Edited by Darth_mathias

@Howlingc yes that for your vaulable input at least I know things are pretty stable for you to get to level 20

I have also message Sirjesto regarding Thornblade Keyword issue hopefully he will be able to do something about.

Edit just spotted this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/? maybe usual to protect those NPC's from Dying to quickly.

I have been playing too. Im level 18 and i find combat pretty good too. Not really a fan of the stagger lock tho. But coming from requiem i dont find combat super hard at all. I am playing as a mage. Seen pages back someone said leveling was slow.....i am using all recommended settings and havent had any issues leveling. I do some power gaming tho buying training and abusing my horse lol. Again just used to requiem...and requiems leveling IS super super slow. 

I do however get many crashes during intense combat scenes indoors and outdoors. But i think its a memory issue on my end. I am guessing the intense combat scenes overload my memory (windows 10 and 970). Will need to test with SPM.

Overall the mod list is very nice. More fun than requiem but definitely easier. I just ran through bleak falls without breaking a sweat. My issue with requiem was it was too much of a grind. Claims to be a role playing overhaul but actually forces you to do a lot of power gaming or else you will get slaughtered. Also really limits where you can go. 

I also dont like the college days mod. Too much missing dialogue. And standing there getting EXP watching people cast spells in college of witherhold seems kinda cheap and cheating ish lol. I know that isnt college days tho. If there is one mod i wouldnt mind being removed its definitely college days. 

Performance wise i rarely dip below 30......falkreath im always 30-40. Solitude i am all over the place 30-50 depending on where i am. 

Majority of outdoor locations outside of citys im capped at my cap of 55. 

Its good overall just wish i could reduce the very annoying crashes during combat. 

I have been playing too. Im level 18 and i find combat pretty good too. Not really a fan of the stagger lock tho. But coming from requiem i dont find combat super hard at all. I am playing as a mage. Seen pages back someone said leveling was slow.....i am using all recommended settings and havent had any issues leveling. I do some power gaming tho buying training and abusing my horse lol. Again just used to requiem...and requiems leveling IS super super slow. 

I do however get many crashes during intense combat scenes indoors and outdoors. But i think its a memory issue on my end. I am guessing the intense combat scenes overload my memory (windows 10 and 970). Will need to test with SPM.

Overall the mod list is very nice. More fun than requiem but definitely easier. I just ran through bleak falls without breaking a sweat. My issue with requiem was it was too much of a grind. Claims to be a role playing overhaul but actually forces you to do a lot of power gaming or else you will get slaughtered. Also really limits where you can go. 

I also dont like the college days mod. Too much missing dialogue. And standing there getting EXP watching people cast spells in college of witherhold seems kinda cheap and cheating ish lol. I know that isnt college days tho. If there is one mod i wouldnt mind being removed its definitely college days. 

Performance wise i rarely dip below 30......falkreath im always 30-40. Solitude i am all over the place 30-50 depending on where i am. 

Majority of outdoor locations outside of citys im capped at my cap of 55. 

Its good overall just wish i could reduce the very annoying crashes during combat. 

yes I have been hearing the the performance especially on windows 10 with the VRAM cap is too much I am on Windows 7 so I don't or hasn't notice too much but I am working on it. I have suggested texture reduction from certain SRLE base mods.

I may change the ENB to what i don't know I Personally use the Performance Version.

I have been debating dropping College Days for a while now that is mostly there to slow down college quest line progression.

I would be happy to swap college days for Not So Fast - Mage Guild by CDCooley https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64633/?

Falkreath i think is an area that is performance heavy not much I can do other then changing EVT (which i don't really want to do).

Edited by Darth_mathias