SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Please dont remove skytest. Animal tweaks is awful. 

I think the selection of mods is pretty good. I am coming to this from requiem....and its kind of comparable to requiem in difficulty. Requiems dragons are insanely strong too..dragons are end game content and supposed to be extremely strong creatures that skyrim needs a hero to save.

I actually even like scarcity which i wasnt sure of at first. 

In requiem even as a level 25 mage dragons still destroyed me. And i mean i could barely put a dent in them. You can never please everyone. 

Yeah, the way I see it, for a single hero to defeat a dragon of any kind, they would need to be incredibly powerful.  Like higher than level 20 powerful for sure.  That's why adventuring with 2-3 followers on a higher difficulty game is pretty challenging and a little more "realistic" IMO.

I like AT much better than SkyTEST personally. It does make animals flee though, it seems to a lesser extent. I can always find them right nearby, snarling at me.

The variants. Usually a pack of wolves will look roughly the same, with differences being in small details. The variation added by SkyTEST makes them all a mish mash of types of wolves, which doesn't make any sense and looks awful.

Looking at the DCO page right now it does seem to have some worthwhile features. I may switch personally to either DCO+DD or DCO+EMDR. The Miraak bug makes me uncomfortable though. Also seems like the best way to handle it would be to just let those mods overwrite AAE. My two cents.

I have an issue, I killed a guard so i had a bounty but he was also the last witness.

But now every guard of falkreath attack me on sight and when i sheath my weapons they don't arrest me, it's like nothing happened.

Edit : also sometimes i see horses flying around, even tho v-sync is enabled. 

Edited by Monobloc

I like AT much better than SkyTEST personally. It does make animals flee though, it seems to a lesser extent. I can always find them right nearby, snarling at me.

The variants. Usually a pack of wolves will look roughly the same, with differences being in small details. The variation added by SkyTEST makes them all a mish mash of types of wolves, which doesn't make any sense and looks awful.

Looking at the DCO page right now it does seem to have some worthwhile features. I may switch personally to either DCO+DD or DCO+EMDR. The Miraak bug makes me uncomfortable though. Also seems like the best way to handle it would be to just let those mods overwrite AAE. My two cents.

I'd also personally be inclined to let DCO and DD overwrite AAE, let the specific Dragon mods win out on the dragonborn stuff. Specifically relating to levels I think is where AAE has it wrong in this case, and there's also the troll issue to point to that suggests AAE might be heavy handed in its blanket approach.

I'd also personally be inclined to let DCO and DD overwrite AAE, let the specific Dragon mods win out on the dragonborn stuff. Specifically relating to levels I think is where AAE has it wrong in this case, and there's also the troll issue to point to that suggests AAE might be heavy handed in its blanket approach.

I sent Darth a modified AAE Patches Merged file about a half hour ago to test that deals with the Dragon and Trolls issue.

Yeah, the way I see it, for a single hero to defeat a dragon of any kind, they would need to be incredibly powerful.  Like higher than level 20 powerful for sure.  That's why adventuring with 2-3 followers on a higher difficulty game is pretty challenging and a little more "realistic" IMO.

I agree and I personally like having dragons represent a significant challenge even if it means delaying main quest progress a bit.  The fact that we have additional follower mods makes me want to use 2 or 3 followers as well, but that means the difficulty should be a bit higher or else it is a cakewalk with them.  I like the idea of having AAE handle the other creatures while having the specific dragon overhauls handle the dragons.  I haven't yet finished building the pack yet so I can't comment on how these mods actually play out.

Please dont remove skytest. Animal tweaks is awful. 

I think the selection of mods is pretty good. I am coming to this from requiem....and its kind of comparable to requiem in difficulty. Requiems dragons are insanely strong too..dragons are end game content and supposed to be extremely strong creatures that skyrim needs a hero to save.

I actually even like scarcity which i wasnt sure of at first. 

In requiem even as a level 25 mage dragons still destroyed me. And i mean i could barely put a dent in them. You can never please everyone. 

Not necessarily suggesting we remove SkyTEST just was curious if AnimalTweaks had the same behavior.  What leads you to say AnimalTweaks is awful btw?

Side note - hats off to you two (Darth and Lexy) for creating and maintaining such an awesome guide on top of an already great SRLE base.  (And of course, to everyone else who is supporting and maintaining the guide).  Ever since I heard about Legacy, I have wanted to build it on top of SRLE and your guide has 99% of everything I had wanted to include!  So thanks!  It's amazing that you two can keep up with the guide at all with having twins.  When I first had my son, he knocked me out of commission for months, and that was only 1 kid!!

Hey Everyone

Just curious if i can use skyrim HD 2K instead of Noble skyrim because i see noble skyrim as really clean and polished buildings and want a more rough and scar like buildings and what parallax should i use with HD 2K.

Also should i follow the setting in the mod watch page about darth's skyrim ini & pref settings or not?

Hey Everyone

Just curious if i can use skyrim HD 2K instead of Noble skyrim because i see noble skyrim as really clean and polished buildings and want a more rough and scar like buildings and what parallax should i use with HD 2K.

Also should i follow the setting in the mod watch page about darth's skyrim ini & pref settings or not?

This terrain parallax was made specifically for HD 2k

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64856/?

ok thanks for your ansver..

so if i just removed disparity,,, what would i loose ?? i am not really sure what i adds.. "when making custom bould with 0 points set? ?

cheers

canadus

Disparity adds a bunch of options that make races and genders (including NPCs) behave differently in game.  If you don't want this, and you are using Imperious or another race overhaul, and since it appears you are not really using Disparity classes, then I don't think you'll be missing anything if you remove Disparity.

Right need some feedback from you guys/Ladies what do you actually want from Dragons fights cos at the moment most of you are not overly happy with the current selection of mods?

Currently AAE is winning and dragon template level are thus:

Weakened dragon - 50

Forest Dragon - 60

Frost Dragon - 70

Elder Dragon 80

Ancient Dragon - 90

Alduin - 120 - 140

Currently, my dragon build is DD+DCO+Diverse Dragons (I don't use AAE largely because of the BYS conflict), but I have yet to fight dragons.  Too much time modding and tinkering with settings!  ;-)  My last dragon fight was with DD+EMDR+DCO, and I LOVED it.  I was playing a Nord knight build with heavy armor and enchanted ebony battleaxe.  Most of the dragon fights were between levels 17-30.  Some of the weaker dragons were dispatched fairly quickly (at Ivarstead I had help from followers and guards).  But one memorable Elder Dragon fight lasted about 30 minutes (about level 30 on Adept difficulty).  It was epic!  The dragon kept calling invisible flame atronoch reinforcements.  When I finally dispatched it, it was seriously a feeling of accomplishment.

Hey Paul... 0006F453 has typo Thieves Guide rather than Thieves Guild.  Someone using ctrl-f to find references would miss it.

0006F453 DialogueGenericUniqueVoices

Conflict Resolution: Use record from NPC Knockout Overhaul.esp then move the DNAM - General from Thieves Guide Requirements.esp.
Problem Resolved: Changes from NPC Knockout Overhaul and Thieves Guide Requirements - No Auto Quest Start needed to be merged.