SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I AM DONE! W0o0o0o. God I thought I would never finish these mod lists. Phew, hard for a noobie, but I definitely got a good feel for all the programs and types of mods out there.

Just tested to make sure there were no CTDs or initial issues. Game seems to run without issue and smoothly.

1.) KSHairdo seems to be messed up now, pink hair without much detail. I merged it into the "Faces Merged" but it I see now the folder is only 370+MB while KSHairdos by itself is several GBs.

Per the guide it says to deactivate after merge (the original) as all the files are included in the merge, is this an exception? Or have I been doing these merges wrong?

Because if I was only supposed to be removing the .ESPs and keeping the textures in the original mods on the left-pane, I may need to redo TEXGEN/WORLDGEN too, no?! :(

The joy of modding. Something new always seems to go wrong...

So I merged the RSCHildren patches, and renamed to RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp.  .... and now, no matter what I do, that file remains unchecked in my plugins. I check and uncheck and recheck the plugin, added it, deleted and re-added to the left pane... no matter what I do, after I select it, it gets unselected somehow.

Any ideas?

@Nebulous: I swear I followed the pictures. But I am sleep deprived. Let's assume I was a dork and did not do this.

Can I just go into the mods and copy those files into the merge folder? You don't happen to know what does and does not qualify as a general asset do you? I'd have to make sure I wasn't copying extra things is all.

I'm in bed now though... Really... Haha, have a great day peeps!

For the textures and meshes folder I know you can because it is just textures and meshes unless it is a script. Done it a couple of times for missing textures or meshes for the merge plugins.

there both from from Skytest Integration Project - Creature Extension

That's odd, I just load the Skytest Integration Project - Creature Extension and then opened xEdit it don't show up anything for that records as well. What do I miss huh.

are you sure you made the Animals Merged as in the guide with all the esps ?

edit: it's from one of the skytest esps in the merge.

Checked and double checked it, no differences in mine and the guide merge lists. I'll try redownloading all of the mods for Animals Merged again I guess

Fixed the missing packages, looks like there are a new version for the SkyTest USLEEP and SkyTest Creature Extension for August 8, must have missed that.

Just a suggestion maybe the version of the special installation can be added?

Edited by reddvilzz

so i still have a copy of MyWarmaidens and i merged it into darth's downloadable NPC Retex Merge and everything seems fine, until it rains and this happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aew1vqfh9mhci75/Screenshot10993.bmp?dl=0

anyone know how to fix?

also, while not gam breaking, im pretty sure that these plates arent supposed to be this big. unsure what would be causing it though

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyy6merz95zkwxb/ScreenShot19.bmp?dl=0

Edited by NordPride_WorldWide

@Nebulous: I swear I followed the pictures. But I am sleep deprived. Let's assume I was a dork and did not do this.

Can I just go into the mods and copy those files into the merge folder? You don't happen to know what does and does not qualify as a general asset do you? I'd have to make sure I wasn't copying extra things is all.

I'm in bed now though... Really... Haha, have a great day peeps!

you can do that yes

I've done some testing on this as well. Here are the issues that need to be considered:

Part of the class definitions is to reallocate skills to distinguish one class from another and from vanilla. There are 3 options available to do this in Diversity: Starting Skill (alters the base skill points), Fortify Skill (does not alter the base, but adds a fortification) and XP Rate (alters the rate at which class skills are learned). In addition, two combinations are available: Starting Skill + XP Rate and Fortify Skill + XP Rate. These same options are available to determine how your race's skills affect your character.

Starting Skill: when this is selected the base skill points are adjusted. One side effect of this is that the buffed skill is harder to level up because it's starting at a higher level. This can lead to the awkward position that it is easier to level up your character by using non-class skills (the ones your character should not be using) because they will increase much more easily especially when they start at a mere 5 skill points. Additionally, it would reduce the capacity of a character to level because of the reduced opportunities to level up skills (going from 35 to 100 instead of 15 to 100). This may (should) be overcome the uncapper settings allowing level progression for skill gain over 100, though I'm unclear on whether the uncapper actually allows this.

Fortify Skill: When choosing fortify skill by itself for the class selection (but not the race selection), all skills will start at 15 skill points like Vanilla (not considering the race skill modifications). In theory, the Fortify Skill overcomes the problems presented by Starting Skill by allowing faster levelling (because the actual skill level starts at 15, or 5 if you choose fortify skill + xp rate) and more opportunity for level advancement. In my recent test, however, this did not seem to improve the skill progression issue. I chose an altmer mage (fortify + xp rate class choice; xp rate race choice) using only flame and healing spells (no weapons or armor), and after killing about 12 wolves, 6 horkers, 2 goats, 2 draugr, and a chicken, all with flame, I still have not levelled up my destruction (or restoration) skill even once (though it's close to levelling), but I did level up speech 4 times just from selling loot. Additionally, Fortify skill has its own issues. The fortification is not considered when determining eligibility for perks, for example. And my mage was unable to enter the College of Winterhold because he lacked the requisite magic skill level (5 base + 20 fortify where 25 skill level in any school is required).

XP rate: Each class has a specialization (Magic, Combat, or Stealth) which will give the character a 20% boost to learning skills associated with that specialization. But when choosing XP rate (or one of its combinations) this buff is reduced to 5% for specialization skills. This is to compensate for the XP rate bonuse applied to the class's skills. The XP rate selection becomes particularly important for classes that do not heavily concentrate in a single specialization (like Spellsword). For example, with XP rate (or a combo) selected, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 5% faster (because of specialization), Destruction 25% faster (class skill + specialization) and One-Handed 20% faster (class skill). Without XP rate, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 20% faster (specialization), Destruction 20% faster (specialization), and One-Handed at the normal rate (no specialization).

For gameplay purposes (maximizing levelling rate and levelling cap) the best selections are probably XP rate only for both class and race.

For roleplay purposes, XP Rate is important for class selection to help balance cross specialization classes. And I'd argue that Starting Skill makes the most sense for class selection for role play purposes over Fortify Skill because a class represents knowledge your character is starting with. For classes, Disparity is essentially reallocating the Vanilla 15-skill-points-across-all-skills into the skills in which your character has "actually" trained. Since it does not appear that Fortify Skill offers much benefit over Starting Skill (and Fortify Skill presents its own difficulties), I can't recommend it at this time. For race selection, IMHO, the race skills represent merely predisposition or facility with a particular skill not knowledge and/or experience in a particular skill. From a roleplay perspective, this lends itself best to an XP rate only setting. Using XP Rate only for race selection has the added gameplay benefit of not compounding the problems presented by using Starting Skill in the Class selection.

TLDR: Starting Skill + XP Rate for Classes; XP Rate only for Races.

Thanks for this. Since i didn't had time to test this so complex like you i will trust you and set these.

@Nebulous112

I think I figured out the KSHairdos issue. Everytime this guide has me install a hotfix, I make it a second mod/entry in the left pane underneath the original. It appears that the merged mod contains the KSHairdos hotfix meshes but not the ones from the original mod.

So while this may be okay, the original guide or this one may be helped if they better indicate when you MUST overwrite the original mod for the sake of it being merged later on in the guide (as opposed to just overwriting with a new one below it on the left pane)

Cheers!