SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Looks like it is my turn now to get the no main menu problem on start. Just updated the LOTD Patches and the CR for version 1.13, recreate Bashed Patch, ASIS and DSR. Any idea what's causing it?

i don't know... i never experienced it. Sometime it takes longer the menu to appear but always did.

@twiztedmongoloid

I can't believe Windows 10 limits you to 4GB VRAM. Surely Nvidia and other are aware of this? They are starting to ramp up the 6GB cards to 8GB now. But half of it is technically useless! How silly :( I hope I can finish the guide today and actually start playing. So excited. Hope you have a blast! Definitely agree it is an excellent and well-updated mod.

@paul666root

Roger that, I removed it permanently along with that Bijin AIO file that I believe was also late merged. Thank-you good sir. As far as Skyrim Flora Overhaul, and Holidays...do you think either of those will truly negatively affect my play experience? I do notice less FPS with this guide than the base guide but am not sure where the true culprit lies, hehe. Have a 980TI/SSD.

SFO has a big impact on FPS that's it... no big deal if you want to use it. Also holidays was removed for script lag reduction... but you can use that too if you do not experience any of it.

Edited by paul666root

My XPMSE stopped working... I have no MCM menu for the styles and in the debug section, it says "XPSME Skeleton : 0.00000". I really have no clue wtf is happening here, I didn't touch anything.

EDIT : Ok fixed it by deleting conflicting meshes from the Miscellaneous Merge - they all came from Db_Realistic Ragdoll.

Db_Realistic Ragdoll needs to be before XPSME, and the Misc Merge is placed towards the end... You should maybe add some infos about that.

Edited by wisethug

My XPMSE stopped working... I have no MCM menu for the styles and in the debug section, it says "XPSME Skeleton : 0.00000". I really have no clue wtf is happening here, I didn't touch anything.

EDIT : Ok fixed it by deleting conflicting meshes from the Miscellaneous Merge - they all came from Db_Realistic Ragdoll.

Db_Realistic Ragdoll needs to be before XPSME, and the Misc Merge is placed towards the end... You should maybe add some infos about that.

it is actually place before XPSME in the Left pane now that was change a few weeks ago.

Left pane placement:

• Directly After Realistic Ragdolls and Force.
Edited by Darth_mathias

@twiztedmongoloid

I can't believe Windows 10 limits you to 4GB VRAM. Surely Nvidia and other are aware of this? They are starting to ramp up the 6GB cards to 8GB now. But half of it is technically useless! How silly :( I hope I can finish the guide today and actually start playing. So excited. Hope you have a blast! Definitely agree it is an excellent and well-updated mod.

@paul666root

Roger that, I removed it permanently along with that Bijin AIO file that I believe was also late merged. Thank-you good sir. As far as Skyrim Flora Overhaul, and Holidays...do you think either of those will truly negatively affect my play experience? I do notice less FPS with this guide than the base guide but am not sure where the true culprit lies, hehe. Have a 980TI/SSD.

They know about it. Since DX9 is a thing of the past its not high on their priority list. Aside from a heavily modded skyrim no DX9 games really use more than 4. 

I really prefer skyrim flora overhaul over enhanced vanilla trees. I actually seem to be getting about the same type of performance hit. I went EVT just for the sake of following the guide exactly. Maybe im wrong but EVT might even be more of a performance hit. 

Definitely should have removed NPC knockout overhaul too......

Edited by twiztedmongoloid

So I found what's causing the main menu won't show up, I used the check error on xEdit for the CR and found this records with error cannot be resolved

00023ABF <EncWolfIce>

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from AAE Patches Merged.esp then move Packages from Animals Merged.esp.
  • Problem Resolved Changes Animals Merged and AAE Patches needed to be merged.

00023AB4 <EncMammothWild>

• Conflict Resolution: Use record from AAE Patches Merged.esp then move Packages from Animals Merged.esp.

I tried finding the packages from my animals merged.esp they aren't there for the packages, redid the merge the result is the same. What records are they from?

Edit: double checked the version of each files and they matched the guide but there are no records related to animals merged for these 2.

Edited by reddvilzz

So I found what's causing the main menu won't show up, I used the check error on xEdit for the CR and found this records with error cannot be resolved

00023ABF

00023AB4

I tried finding the packages from my animals merged.esp they aren't there for the packages, redid the merge the result is the same. What records are they from?

Edit: double checked the version of each files and they matched the guide but there are no records related to animals merged for these 2.

there both from from Skytest Integration Project - Creature Extension

OK I will consider you recommendation. (Paul if you have sometime and willing to test these options out I'd like to hear your conclusion too) plus anyone else that want to chime in.

EMDR was dropped cos everyone moaned how difficult dragons were plus i didn't want Deadly Dragons + DCO + Diverse Dragons + EMDR that would of been insane. I would be happy to consider dropping DCO for EMDR if enough people would prefer it that way.

I don't think Skytest DLC Creature extension actually covers every animal yet unless i missed an update.

I've done some testing on this as well.  Here are the issues that need to be considered:

Part of the class definitions is to reallocate skills to distinguish one class from another and from vanilla.  There are 3 options available to do this in Disparity: Starting Skill (alters the base skill points), Fortify Skill (does not alter the base, but adds a fortification) and XP Rate (alters the rate at which class skills are learned).  In addition, two combinations are available: Starting Skill + XP Rate and Fortify Skill + XP Rate.  These same options are available to determine how your race's skills affect your character.

Starting Skill: when this is selected the base skill points are adjusted.  One side effect of this is that the buffed skill is harder to level up because it's starting at a higher level.  This can lead to the awkward position that it is easier to level up your character by using non-class skills (the ones your character should not be using) because they will increase much more easily especially when they start at a mere 5 skill points.  Additionally, it would reduce the capacity of a character to level because of the reduced opportunities to level up skills (going from 35 to 100 instead of 15 to 100).  This may (should) be overcome the uncapper settings allowing level progression for skill gain over 100, though I'm unclear on whether the uncapper actually allows this.

Fortify Skill: When choosing fortify skill by itself for the class selection (but not the race selection), all skills will start at 15 skill points like Vanilla (not considering the race skill modifications).  In theory, the Fortify Skill overcomes the problems presented by Starting Skill by allowing faster levelling (because the actual skill level starts at 15, or 5 if you choose fortify skill + xp rate) and more opportunity for level advancement.  In my recent test, however, this did not seem to improve the skill progression issue.  I chose an altmer mage (fortify + xp rate class choice; xp rate race choice) using only flame and healing spells (no weapons or armor), and after killing about 12 wolves, 6 horkers, 2 goats, 2 draugr, and a chicken, all with flame, I still have not levelled up my destruction (or restoration) skill even once (though it's close to levelling), but I did level up speech 4 times just from selling loot.  Additionally, Fortify skill has its own issues.  The fortification is not considered when determining eligibility for perks, for example.  And my mage was unable to enter the College of Winterhold because he lacked the requisite magic skill level (5 base + 20 fortify where 25 skill level in any school is required).

XP rate: Each class has a specialization (Magic, Combat, or Stealth) which will give the character a 20% boost to learning skills associated with that specialization.  But when choosing XP rate (or one of its combinations) this buff is reduced to 5% for specialization skills.  This is to compensate for the XP rate bonuse applied to the class's skills.  The XP rate selection becomes particularly important for classes that do not heavily concentrate in a single specialization (like Spellsword).  For example, with XP rate (or a combo) selected, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 5% faster (because of specialization), Destruction 25% faster (class skill + specialization) and One-Handed 20% faster (class skill).  Without XP rate, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 20% faster (specialization), Destruction 20% faster (specialization), and One-Handed at the normal rate (no specialization).

For gameplay purposes (maximizing levelling rate and levelling cap) the best selections are probably XP rate only for both class and race.

For roleplay purposes, XP Rate is important for class selection to help balance cross specialization classes. And I'd argue that Starting Skill makes the most sense for class selection for role play purposes over Fortify Skill because a class represents knowledge your character is starting with.  For classes, Disparity is essentially reallocating the Vanilla 15-skill-points-across-all-skills into the skills in which your character has "actually" trained.  Since it does not appear that Fortify Skill offers much benefit over Starting Skill (and Fortify Skill presents its own difficulties), I can't recommend it at this time.  For race selection, IMHO, the race skills represent merely predisposition or facility with a particular skill not knowledge and/or experience in a particular skill.  From a roleplay perspective, this lends itself best to an XP rate only setting.  Using XP Rate only for race selection has the added gameplay benefit of not compounding the problems presented by using Starting Skill in the Class selection.

TLDR: Starting Skill + XP Rate for Classes; XP Rate only for Races.

Edited by Thalioden

because I didn't want the Textures and Meshes folders from the mod to be sucked into the merge which would happen if merged normally.

You can turn off copy general assets off, I toggle this for different merges.

Also, as I was playing around with it, if there are multiple esps with the same name in different mod folders, MP doesnt seem to copy the assets of the latter mod folder

I've done some testing on this as well.  Here are the issues that need to be considered:

Part of the class definitions is to reallocate skills to distinguish one class from another and from vanilla.  There are 3 options available to do this in Diversity: Starting Skill (alters the base skill points), Fortify Skill (does not alter the base, but adds a fortification) and XP Rate (alters the rate at which class skills are learned).  In addition, two combinations are available: Starting Skill + XP Rate and Fortify Skill + XP Rate.  These same options are available to determine how your race's skills affect your character.

Starting Skill: when this is selected the base skill points are adjusted.  One side effect of this is that the buffed skill is harder to level up because it's starting at a higher level.  This can lead to the awkward position that it is easier to level up your character by using non-class skills (the ones your character should not be using) because they will increase much more easily especially when they start at a mere 5 skill points.  Additionally, it would reduce the capacity of a character to level because of the reduced opportunities to level up skills (going from 35 to 100 instead of 15 to 100).  This may (should) be overcome the uncapper settings allowing level progression for skill gain over 100, though I'm unclear on whether the uncapper actually allows this.

Fortify Skill: When choosing fortify skill by itself for the class selection (but not the race selection), all skills will start at 15 skill points like Vanilla (not considering the race skill modifications).  In theory, the Fortify Skill overcomes the problems presented by Starting Skill by allowing faster levelling (because the actual skill level starts at 15, or 5 if you choose fortify skill + xp rate) and more opportunity for level advancement.  In my recent test, however, this did not seem to improve the skill progression issue.  I chose an altmer mage (fortify + xp rate class choice; xp rate race choice) using only flame and healing spells (no weapons or armor), and after killing about 12 wolves, 6 horkers, 2 goats, 2 draugr, and a chicken, all with flame, I still have not levelled up my destruction (or restoration) skill even once (though it's close to levelling), but I did level up speech 4 times just from selling loot.  Additionally, Fortify skill has its own issues.  The fortification is not considered when determining eligibility for perks, for example.  And my mage was unable to enter the College of Winterhold because he lacked the requisite magic skill level (5 base + 20 fortify where 25 skill level in any school is required).

XP rate: Each class has a specialization (Magic, Combat, or Stealth) which will give the character a 20% boost to learning skills associated with that specialization.  But when choosing XP rate (or one of its combinations) this buff is reduced to 5% for specialization skills.  This is to compensate for the XP rate bonuse applied to the class's skills.  The XP rate selection becomes particularly important for classes that do not heavily concentrate in a single specialization (like Spellsword).  For example, with XP rate (or a combo) selected, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 5% faster (because of specialization), Destruction 25% faster (class skill + specialization) and One-Handed 20% faster (class skill).  Without XP rate, the Spellsword will learn Conjuration 20% faster (specialization), Destruction 20% faster (specialization), and One-Handed at the normal rate (no specialization).

For gameplay purposes (maximizing levelling rate and levelling cap) the best selections are probably XP rate only for both class and race.

For roleplay purposes, XP Rate is important for class selection to help balance cross specialization classes. And I'd argue that Starting Skill makes the most sense for class selection for role play purposes over Fortify Skill because a class represents knowledge your character is starting with.  For classes, Disparity is essentially reallocating the Vanilla 15-skill-points-across-all-skills into the skills in which your character has "actually" trained.  Since it does not appear that Fortify Skill offers much benefit over Starting Skill (and Fortify Skill presents its own difficulties), I can't recommend it at this time.  For race selection, IMHO, the race skills represent merely predisposition or facility with a particular skill not knowledge and/or experience in a particular skill.  From a roleplay perspective, this lends itself best to an XP rate only setting.  Using XP Rate only for race selection has the added gameplay benefit of not compounding the problems presented by using Starting Skill in the Class selection.

TLDR: Starting Skill + XP Rate for Classes; XP Rate only for Races.

thanks for your testing as you know me and Darth have no time to actually play test at the moment.

but basically it boils down to how you want to play the game.

You can turn off copy general assets off, I toggle this for different merges.

Also, as I was playing around with it, if there are multiple esps with the same name in different mod folders, MP doesnt seem to copy the assets of the latter mod folder

he know that he just too lazy to do it that way :dry:  but this is how i create the merge i don't want textures and meshes sucked into it.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Hello, 

Thanks for the help sofar. 

I have added two things to the guide, SFO and the grass plugin for enhanced landscapes. 

- The grassplugin I added to the enhanced landscapes merge. Would that give me any trouble with the CR

- Does anyone know if I have to change the CR for SFO. Because i have no idea how? 

- Should SFO be higher in the left pane then enhanced landscapes? And what about the plugins? 

Thanks in advance