Dyndolod which files?

Bircangelo

Question

First of all a very BIG THANK YOU to creator of this guide and the step family!

Now on to my question : I am using the guide right now and im stuck at one small but HUGE detail because of my idiocy so please help?

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition#Dynamic_Distant_Objects_LOD_-_DynDOLOD

When i get on to nexus link provided i really cant tell which files i need to install?I mean theres Dyndolod 1.49 , 2.07 beta and resources 2.07 beta...

I know it is a very stupid question and i would deffinetly won't mind insults towards my intellect but please help?

6 answers to this question

If you are using Neo's guide and he doesn't mention something, you don't need it. I have no experience with SR:LE Extended, but I imagine it is the same.

If you are adding mods besides what is listed in either guide, then check out what the DynDOLOD patches are and if you need them. When you download the v2.07 Beta there will be a manual included. Look there.

If you look at the link you provided to the DynDOLOD section in the SR:LE guide, check where it says version.

It states:

Version: 2.07 BETA (Main File + Resources Located In Optional Files)

This means you need to download the v2.07 BETA main file and the v2.07 BETA Resources file.

thats WHY im confused because there are no MAIN beta files : there is dyndolod 1.49 MAIN FILE , there is dyndolod 2.07 beta in the OPTIONAL panel and there is dyndolod resources 2.07 beta....

so wait ok i think im starting to understand my idiocy but i want to be sure : is it suggesting that i should IGNORE the dyndolod 1.49 main file?

Edit : Because it says REQUIRED near the beta files so my stupid brain thought maybe they are required for the MAIN 1.49 file...

Edited by Bircangelo

:) Sheson right now has the older 1.49 main file up as the current stable version ( which includes all of its resources and patches in one main file )

But right now Sheson wants to push testing of the new version, and has called it beta for experienced users testing purposes

The beta will eventually become the Main files

Also look at it from Shesons view, nexus site does not provide any file section labels for Development / Testing / Beta

So to keep the Old stable Main file up, she has left it in the Main file section

The new Beta setup ( which does not require the 1.49 main file ) is all in the Optional files

So if you are using the new beta setup you need :

DynDOLOD 2.07 BETA - This is the new main file

DynDOLOD Resources 2.07 BETA - Required for 2.07 Beta

DynDOLOD Patches 2.00 BETA - You only need this if you use any of the mods this provides patches for

If you want to stay with the old setup, all you need is :

DynDOLOD 1.49 - ( Main files + Resources + Patches all in one file )

----------

Sheson does put a link in the description of the beta files which says read the BETA post

Oh i see thanks so much for the clearification alternity!and thank you as well nebulous!

However now im left with another question...sorry

In the skyrim revisited legendary edition guide 'dyndolod patches 2.0' is not mentioned but we are installing the mods that those patches are for (e.g. SMIM) at least thats what it says in its nexus site!

BUT in the BETA post only Revamped Assets Skyrim is mentioned in 'some assembly' required...

So to make it simple for anyone reading this as a follower of the neovalens guide and going to be follower of the darth mathias' SRLE Extended , do i NEED the beta patches file for any mods included in them?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.