So everything checks out, but I don't think Real Vision ENB is working.

CxxProphet

Question

This is my first time installing an ENB for Skyrim, I meticulously followed all the instructions on the beginners guide for ENB and EMaC. I had installed RV launcher through my Data folder in my Skyrim directory and it said that it's been successfully installed and when I launch SKSE, the top left is telling me that I currently have the ENB_Series 0.279 and the like.

Also made sure it was activated with EMaC. I had also installed all the other mods that were recommended to look like the screen shots provided for Real Vision but my game doesn't look quite like it.

When I was reading up on the ENB guide telling you how to set up EMaC, it said to create a file in ENB Manager called "Versions" along with "Preset" and inside the Versions folder to create the file for the version of ENB being used. But in the beginners guide, it had you set up an ENB Manager file with "Versions" and inside it a file called "xxx" for the version of ENB being used. In that folder I have the latest ENB which is 306 or 307, whichever it is. Is it possible that I'm using the wrong d3d9 and enbhost files that are possibly from the latest version instead of the 279 version? Do I just delete the latest version and save the 279 version in that file instead? I have it set up just like the beginners guide with the ENB Manager folder inside the "Skyrim Utilities" Folder.

So far all the graphical mods I installed are working fine though I ran into a problem with DynDOLOD. Is the other possibility that Real Vision is in fact running and I just can't tell because I don't have DynDOLOD?

Here's a screen shot of what my Skyrim Utilities folder is looking like. In the "ENB Versions" Folder it just has the d3d9 and enbhost files while the "Versions" Folder has the original ENB I had downloaded from the beginners guide for setting up MO, Wrye Bash, LOOT, etc.

Then the "Working Directory" Folder has the "Presets" and once again another "Versions" Folder, in the Presets I just have Skylight. In the "Versions" folder, I have the Wrapper Version of Real Vision in there. The guide for setting up EMaC said to do this so I did.

I get the feeling that these are conflicting with each other, but I was just doing what i was told by the guides. I've spent the past 15 hours getting everything required to set up Skyrim for modding, most if was getting Real Vision set up.

The only other thing I can come up with is that everything is working fine but I have to do another clean install, though with all the hours I've sunk into this I forgot how to do that, did run LOOT several times and none of the files need to be cleaned. I've been switching between doing this and doing my finals. The game still looks incredible with all those mods I installed on the Real Vision page, it's just missing the Real Vision part I guess.

post-9269-0-68518900-1462063484_thumb.png

Edited by CxxProphet

10 answers to this question

Why are you use an ENB manager? ENBs are simple to install. Just copy and paste the files into the Skyrim folder. That's all those managers are doing. No need for to have a program to do that.

Please tech, when you want to look at 10's of ENBs to see what style you like the most. A manager is the only way to go, especially one that can apply customized uniform enblocal values.

I tried a lot of ENBs(~50) only a handful(~6) are ones that I'd even consider after doing my own analysis

Why are you use an ENB manager? ENBs are simple to install. Just copy and paste the files into the Skyrim folder. That's all those managers are doing. No need for to have a program to do that.

Again, I was just doing what the beginners guide and EMaC guides told me to do. I'm not familiar with how ENBs are installed and such because this is the first time I'm using one. I've caught on quick on how to install mods, but ENBs are what's giving me trouble, and yes in my Data folder in my Skyrim directory I have the RealVision_ENB_files installed and an EMaC profile that's been set up for Real Vision, but I don't know if I had put in the wrong files needed to activate them or if I put in the wrong d3d9 and enbhost files from another version for the ENB Config or if it's something else.

Had also disabled my AA and AF settings in my Nvidia Control Panel and still didn't see a difference since it said that AA and AF conflict with ENBs.

Was also wondering if DynDOLOD has possibly anything to do with it or if that's just meant for distance rendering.

post-9269-0-05706400-1462090621_thumb.png

Edited by CxxProphet

DynDOLOD wouldn't have anything to do with it, but if you have the files in the Data folder...that is wrong. The ENB files go in the Skyrim folder.

It wouldn't let me install the RV.exe unless it was in the Data folder, do I just put the files into the main Skyrim folder then?

The ENB files, yes. Any files that Real Vision includes that are assets (textures, meshes, etc) gets installed with your mod manager. If you're using MO, you shouldn't be putting things directly into the data folder. This is why I dislike Real Vision. The author makes something simple more complicated by adding a custom installer which often causes issue. I've probably troubleshooted that installer more than any ENB.

You mean that bars at the top and bottom? From the FAQs:

"There are black bars on the top and bottom of my screen"
You did that. You checked the box for letterbox effect when you ran the installer. If you don't want it, download the optional letterbox effect disabled file.

Oh ok, thought it was meant to have a cinematic effect.

And one last thing. Before Real Vision actually started working, all the previous recommended files I had downloaded, specifically the CoT, CoT weather patches and ELFX, night time was fine and so was the rain, but aftrer RV nighttime is just pitch black, even reinstalled CoT and adjusted nightime to default but still pitch black and the rain in particular had some pretty nice effects before RV was working, now after RV began to work, the rain storms pretty much makes my entire screen a blur and the rain drops are very blocky, impossible to see. Does nothing to my fps though, unchecked Supreme Storms and the other weather related mods from the RV Rec list in MO, but the blocky over blurred rain storm effects are still there.

Edited by CxxProphet