Deferred Rendering turning ENB features off

Ilteatrhunter

Question

Hello everyone,

I am having a conundrum since, with Deferred Rendering off, it practically won't activate the ENB features, the most prominent examples are no DoF underwater and no color adjustment outdoors, with the effect that all characters outdoors appear to be pallid and smooth as dolls. On the other hand, if I turn it on, Skyrim will cod as soon as I load a save or start a new game.

I am currently working with the latest version of ENBoost, 0.305 and these are my presets:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=2
PriorityMode=3
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift

Please tell me if you need something else.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Deffered rendering is required for almost any "real" ENB effects.

This is what tell your drivers "hey, wait a millisecond, don't render the frame yet, instead apply those effect before".

Turning this off is only useful when using a fake ENB with only shadow-fix and parallax on (and maybe some other stuff, haven't tested all of them) and use an other post-processing method (sweetFX) or no additional post-processing.

If you crash just by turning this on, either some of the methods used in your enbseries are missing associated effect files (wrong installation), or your PC just can't handle them.

Edit : btw, I think such "fake ENB" would be a good addition for STEP core, having only the shadow-fix ON in enbseries.ini cost virtually 0 FPS and still fix the shitty skyrim shadows).

Edited by Kesta

As per guide, it enables/disables screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO), Image Based Lighting, Reflections, Particle Lights, and Skylighting.

I'm actually using Vividian Vanilla Enb with deferred rendered turned off, not because fps impact, but because I can't stand post-processed anti-aliasing.

I think such "fake ENB" would be a good addition for STEP core, having only the shadow-fix ON in enbseries.ini cost virtually 0 FPS and still fix the shitty skyrim shadows).

I, like Kesta, also think that an ENB with deferred rendered turned off could be a nice addition to STEP (vanilla shadows are awful, almost should be considered as a bug) Vividian Vanilla ENB with deferred render off looks really nice and close to vanilla.

But since STEP is considering Vivid Weathers, probably a deferred rendered version of Vivid Weathers ENB can be considered too.
Edited by Hackfield

First of all, thank you for your replies!

So, I forgot to mention, I am also using RealVision and an Nvidia GXT 960M. I have been able to play with RealVision previously but it is also true that I haven't played in about a year and have recently re-installed everything. 

On that note, I did try reinstalling ENBoost, I might try again with that and RealVision both, if not, I think you are suggesting that it might just me my computer that cannot handle the performance anymore and I might be better not using an ENB?

First of all, thank you for your replies!

So, I forgot to mention, I am also using RealVision and an Nvidia GXT 960M. I have been able to play with RealVision previously but it is also true that I haven't played in about a year and have recently re-installed everything. 

On that note, I did try reinstalling ENBoost, I might try again with that and RealVision both, if not, I think you are suggesting that it might just me my computer that cannot handle the performance anymore and I might be better not using an ENB?

Sorry, I missed the part where if you turn it on you CTD. I thought that you wanted it off but with DoF or something.

did you try with

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0

?

So, I actually uninstalled the ENBs and ENBoost and reinstalling Climates of Tamriel (since the problems are only external) to see if things would go back to normal and no, Skyrim outdoors still seemed to have no contrast whatsoever and excessive luminosity, and water had no DoF. At this point I'm thinking that I might have screwed up something during the initial installation process with the settings that is also screwing up ENBoost working. But given that my knowledge of how computers work is very, very limited... any ideas? Other than reinstalling everything.