New Rig, Windows 10 Enb Vram Question

TehKaoZ

Question

Hello All!

I just got a new rig (see sig for specs) and I recently found out that windows 10 has this odd issue where it caps enboost usage at 4 gigs? Based on my research it looks like I would need to duel boot windows 7 (ugh) if I wanted to use my card past that amount but I would like to pose the following question. How likely is it for someone to actually need more than 4 gb of Vram? I am running mostly 2k with a few 4k thrown in but I would prefer to not need to dual boot if I can (but of course I want a pretty Skyrim).

Also do enb effects use additional Vram?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I tired to consume as much VRAM as possible and I didnt notice any stutter. 

Its a dumb issue but I would almost consider it a nonissue at this point.

Any new games wont have the issue because its specific to dx9, by my understanding.

The only recommendation I can make is to turn ReservedMemorySizeMb= to its lowest value(64) since it consumes VRAM and I havent been able to determine if there is an actual difference from min/max.

You shouldn't need to dual boot at all, I run 2k landscape textures, 4k body and 8k skins with DynDOLOD at high with a 3GB card on Windows 10 and I don't hit my 4064 limit, I do drop to 30 fps sometimes though, I don't think the limit is actually a problem unless you plan on running 8k eveyrthing.