SRLE Extended String Count Testing

Great resoucre, however I noticed that it includes a lot of mods that have nothing to do with Papyrus or Scripts, like Noble Skyrim and No Snow Under the Roof. From the OP and the post on the nexus, I thought that this string issue was to do with scripts and papyrus, not textures and meshes, so wondering why the inclusion of those?

I'm only compiling the data I could find, I tried to not include mods that didn't have anything other then textures but I may have missed some. Like I mention on the spreadsheet itself there is evidence that string count can vary by at the very least a factor of 80 from second to second, so the numbers (especially the smaller ones) are very much estimated. I haven't been at the place with my desktop demi-god so until I'm there I can't do any testing myself, and can only try to compile info other people collect.

If someone wants to point out all the ones on the list that are texture/mesh replacers only (no esp at all/dummy esp) I'd be happy to remove those mods from the list. I certainly won't pretend to being all knowing in that regard, and I've definitely probably made a few mistakes!

Mistakes or not its a great resource to have. Better you have it and make mistakes then it not get done at all for the sake of trying to get it right the first time. Hell, if we waited on only the people who could do it perfectly we wouldn't have half the info about Skyrim and mods that we do now :)

Mods with no scripts (row number is listed first for you). Including all mods that are only meshes, textures, SKSE plugin or an esp. Esp ones are marked with a * as I don't know for certain they don't affect this, however all threads I've seen on the matter have said its purely a papyrus, and therefore a scripting, issue:

79 - Book Covers Skyrim* (it has a 204 value on the list and I'd like to know why that is however), 97 - No Snow Under The Roof*, 126 -Molag Bal's Inferno LOD Billboards

Also small note about your comment for Atlas Map Markers MCM, it also includes bug fixes, which I'm asking Kryptopyr about how to get just them, but for now people should have it even with the enhanced string weight

Nazenn I looked at the mods you've listed above these results are likely from my own SRLE Extended Testing I have been doing. I wanted to prove to myself in my own mind the texture and meshes don't affect this issue and it doesnb't so from mnow on i will only be testing mods with scripts in my SRLE Extended guide.

Edit: Further testing done and my own spreadsheet has been updated. still got 50 40 or so mods to test but I am getting there lol.

Edited by Darth_mathias

79 - Book Covers Skyrim* (it has a 204 value on the list and I'd like to know why that is however), 97 - No Snow Under The Roof*, 126 -Molag Bal's Inferno LOD Billboards < funny, 132 - Diverse Guards*, 160 - No Streching, 167 - Enhanced Lights and FX*, 176 - Wyrmstooth Tweaks and Enhancements* , 179 - NARC*, 181 - SMIM, 182 - Compass Mod, 188 - Horns are Forever, 190 - Realistic Water Two*, 196 - Wisemans Critter Fixes, 199 - One Tweak, 201 - Noble Skyrim, 203 - Ruffled Feather, 205 - Enchantment Reload Fix, 207 - Skyrim Project Optimization

Also small note about your comment for Atlas Map Markers MCM, it also includes bug fixes, which I'm asking Kryptopyr about how to get just them, but for now people should have it even with the enhanced string weight

Removed the mesh/texture only mods you listed, and put in notes on the ones that include esps. Also changed the note on the Atlas Map Marker mods.

Edit: Further testing done and my own spreadsheet has been updated. still got 50 40 or so mods to test but I am getting there lol.

You are awesome, I'll go check out your update list asap.

I have my own to cut list.

- Atlas Map Marker MCM

- Molag Bal Inferno - (Install when I am ready to play it) ~1000 Strings

- Moonpath - (Install when I am ready to play it)

- Forgotten city - (Install when I am ready to play it) ~ 600 Strings

- Alternate Start - Not install with actual playthrough. Convenience for testing.

- Helgen Reborn - Great mod, but does it worth 1300 Strings?

- Mirai, Hoth, Sofia, Arissa

- Bathing in skyrim

- Better Vampires / Moonlight Tales - Depend on character that I will play

- Morskom

This should save ~5000-6000 strings.

I have several more on waiting to be cut list.

Edited by darkside

Are people not getting overly worried about this string count now? If you have checked once and are around 50000 shouldn't you be just fine or does it oscillate with such an amplitude that you're still in the danger zone?

Strings seem to oscillate as you play but I do think some people are getting to worked up and obsessed about it. So far i've not had any issues playing with a full SRLE Extended setup I've not had any save game corruption. I do however think if your hitting over 60,000 at the beginning of a fresh save then you might have issues.

My advice would be to not go over board adding too many script heavy mods on top of SRLE Extended.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

Are people not getting overly worried about this string count now? If you have checked once and are around 50000 shouldn't you be just fine or does it oscillate with such an amplitude that you're still in the danger zone?

I look at it like this, people have been running these mods together for years and true save corruption is still somewhat rare, and we don't have any documentation by how much the string count increases. Yes its a good idea to not go and install every 4k string mod in each game, but if you've been running these mods together for years and not had an issue, you probably don't need to worry about it all that much for now

I am not overly concerned. I just try to trim out the fat from my load order. I plan to do this anyway. This should help with performance as well. I had corrupt save once with SRLE + REGS + MMO in my long playthrough (6 months ago). It was over modding from my part. I would say 50,000 may be save in a long playthrough. Edited by darkside

Has anyone tested an world addons after they've begun playing them/completed them?  I was on the fence about Molag Bal's Inferno which was posted by Darth and EpitomeofShyness at just under 1000 but now I see a duplicate of it on Epitome's list at 2700!  That's quite a difference.

Has anyone tested an world addons after they've begun playing them/completed them?  I was on the fence about Molag Bal's Inferno which was posted by Darth and EpitomeofShyness at just under 1000 but now I see a duplicate of it on Epitome's list at 2700!  That's quite a difference.

I'll have to check it out, I haven't had time to keep up with the edits people are adding in (school) but once the weekend comes I will be working on getting the list back in shape.

Sorry for the double post, but I've updated the Spreadsheet I made. Its no longer at its original location, but instead at the first like I provided which includes links to all the forum threads discussing this issue as well as other speadsheets. I have set it up so that by using the Outline feature in google docs people can easily located various categories and compare and contrast the string counts of mods of similar types. The previous spreadsheet has been locked and anyone who wants to add in new data should do so on the Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HY4b4L3tJuYPxJazEc8XeF-q3WXI11u76hlKKleQel8/edit?usp=sharing

• +1 1

Sorry for the double post, but I've updated the Spreadsheet I made. Its no longer at its original location, but instead at the first like I provided which includes links to all the forum threads discussing this issue as well as other speadsheets. I have set it up so that by using the Outline feature in google docs people can easily located various categories and compare and contrast the string counts of mods of similar types. The previous spreadsheet has been locked and anyone who wants to add in new data should do so on the Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HY4b4L3tJuYPxJazEc8XeF-q3WXI11u76hlKKleQel8/edit?usp=sharing

thanks much for this. i really hope some fix can be had for this devastating issue. could this be addressed through SKSE maybe? or skyui