SRLE Extended String Count Testing

Whetstone Thans for you work (could you make available the spreedsheet you use to create and I will this myself with a full SRLE Extended no added mods)

Dyndolod - we always knew was a heavy hitter

interesting NPC was knew was a heavy hitter

i guessed Morkem Estate would be heavy hitter

a surprising heavy hitter is Immersive Armors.

I am curious to know what and impact Riverside lodge be full built.

Arm with this info there and now canidates for the chop.

the choice seems to between the quest mods and the extra NPC's

first 2 mod to definalty go is Morkem Estate and Loot and Degradation.

Edited by Darth_mathias

This is where disscuion of SRLE Extended String Count Testing will take place

Without Alternate start Live another Live installed

-Start a new game

-Wait for everything to initialize

-Start any mod that begins disabled

- wait for the cart ride to finish

-Save game

with Alternate start Live another Live installed

The test parameters for each mod were:

-Start a new game

-Wait for everything to initialize

-Start any mod that begins disabled

-Use the statue > camping in the woods

-Wait for the dragon to go over the horizon

-Save game.

I will be testing out a pure SRLE Extended Build. The results will not be 100% accurate but at least it should give an idea.

Program I am using for find the string count is TESV ESS Files Editor by fubrus - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27119/?

Edited by Darth_mathias

My first save with SRLE + SRLE ext was 54558 (Without enhanced landscapes, dyndolod, skyrim flora overhaul)

first save in the world outside the prison was 54298

and save 91 (level 5 - explored a little, few quests and had followers) was 54288 

so to me decreased after a while.... 

Edited by paul666root

Whetstone Thans for you work (could you make available the spreedsheet you use to create and I will this myself with a full SRLE Extended no added mods)

Dyndolod - we always knew was a heavy hitter

interesting NPC was knew was a heavy hitter

i guessed Morkem Estate would be heavy hitter

a surprising heavy hitter is Immersive Armors.

I am curious to know what and impact Riverside lodge be full built.

Arm with this info there and now canidates for the chop.

the choice seems to between the quest mods and the extra NPC's

first 2 mod to definalty go is Morkem Estate and Loot and Degradation.

Jus as I start an install :)

although I'm curious.  Have people actually been able to play the pack in it's currenty form for a long time without a problem?  Yes I had a problem back in January but the pack is vastly different now.  Are people actually SEEING issues with the current setup or are people panicking and removing the mods with no evidence they cause an issue but because they have a high number?

I'll add this here since a new discussion has started:

although I'm curious.  Have people actually been able to play the pack in it's currenty form for a long time without a problem?  Yes I had a problem back in January but the pack is vastly different now.  Are people actually SEEING issues with the current setup or are people panicking and removing the mods with no evidence they cause an issue but because they have a high number

I'll add this here since a new discussion has started:

although I'm curious.  Have people actually been able to play the pack in it's currenty form for a long time without a problem?  Yes I had a problem back in January but the pack is vastly different now.  Are people actually SEEING issues with the current setup or are people panicking and removing the mods with no evidence they cause an issue but because they have a high number

I am trying to actually play without much success not cos of save game coruption, but more people keep bring these sort thing of my attention (which is good for overall long term stability of the guide). I've actually not been able to get past level 6 in months.

all I am planning on doing at this stage to baseline the string count for SRLE Extended nothing more.

So nothing added or removed until I have my own results.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Ouch.. this seems extreme.. And might hold me off from playing SR:LE Extended, as I 'NEED' Legacy of the Dragonborn (everything else is of lesser importance to me as I just love that mod) and LotD adds around 4000 strings. What can I say.. I love that kind of playstyle.. have to skimp on other things then... Perhaps I should give Fear and Loathing in New Vegas a go before returning to Skyrim.. hopefully all the kinks would have been worked out by then.

Ouch.. this seems extreme.. And might hold me off from playing SR:LE Extended, as I 'NEED' Legacy of the Dragonborn (everything else is of lesser importance to me as I just love that mod) and LotD adds around 4000 strings. What can I say.. I love that kind of playstyle.. have to skimp on other things then... Perhaps I should give Fear and Loathing in New Vegas a go before returning to Skyrim.. hopefully all the kinks would have been worked out by then.

you'll need to a custom install of both SRLE and Extended anyway for LoTD as some mods from both are included in LoTD anyway. You'll also have to do your conflcit resolution.

Personally i would use the texture changes from SRLE Extened then build from there.

Edited by Darth_mathias

good advice Darth_mathias. I'm guessing I have to do SR:LE install (minus the survival immersion stuff and stuff that LoTD adds) and then do the SR:LE Extended install (minus the previous mentioned items) and then do the LotD install...

...and then the conflict resolutions - which I would have to relearn as it's been over a year since I last played with xEdit etc. Sounds daunting :)

good advice Darth_mathias. I'm guessing I have to do SR:LE install (minus the survival immersion stuff and stuff that LoTD adds) and then do the SR:LE Extended install (minus the previous mentioned items) and then do the LotD install...

...and then the conflict resolutions - which I would have to relearn as it's been over a year since I last played with xEdit etc. Sounds daunting :)

personally LoTD should be the first mod (other then SKSE, ENBoost and USLEEP) you install then use that as your base to build from.

The DynDOLOD update looks really promising. My tests:

Updating existing save

59153: 1.47
55394: 1.48 beta

-3759 strings

New game
59071: 1.47
55350: 1.48 beta

-3721 strings

interest looks like it might be a good idea to add this to the guide now.

I'm so glad this has been brought to you guy's attention.  Honestly every modder and user should be doing this.  That way people will realized that Skyrim is more than just modding, its a personal experience that has to be taking care of cautiously since its a 32-bit version.  :)

I rather mod Skyrim than Dragon Age series any day, speaking from experience *cringeworthy frustrated face*

I've just been doing some experimenting with looking at string counts after installing/removing mods, and here is a table of my results:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b9vzvQmn5GVMd5azUy9XHis0-7uN96Xlt_nS013awiI/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the entries confirm numbers reported by others, but a few are of mods I haven't seen reports on, such as Vilja and some Jxonz utilties.   These numbers should be regarded as absolute minimums for the given mods, as literally all I did was install/remove a mod, restart the game, then make a save after all the scripts were done firing, so all I'm seeing are the static string counts.

Some important results:

1.  Vilja uses > 1300 strings, more than any other voiced follower.  While she's not in a standard SRLE Extended build, I expect a lot of people add her, but she should be first on the chopping block if you've nearing your string limit.

2.  The core SexLab framework does not appear to be as string-heavy as some posts have suggested; I see an increase of < 400 strings when it's installed.  And since that's the only part of SexLab one needs to run Amorous Adventures (which uses about the same), it appears that once can install and run a 'lite' SexLab loadout using under 800 strings.   However, keep in mind that I didn't actually run any of the animations; more testing is needed to see what the dynamic string usage will be.

3.  Despite the high string usage of Legacy of the Dragonborn (~3500) and Annas NPCS (~1700), it appears that they *can* be installed together, along with most of SRLE Extended and quite a few other nice NPC and quest mods (Inconsequential NPCs, Moon and Star, Summerset Isle, MLU) and still stay well under the 64K string limit.   To achieve this, I had to chop Holidays, Morskom, and Moonpath to Elsweyr (which is in LotD anyway) from my load order, which I don't regard as a significant price to pay.  This is the build that I'm trying to create, and I'll post updates on it's stability once I get it up and running.

-- Galen