SRLE Extended String Count Testing

Very helpful info. Just wated through those 20 pages of thread text... interesting stuff. Explains a few things from previous builds CTDs and should save some headache on this one. I was pruning some of my load order anyway... this has activated the "take no quarter" side of my paring knife and I am going for bone...

To try to understand how the string count grows/fluctuates over time I am going to attempt to maintain a log of my most recent attempt at a play through (at least until the next shiny new mod forces me to restart again)

Be warned my play style is pretty slow paced and sometimes includes more updating and maintenance than actual playing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dM4-f9Cys2GBafb77qhj_nEFr7Iy6Yt6jiwtB_hizcA/pubhtml

yes thanks you Whetstone this will be very useful anmd aid in further research of this subejct.

on a related note I was able to establish a base line before I had to head of to my Mum and Dad's for the weekend but didn't get time to upload it, I will upload this tomorrow when I am at home tomorrow afternoon/evening.

My string count (if someone has this setup and wants to know)

SRLE + SRLE ext ( minus: DynDOLOD, Footprints, Burn freeze shock effects, Holidays, Frostfall, iNeed, Bathing in Skyrim - from SRLE base and minus Enhanced Landscapes, Hoth, Arrisa, Sofia, Loot and Degradation, Pumping Iron - from SRLE ext )

Started New Game

Abandoned prison (without scripts loaded) - 51078

Abandoned prison (with scripts loaded and all MCM settings) - 50773

Selected camping in the woods (dragon passed) - 50891

Completed Helgen cave - Ran to Whiterun - 51296

Entered Bleak falls temple - 50947

Edited by paul666root

My string count (if someone has this setup and wants to know)

SRLE + SRLE ext ( minus: DynDOLOD, Footprints, Burn freeze shock effects, Holidays, Frostfall, iNeed, Bathing in Skyrim - from SRLE base and minus Enhanced Landscapes, Hoth, Arrisa, Sofia, Loot and Degradation, Pumping Iron - from SRLE ext )

Started New Game

Abandoned prison (without scripts loaded) - 51078

Abandoned prison (with scripts loaded and all MCM settings) - 50773

Selected camping in the woods (dragon passed) - 50891

Completed Helgen cave - Ran to Whiterun - 51296

Entered Bleak falls temple - 50947

I have a very similar cut list, except I have added Legacy of the Dragonborn... I am hitting 52k standing in Radiant Rainments just after the head chopping scene in Solitude. As I get a bit more time this upcoming weekend, I can crunch some more numbers. This was after a quick cut/remerge and load of the testing tool last night late.

so I aded DynDOLOD (medium with script 1.48) and Enhanced Landscapes and strings only rose to 51259

so it seems dyndolod doesn't add those high strings anymore.

I doesn't seem like it no; Sheson has worked his magic. Now all the community needs need to do convince some other mod authors to do that same.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Hey all, I've been following this issue pretty closely since I mod super heavy and don't want to wind up 100hrs into a game and unable to save.

I compiled a list of all known spreadsheets which list various mods and their string count, as well as links to all the forum threads discussing this issue here; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HY4b4L3tJuYPxJazEc8XeF-q3WXI11u76hlKKleQel8/edit?usp=sharing

I also made my own spreadsheet which can be edited by anyone which is a compilation of all the info I could find on various mods and their impact on string count, that can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iIpwNT75ZQ5eejRgrSLt5kySrAKtTW1n7Q7IgtNy3NE/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you all for all the work investigating this issue you've done. You guys are awesome.

Hey all, I've been following this issue pretty closely since I mod super heavy and don't want to wind up 100hrs into a game and unable to save.

I compiled a list of all known spreadsheets which list various mods and their string count, as well as links to all the forum threads discussing this issue here; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HY4b4L3tJuYPxJazEc8XeF-q3WXI11u76hlKKleQel8/edit?usp=sharing

I also made my own spreadsheet which can be edited by anyone which is a compilation of all the info I could find on various mods and their impact on string count, that can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iIpwNT75ZQ5eejRgrSLt5kySrAKtTW1n7Q7IgtNy3NE/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you all for all the work investigating this issue you've done. You guys are awesome.

thanks for compling this will be useful for everyone. I am still working through my own spreadsheet thats covers SRLE Extended (which cover the majority of SRLE Base as well), but this will take me some time.

Great resoucre, however I noticed that it includes a lot of mods that have nothing to do with Papyrus or Scripts, like Noble Skyrim and No Snow Under the Roof. From the OP and the post on the nexus, I thought that this string issue was to do with scripts and papyrus, not textures and meshes, so wondering why the inclusion of those?

Edit: I also noticed quite a few calls in various threads about this issue for test done with long term vanilla games to see how strings grow in the vanilla game over time. I've just put a call out to the steam community for it, as quite a few people over there still run a very basic installation, and am also searching through the nexus save game tabs to see if I can find any that have hours listed

Edited by Nazenn

Great resoucre, however I noticed that it includes a lot of mods that have nothing to do with Papyrus or Scripts, like Noble Skyrim and No Snow Under the Roof. From the OP and the post on the nexus, I thought that this string issue was to do with scripts and papyrus, not textures and meshes, so wondering why the inclusion of those?

Edit: I also noticed quite a few calls in various threads about this issue for test done with long term vanilla games to see how strings grow in the vanilla game over time. I've just put a call out to the steam community for it, as quite a few people over there still run a very basic installation, and am also searching through the nexus save game tabs to see if I can find any that have hours listed

that i most likely from my own spreedsheet I have been testing every mod in SRLE Extended. I was doing that more to prove to myself that textures and meshes don't affect strings and i've done that  I will stop and only test mod with scripts.

this should hopefully speed up my testing.

Edited by Darth_mathias