building your own computer?

bitdman

Hey all

I"ve I'm sorry if I'm breaking a rule by posting this, my intentions are to help someone get a good and inexpensive start to building their own computers. 

That being said. After 15 years of building and upgrading I have accumulated a lot of stuff.  I'm not going to build anymore desktops and will gladly  ship all this stuff to anyone that is willing to pay the shipping fee. I don't want to throw perfectly good AMD graphics cards and a Tower,a couple of motherboards ,and memory sticks, fans, etc. etc. to the recycler.

anyone interested send me a message and we'll work something out

name: Richard

• +1 1

I was going to ask for more specific details but if your in the US it seems kind of silly for me to waste your time by doing such a thing, as the postage would be astronomically high.

Still that being said some pics and/or details about the hardware would be welcome.

Edited by Rebel47

I sent a PM, but I am not sure about the shipping either. I have an old AMD desktop sitting in my cupboard with a busted GTX 470. I recently decided I wanted to replace it and gift it to someone who doesn't have much funds at the moment, but really needs a PC. The trouble is I need Windows 10 now as well because my laptop came pre-installed with it before it died. More expenses when I need a new PC myself as well.

I sent a PM, but I am not sure about the shipping either. I have an old AMD desktop sitting in my cupboard with a busted GTX 470. I recently decided I wanted to replace it and gift it to someone who doesn't have much funds at the moment, but really needs a PC. The trouble is I need Windows 10 now as well because my laptop came pre-installed with it before it died. More expenses when I need a new PC myself as well.

What about Win 10 for ~US$20.

I looked on Ebay today and saw a cheap USB licence, but it only has one use. Don't the more expensive official USB ones have unlimited installs? I'm assuming these one-use licences are tied to the motherboard? I really have no idea about this stuff. 

As far as I am concerned buying keys that are not directly from Microsoft have a good chance that they are either illegally distributed or just don't work. Avoid sites like G2A like the plague. I just checked on their store front page right now and they are selling an EXISTING Minecraft account for 10$. I am 99% sure selling used/existing accounts is against the ToS. I am sure there are legit codes on G2A but who knows where a majority of them come from. Why do you think their store front is one giant ad page? They want you to be tricked into thinking you are buying legit keys for stuff. And G2A is hosted in Hong Kong. Really sketchy if you ask me. Sites like Ebay are also a huge risk. IMO you are much better off just saving yourself the trouble and buying a key directly from Microsoft so you it's legit.

I think all Windows licenses these days (with the exception of volume licenses) are locked to the hardware so you can't use the same key to install Windows on a new PC. I think even Office licenses (with the exception of Office 365 subscriptions) are locked to the hardware now. Welcome to the world of software rentals.

Microsoft needs to continue to lower the price to the general public, I'm not going to spend $200 on a pro license. I rather crack it as I have purchased several lost and overpriced licenses from Microsoft.

That being said the 20 dollar license is basically there to remove the warning.