SRLE Extended Mod Suggestions

Looks good but chances are it'll be incompatible with number of mods (immersive citizens and arthmoor villages come to mind). Just look at number of patches for ETAC - sometimes i get a feeling it needs more patches then number of mods i have

Galandil (author) post: "I've spoken with Shurah, and it will be compatible. But at the here and now it is not. Until he is finished the compatibility will have to wait I'm afraid."

If ICAIO gets patched everything else can be. Galandil have already released compatibility patches for USLEEP, 3DNPCs, SFO, NSUTR, Frostfall, NoticeBoard, Helgen Reborn and he's willing to do more. 

That mod looks amazing but it will be compatibility nightmare. It moves cities like Falkreath and Dawnstar into their own worldspace.

Galandil have plans to make it modular. You'll be able to choose what to install.

It's not done yet because he defined long time ago 1st April has the deadline. It was only released today because of nexus issues with big, scratch that, HUGE files

hey darth,
have you ever considered adding SMC (Skyrim Mod Combiner)?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51467/?

I read another post about somebody tackling textures/meshes/parallax mods on his own and you were considering looking at those results, but I think OP never finished so nothing came of it I think, and so I thought this mod might be worth a look then.

I've been using it for a while (I merged its multiple ESPs into one big ESP) and visuals are fantastic, what with the mod author having done all the leg work so to speak.

But another thing that might be interesting from a SRLE/Extended point of view (aside from the textures bit), is managing newly updated mods. The SMC tool automatically checks your mod list and alerts if any mod needs updating. Makes updating easy and you never wonder if your list is outdated or have to manually check web history, etc. Would be cool if SRLE/Extended could somehow incorporate this function...Cheers

hey darth,

have you ever considered adding SMC (Skyrim Mod Combiner)?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51467/?

I read another post about somebody tackling textures/meshes/parallax mods on his own and you were considering looking at those results, but I think OP never finished so nothing came of it I think, and so I thought this mod might be worth a look then.

I've been using it for a while (I merged its multiple ESPs into one big ESP) and visuals are fantastic, what with the mod author having done all the leg work so to speak.

But another thing that might be interesting from a SRLE/Extended point of view (aside from the textures bit), is managing newly updated mods. The SMC tool automatically checks your mod list and alerts if any mod needs updating. Makes updating easy and you never wonder if your list is outdated or have to manually check web history, etc. Would be cool if SRLE/Extended could somehow incorporate this function...Cheers

I have never heard of this mod but i am now intrigued i'll take a look at it and try and understand it better.

SMC is my **** (excuse my language :p).  Its so awesome I love it.  But I have other textures, parallaxes and meshes mods that are not included in SMC which is unfortunate.  I wish you can add any textures, parallaxes and meshes to a system like SMC so that you can use your preferred textures and meshes you want to use.

Galandil (author) post: "I've spoken with Shurah, and it will be compatible. But at the here and now it is not. Until he is finished the compatibility will have to wait I'm afraid."

If ICAIO gets patched everything else can be. Galandil have already released compatibility patches for USLEEP, 3DNPCs, SFO, NSUTR, Frostfall, NoticeBoard, Helgen Reborn and he's willing to do more. 

Galandil have plans to make it modular. You'll be able to choose what to install.

It's not done yet because he defined long time ago 1st April has the deadline. It was only released today because of nexus issues with big, scratch that, HUGE files

Since I'm no longer using ICAIO due to incompatibilities with some of my fave mods, like TPOS, ETAC and some other city ovehauls.  Galandil is working on a ETAC patch which is good news for me since I use the modular version of ETAC.  He already made one for TPOS(also nesbit made one himself too).  So this mod is just wonderful addition to skyrim, I can't wait for the modular version for sure :)

Edited by nappilydeestruction

I have never heard of this mod but i am now intrigued i'll take a look at it and try and understand it better.

That's good to hear! The mod works like this: You download a simple EXE program and install it. Launching said program pops a screen with all the required/recommended mods (there are lots!) Then you go about downloading said mods and just place them all in one single folder (zips are fine). Select location of this folder inside the program interface, tick the boxes with your installed mods, and hit the “Combine†button. A couple of years later the program finishes combining mods/textures/meshes/etc. into a small 25GB folder. You can then active this mega-mod or (as I did), begin the merge process to whittle down the esp’s and then create a patch.

I always wondered why this mod didn't get more attention, maybe because it incorporates so many mods, any of which I suppose could be deal breakers for some folks. But regardless, as always, even this mod can be overwritten with alternate mods, textures, meshes, overhauls, etc, and serves as an excellent base to build from.

In fact, in my load order there were quite a bit of mods which would overwrite each other, but considering how massive this thing is (my SMC merged file is at 24.9 GB in textures, meshes, scripts, sounds, interface MCMs, esp's and 1 esm? I think), that isn't much of a surprise.

I say that in the past tence because I’m in the process now of incorporating this into SRLE/Extended if possible.

It took quite a bit of work to try and incorporate it with SRLE/Regs/WAO/etc in my previous setup, so I wrote up a simple spreadsheet to keep track of how things should be merged and installed.

Best part of this mod is how you can easily check whether any mod needs updating without having to compare web page history, etc. with a single glance at the program interface (color coding helps identify mods that are outdated, or incorrect version, or mod that contains an ESP/ESM).

This might be perfect for something like SRLE/Extended if this interface could be adapted, simply if only to notify users of mods that require updating, or newer conflict resolution patches, etc. Not sure how easy that would be, but sure would be a time-saver for everyone involved in these kind of set-ups where you always wonder if you have the latest patch, mod or update.

Or maybe even doing a whole SRLE/Extended mod combiner/update checker! Click the button and you get an instant build in one mega mod folder, complete with all files/esp's. Do some esp merges, make some LOOT rules to ensure LO gets propagated correctly and done. Wow, wouldn't that be great for the mod community!

SMC is my **** (excuse my language :p).  Its so awesome I love it.  But I have other textures, parallaxes and meshes mods that are not included in SMC which is unfortunate.  I wish you can add any textures, parallaxes and meshes to a system like SMC so that you can use your preferred textures and meshes you want to use.

Yes, I love this mod too. And have always used it with my setup(s).

You can definitely add textures, etc. by overwriting files just like any other mod, with your own preferred mods, textures, meshes, parallax files, visual overhauls, etc. Just requires a little TLC to make sure everything plays OK...

SOME TIPS ON USING SMC:

Right-click on logo and select "Open application settings":

https://www.mediafire.com/view/g4n2qei4igqig2d/Screen_Shot_04-08-16_at_01.01_PM.JPG

Select "Editor Mode":

https://www.mediafire.com/view/dbjbawbabr7yc4s/Screen_Shot_04-08-16_at_01.01_PM_001.JPG

Now you can right-click on any mod and select "Edit Mod Settings" to view details that weren't showing before:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/m1r71du4ubdv34m/Screen_Shot_04-08-16_at_01.01_PM_002.JPG

https://www.mediafire.com/view/b4n0zm7b1ivqs9p/Screen_Shot_04-08-16_at_01.39_PM.JPG

Here's what SMC looks like with mods that need to be downloaded (white background), mods that have ESP's in them (red text), and mods that need to be updated (grey background). The other mods (lavender background) are OK:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/xah8akxr7xgvgox/Screen_Shot_04-08-16_at_01.02_PM.JPG

Edited by LuvianSkyrim

My concern with SMC would be to have "combine" all the mods every time one of them gets updated.

Not sure what would be the procedure when that happens but I wonder if that would bring unnecessary work when it's easier just to replace updated mods by overwriting them in MO

On the other hand is kind of nice to all the mods listed in MO for easy visualization of what's going on.

Or maybe and probably I'm missing something about SMC

Edited by edynacio

SMC would be more useful if it scanned your MO mods folder and found the mod you have already installed instead of having to go off and redownload all your texture mods again and put them in a seperate folder altogether.

so this is more useful for a fresh install then one already setup

Edited by Darth_mathias

the main thing that is putting me off SMC at the moment is having to go off anfd redownload all the textures mod that this uses; I have downloaded it trying i find some video on how to use but there aren't many.

hey darth,

yea it's tedious & time consuming with a fresh install (but what's new with Skyrim modding right?)

I've updated some tips in my previous post on how to use the program, so hopefully that helps a bit

Took me a while to figure out some of it's intricacies, but once I did, there was no going back!

My concern with SMC would be to have "combine" all the mods every time one of them gets updated.

Not sure what would be the procedure when that happens but I wonder if that would bring unnecessary work when it's easier just to replace updated mods by overwriting them in MO

On the other hand is kind of nice to all the mods listed in MO for easy visualization of what's going on.

Or maybe and probably I'm missing something about SMC

You don't have to actually "combine" all the mods again if only 1 or 2 of them need updating. I used to think that way before (but I got tired of the LOOOOONG combining process), so I did it this way:

For updating purposes, you only select the mods that show as needing to be updated (tick the boxes only next to those mods, not all of them), then click "Begin Combining" button, but this time what I do is select a sub-folder within the main SMC folder called "Updates" where I install those files. Once that's done (usually very fast depending on how many needed updating), I just move/replace said files within the main SMC folder and presto: done! Couldn't be easier.

SMC would be more useful if it scanned your MO mods folder and found the mod you have already installed instead of having to go off and redownload all your texture mods again and put them in a seperate folder altogether.

so this is more useful for a fresh install then one already setup

If SMC could somehow be integrated with MO to check if any mods needed updating, that would be a tremendous tool for all modders.

But again, you don't need to re-download the mods. You can just copy those mods into the main SMC downloads folder, or you could even just use your main MO download mods folder and have SMC scan that for updates, though I like to keep them separate.

But I have to disagree with it being more useful for a fresh install than one already setup. The whole beauty of this SMC tool is how you can update an already existing setup. Much easier than the way we've been doing it. How many times have we forgot to download Neo's latest CR patch or mod, because there wasn't any obvious method of letting us know it had been updated?

With a similar SMC notification tool, we'd know each and every mod, CR patch, texture, etc that needed to be updated to an already existing setup.

Darth, imagine if the SMC tool could be programmed to search not just for its own texture pack files, but for a custom SRLE/Extended pack? All your recommended mods, patches, etc. It would in a way not even require updating a web page like its done now with STEP/SRLE, etc.

I think I'll send a PM to drigger (SMC co-author) about this post and see if he can offer some insight??? I can really see this as a valuable tool for mod updating on its own, regardless of the texture pack side of it...