issue with mod organizer and oblivion

nodata12

Question

hey. i have an issue regarding mod organizer. whenever i launch oblivion via mod organizer for example obse or faked fullscreen it just CTD's. but when i launch oblivion normally it works flawlessly. i have the non-steam goty of oblivion. so the thing regarding changing the load mechanism is of no use. i even tried it and it still crashed so idk what could be wrong.

8 answers to this question

I have a similar issue,

I am hoping that someone may know what is causing it. When I launch Oblivion goty edition though MO OBSE does not load and my mods just spam me with you need OBSE, If I launch the game standard through steam OBSE works fine mods and all, I have tested this both ways with fresh installs and saves, perhaps I am doing something wrong or missed something. All mods and game up to date.

In game community is on of course and anyway as it stands  I can't run Oblivion though MO and would really like to get to the bottom of this. Anyone know of a workaround or fix ?? Thank you in advance :)

P.s have already tried a new prof with vanilla game and only OBSE results are the same btw it is not just OBSE not working the in game steam community is not working either.

ok i think i just had a breakthrough with the CTD..

for some reason Oblivion requires that your mods be installed to [path]\ModOrganizer\mods\ instead of [path]\ModOrganizer\Installed mods\

the latter is the default path for Skyrim. Ive always seen the \mods folder but have always thought of it as a legacy directory

I also use custom paths for MO downloads, but this doesnt seem to cause any problems. Now let's see if we can get the OBSE issues resolved

I have experienced the same issue of OBSE not being recognized when using MO. What I found is that I have to set MO as a script extender. 

Under Settings - Workarounds - Load Mechanism, select script extender.

For me at least this has resolved my issues. OBSE and my MO list is recognized.

I would love to hear how others are getting around this issue.

yeah i tried changing the setting you mentioned, but no luck. i tried it a few days ago and then i just tried it again now.. neither time worked out for me.

it is very frustrating. I even tried this other app "OBSE Launcher", added it to MO executables, but the exe is 64-bit which wont work for MO (only accepts 32-bit executables)

Would love to hear Tannin chime in on this.. I may just make a bug report

I am sorry that did not work for you. Not sure how it works for me either, really.

I googled the problem awhile back and saw the fix I mentioned on an old MO thread. I would love to hear more on this as well, since I am not confident that what I am doing is a long term solution.