Russia...Politics...Beliefs.

I know this is old, but as ENB will be coming full force here, what the hell?...

El9kXzz.jpg 

I really didn't know about this. I know he's Russian and the government brain-wash with propaganda, but what the hell! I don't actually want to support or use anything he does any more. Is this well known?

By the way, thanks for the answers.

I know this is old, but as ENB will be coming full force here, what the hell?...

El9kXzz.jpg

I really didn't know about this. I know he's Russian and the government brain-wash with propaganda, but what the hell! I don't actually want to support or use anything he does any more. Is this well known?

By the way, thanks for the answers.

:O_o: Is that from Boris?

It is unfortunately a known thing. Very different attitude toward a lifestyle he doesn't see as "normal". Not sure exactly what is normal after watching my fair share of weirdness on the internet (seriously Japan, WTF? :O_o: ). Boris doesn't exactly seem like a guy that spends much time outdoors though, so it's not like he can hurt anyone from his desk. 

It's Russia. It's expected. Being a gay man myself, I have no hard feelings towards him or his country. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not my place to judge their culture and beliefs either.

I am much closer to Russia and their culture than any of you guys, and I have to say it's perfectly fine to judge them. Not the culture obviously, that's completely different thing (unless I fail at english and understanding what the word means). They're basically wild animals and neanthertals there, most of them (and I only take people who live in cities into consideration). Like, tens of years behind the rest of the western world. There are tons of nice people there obviously, but the majority, when it comes to stuff like this? I don't think so.

Edited by Octopuss

It is quite known, there have been a few short debates in the past. In general you do not really want to discuss politics or ethics with Boris. It will just blow up way too quick. A nasty mix of culture, translation issues, and good ol stubbornness. 

Homophobia is just plain wrong and Russia has a real problem with neo fascism in general.

But on the other hand every one of us gives so much money to people acting on evil impulses and beliefs (buying copper, clothes and chocklate make very good examples) that I think we really have bigger problems.

For everyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hij91q0Y9FI

Just for curiosity's sake: don't you guys see homophobia and russophobia (or any phobia of that sort) as essentially similar phenomena? Both use sweeping generalizations to denigrate others (Wild animals and Neanderthals? Really?). Both enjoy absurd acts of public disassociation from whatever comes "from them" (Won't use ENB? Seriously?)

It's Russia. It's expected. Being a gay man myself, I have no hard feelings towards him or his country. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not my place to judge their culture and beliefs either.

Let's get this topic back on track or take this discussion to the Banter forum.

You are? Well there it is, it just shows you it doesn't matter at all. If a person has a nice personality that is all that matters. Just because that is his culture doesn't mean he has to accept it. It's up to the individual to make the right choice. He has a brain, he should use it. If you showed him homosexual tendancies in animals (among other things) he would just ignore that evidence.

I don't actually use ENB anyway, I think it looks mostly like some bloom bomb went off most of the time. Lighting mods are enough and have better performance. They do seem quite similar, but not 100%.

I think Aiyen is right and Octo is perfectly right on that we can judge regardless of his contributions. Ignoring that is like ignoring the fact mega corporations are just for greed.

Honestly, I don't care what opinions Boris has about lifestyles, values, or traditions.  I say that he's got every right to have his own opinions about what's right and what's not.  As long as Boris is creating software and sharing it, I'm happy with him.  I personally have mixed feelings about homosexuality myself, and I do see the propaganda element that Boris talks about to have some validity to it.  There is plenty of misinformation out there currently about the cause of homosexuality, being widely spread and taken as fact and aggressively shoved into everyone's face.  The current idea is that it's a condition that's solely genetic.  This is absolutely not true, and I say that with very strong conviction.

Like any other psychological preference, the truth is that it's part genetic and part experience.  For some it's more genetic, and for others it's more experience.  There is a choice involved, as there is with any psychological condition/preference.  For some who are strongly predisposed, it's an easier choice to make than for others who are not.  It's that simple.  That's the truth about it.  Of course that truth sheds light on the fact that people can learn to be gay, which can be politically damaging to proponents of gay marriage/public acceptance/etc.  Being able to deny the experience/choice aspect of a behavior/preference strengthens one's defense, even if it's not true.  So there is validity to the idea that greater public acceptance will lead to more homosexual behavior in more people.  It's there where my feelings are mixed, as that result does take away from the traditional concept of families and relationships.  When you lose standards for basing opinions and determining which behaviors are correct and which behaviors are not, the ideas of right and wrong start to become grey and society could go in strange and undesirable directions.  Same can be said of multiculturalism, as the habits of some cultures are absolutely taboo to other cultures.  Religions as well.

Anyway, don't fall for propaganda out there.  Various interests will find all kinds of ways to lie to you and influence your opinions.  To a degree I understand what Boris is saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Same can be said of multiculturalism, as the habits of some cultures are absolutely taboo to other cultures.  Religions as well.

All hail fascism! It's easy to understand, there is a clear good and evil, and people who made the 'wrong choice' (i.e. are different) are finally properly punished.