EzEs -Colored Map Markers-

rpsgc

EzEs -Colored Map Markers-

An updated alternative to 'Colored Map Markers'. This one is 100% compatible with 1.8 and the upcoming DLC.

Has several versions available:

- Fully coloured + vanilla quest markers (white) -- example

- Fully coloured + green quest markers -- example

- Vanilla colours (white) + green quest markers -- example

- Fully coloured with white outline -- example

- Blue cities + green quest markers -- example » Requested by me, almost identical to 'Colored Map Markers'

- Orange cities + green quest markers -- example

FYI - People are reporting that map markers are disappearing when they use Colored Map Markers with Skyrim v1.8 and it's showing as recommended in the current STEP guide.

EzEs -Colored Map Markers- work with 1.8.

I can confirm this. I had the same problem and fixed it with this mod. There is a version that only replaces the quest markers and player position, which is the one I prefer because the full version looks  a little like crayola madness in the compass. 

'Simple Markers - Holds and Quests BLUE' (requested by yours truly) is very similar to the old 'Colored Map Markers' mod.

Alternately, you could also use 'Trinity Colors' from this mod. It's also identical to the current, and outdated, STEP mod.

That file is 'hudmenu.swf'. It's only needed if you want coloured icons on the compass. Otherwise, feel free to delete it.

As to SkyUI, this is what I got from the developers:

No our hudmenu is needed to support the hud widgets framework (just active effects at the moment but I expect others to use it too (hopefully )). I'll probably modify the compass markers so other mod authors can set the markers' colours by papyrus or something. Not sure how viable that will be though so might end up not doing it.

'Simple Markers - Holds and Quests BLUE' (requested by yours truly) is very similar to the old 'Colored Map Markers' mod.

Alternately, you could also use 'Trinity Colors' from this mod. It's also identical to the current, and outdated, STEP mod.

That trinity mod is a great find. Do the health bars fade in and out like vanilla? Does the crosshair work with mounted combat? These were problems I had with similar HUD mods before. 

That trinity mod is a great find. Do the health bars fade in and out like vanilla? Does the crosshair work with mounted combat? These were problems I had with similar HUD mods before. 

I really don't know, I only use the optional files (map markers).

• 2 years later...