SRLE Extended

I haven't got around to updating the Cr sub guide yet ran out of time. but 2 things a fix between ICAIO and Moonpath the oven in dead man drink was moved by ICAIO I basically put back for Moonpath and I slightly changed the recipe for Raven Witch Armor to make it a little easier to read when crafting. I will updated the CR sub guide when I have some time.

Have you kept movement tweaks from vigor? Edited by paul666root

So, in respond of my own topic earlier regarding grass, I've tried a few things (namely Verdant + SFO and Grass on Steroids + SFO). Here are my toughts and performances (those were conducted in front of Whiterun, with 100% GPU usage so CPU isn't bottlenecking), with iMinGrassSize=70 : 

SFO + Grass on Steroids (GoS) - AO (Ambient Occlusion) : 67 FPS

SFO + GoS + AO : 63 FPS

SFO + Verdant - AO : 61 FPS

SFO + Verdant + AO : 53 FPS 

My thoughts : holy **** Verdant + AO + iMinGrassSize=70 looks STUNNING. Those 2K fowers and grass are amazing. The performance hit is really big though. 

GoS really doesn't look that good regarding individual grass textures, but the performance is stunning. I might chose this option in the future, or remove Ambient Occlusion and keep verdant (however I find that AO is really a must have with ENB, it really adds, in my opinion, a nice touch).

Also may I encourage you guys to check out this optimization guide : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74427/? I followed the guide and I have now almost 0 stutter, it's almost magical. Just be wary of keeping fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000 in your skyrim.ini (author recommends a value of 500 to 800) : I had weird bugs when setting it to the recommend settings (massive stutters and script lag after loading a save) .

I personally have found SFO + Verdent using the 1k textures options + Grim Grass + Unique Flowers And Plants to be a complete remaster of everything floral to me while not hogging up too much fps thanks to the 1k textures. 

You all may have already seen this, but in case you haven't, Gopher posted this video on June 22nd, HERE.  Basically he says that there will be no SKSE (for weeks or months) and no SkyUI (for a very long time, if at all) for the new Skyrim Edition coming out later this year.

Edited by Kneph13

We can play this one since it already looks good.

I agree.  I don't imagine I'll be using the new one anytime soon anyway; until more stuff comes out for it.  Just wanted to let folks know.  However, I won't be playing any new games (maybe Witcher 3).  I'm one of those folks who plays what he likes for a very long time, and there is still so much in Skyrim I haven't done, I keep creating different characters or changing my  mod list.  I still haven't even finished the main quest in it's entirety and I've got 1944 hours according to Steam.  LoL.

Edited by Kneph13

I do doubt we will be able to play the new Skyrim for a long time due to the way mods will have rebuilt in the new creation tool. This means that old saves will more than likely not be able to be ported over not due to the game but do to the changes that must be done to your mod list ie the removal of mods that are no longer supported or wont be updated to the new system. What I think it will be happen is a similar situation as moving a house.

I agree.  I don't imagine I'll be using the new one anytime soon anyway; until more stuff comes out for it.  Just wanted to let folks know.  However, I won't be playing any new games (maybe Witcher 3).  I'm one of those folks who plays what he likes for a very long time, and there is still so much in Skyrim I haven't done, I keep creating different characters or changing my  mod list.  I still haven't even finished the main quest in it's entirety and I've got 1944 hours according to Steam.  LoL.

I am SO much in the same boat.  Mine shows 1330 hrs, and I've spent waay more time than that modding it.   I bought the latest Tomb Raider and Rainbow Six Siege recently, and played each an hour or so... and look where I am again right now!  lol   All I was thinking while I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider is 'holy crap, I wish Skyrim could look like this!'.   

I have a suggestion for the SRLE Extended guide. Wanted to see if anyone else finds it valuable. For mods that are later merged, it seems like it would be helpful to indicate this under the mod description with a note saying something like "included in XYZ merge" which corresponds to the name of the merge at the bottom of the guide. That way when the mod authors release updated versions of merged mods, like the Armor of Progression stuff recently, we know we might need to recreate the merge. As it stands now, the history page of the guide only catches changes to the merge section when stuff is added/removed/changed (rightfully so). But we've had a few version updates lately to mods that have been merged, and some people may not realize that they have to rebuild that corresponding merge. Or I could be completely wrong.

Quick question has Konahrik's Accoutrements been considered in this guide before? If not it should, its a excellent quest mod imo.

not yet.

I have a suggestion for the SRLE Extended guide. Wanted to see if anyone else finds it valuable. For mods that are later merged, it seems like it would be helpful to indicate this under the mod description with a note saying something like "included in XYZ merge" which corresponds to the name of the merge at the bottom of the guide. That way when the mod authors release updated versions of merged mods, like the Armor of Progression stuff recently, we know we might need to recreate the merge. As it stands now, the history page of the guide only catches changes to the merge section when stuff is added/removed/changed (rightfully so). But we've had a few version updates lately to mods that have been merged, and some people may not realize that they have to rebuild that corresponding merge. Or I could be completely wrong.

that's a good Idea i will see what i can come up with.

I'd keep Vigor solely for the fatigue system and the movements tweaks : I find that not being able to turn during attacks and commit to them is really really nice from a gameplay standpoint. Plus, if you're using TK Dodge, it makes sense to have ennemies no follow you midswing.