Crashing When Finishing Unpacking Ruffled Feather Mod

KageYuuki

Question

With a fresh install of SKyrim, I decided I would follow the STEP Extended guide in its entirety instead of just picking and choosing like I had before. I've hit a bit of a snag installing the Ruffled Feather mod pack however. Since you can only download the mod manually, I go to install the archive with MO. Every time, when it finishes unpacking the mod and goes to bring up the installer it crashes. This is the only mod it does it with, so I'm a little confused. Is there another way I could install the mod? Any ideas would be appreciated.

11 answers to this question

So I was able to install the mod. Here's what I had to do to get it to work:

• Extract the archive with 7zip
  • Delete all unnecessary folders, including fomod
  • Re-archive the three mods that were left
  • Install that through MO

At least it worked. But that's the most trouble I've gotten from a mod yet.

Click Configuration Settings (the wrench and screwdriver), go to the Plugins tab, click FoMod Installer, and make sure Enabled and Prefer are both set to true. It sounds as if it may be using the external or manual installer.

Nope, the correct FoMod installer is enabled and set as prefered.

Is your MO up to date to the latest release?

What do you mean, "only install it manually"?

MO is up to date, yes.

The mod author has since updated the page so the option to "Download with manager" is back. The other day you could only download it through your web browser and then install using the "install from archive" option.

As noted here, common causes of error are from overly zealous AV packages hindering the copy process MO does after mod installation. Check to ensure your AV isn't causing this.

AV has nothing to do with it. And with this mod, the installation hadn't even started yet.

The mod installs fine for me and so far you're the only one reporting it here and/or on the Nexus page. I personally wrote the installer and MO is not tossing out any errors for it on my end. It has to be something on your end, I'm just not sure what.

I haven't the slightest idea either. But I got the mod installed so that's all that matters.

So I was able to install the mod. Here's what I had to do to get it to work:

• Extract the archive with 7zip
  • Delete all unnecessary folders, including fomod
  • Re-archive the three mods that were left
  • Install that through MO

At least it worked. But that's the most trouble I've gotten from a mod yet.