Zedtsayid

Mo isn't showing Skyrim masters

Question

Installed Skyrim and MO, I'm Following STEP as a general guide. Ran TES5edit through MO and cleaned my Skyrim masters, Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard before installing any mods. MO doesn't show the masters in the profile but they are checked and visible in the archive. How do I get them to activate? Everything is new, not working with an old install. I did a reinstall of Win 7 before installing anything. 

9 answers to this question

When you cleaned the DLC the original files have been MOVED and are no longer in the Data folder of Skyrim. I was pretty sure the STEP guide has you make copies of these first, to place back into the Data folder, I haven't checked that lately.

However since the 'cleaned' files exist in a mod used by MO the game will function normally. If you wish to be absolutely sure nothing bad will happen you could "Verify your game cache" with Steam and the DLC will be downloaded again to be in the Data folder. As long as the 'cleaned' DLC are placed after the "Unmanaged" ones in MO, you will have the clean files used in game.

Dang I attached a screen shot but i don't see it either.missing%20bsa_zps7nxn8as8.png

I've verified I have the BSA's in my data folder also.

Edited by Zedtsayid

I think it might help to see the Plugins tab in the right pane instead of the Archive tab.

It is now showing all the DLC's. I shut down the computer to run to the store, when I opened MO to get Greg a new screen shot everything was good and the warning flag was gone. Yeah just a glitch. I appreciate your quick response to my post.  Thanks 

Huh! What? Why are we looking at BSAs? You were asking about the DLC plugins, ie *.esm files.

It's not so much as the wrong terminology used as me just being sure you didn't have another problem that you were confusing the result with.

GrantSP,  I was running through the recommended STEP mods setting up my game. When I got to the end and ran LOOT I got error messages that the main esm's were missing. For about 3 hrs the esm's for Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawngaurd were not in the plugin list and I was getting the warning for missing masters. I had run TES5edit to clean them before I started adding STEP. I did shut down my computer to run to the store. When I restarted MO when I got back everything was normal with all esm's where they should be. Since this is not repeatable it is difficult to determine what was the issue.

I prefer to blame Microsoft.........

Edited by Zedtsayid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Keen7981
      Greetings,

Allow me to apologize in advance if this turns out to be a common problem.  I did not search the forums beforehand because I was honestly not sure what to search for.  My issue is happening just after leaving Vault 101 for the first time.  If I stay near the little wood door to the cave or even go a little ways down the path, everything is fine.  I get all my mod and dlc popups.  I am using the Ties That Bind mod and the scripted event happens correctly.  But as soon as I get too far away from Vault 101 and the distance is random, sometimes it is the end of the path and sometimes I can get a little ways down the road, a myriad of issues start.

I can no longer use my pipboy (pipboy readius) as it gets replaced with the missing texture exclamation point, even though it was working fine before.  My weapon makes no sound when fired, but the casing falling on the ground still makes a sound.  I can't use the menus anymore, pressing escape no longer does anything, and while I can bring up the console and type in it the commands no longer do anything.

I am honestly at a loss for where to even start troubleshooting this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I will leave my load order below, if any other information is needed please to not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
      Keen7981

• By Vanusk
      Hey, I'm pretty new to intense Skyrim modding and I just went through the entire STEP guide, choosing to use STEP Extended and STEP Immersive Survival Pack. I threw in some armor and weapon mods (Full list in below mod order, includes Immersive Armors but not Immersive Weapons) then RCRN, and called it good. The issue wasn't apparent at first, but soon I noticed some objects load with black textures, blue textures, and most recently being invisible completely. (Some NPCs were floating heads and hands) There appears to be *no specific items* affected by this issue, sometimes random world objects will have the problem, sometimes not. Sometimes my character's skin turns black, sometimes not. Relaunching the game will temporarily fix the issue, but once I've fast traveled a couple of times, it returns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like it should be reiterated separately: There is no specific set of objects affected by my issue, and I've only seen it affect the same object repeatedly a couple of times.

System Specs:
      i5 3570k
      8gb DDR3 1600
      Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB (OC model)

• By Tykune
      Rallys Hanging Moss does not appear to be available anymore, or perhaps the link to the mod is incorrect?