Fo3Edit and FNVedit help

jopasty

Question

Recently my hard drive crashed so i had to redo all of my games and mods for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim.   I started with skyrim and got it back up and running but this time i used the mod organizer to do it and everything works fine, including TES5Edit.  Now im trying to redo Fallout 3 goty edition and have everything working except FO3edit so i can make my merged patch.  TES5Edit will load up fine, but FO3edit and FNVedit will minimize on start up and will not maximize unless i force it to with the task manager.  When i force it to maximize the window showing the installed mods is not there and on the 2 paned window, on the right side it says:

FO3Edit 3.1.1 starting session 2015-08-11 19:28:04

Using Fallout3 Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\

Using ini: C:\User\Josh\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Fallout.ini

Using plugin list: C:\User\Josh\AppData\Local\Fallout3\Plugins.txt

Using settings file: C:\User\Josh\AppData\Local\Fallout3\Plugins.fo3viewsettings

Loading active plugin list: C:\User\Josh\AppData\Local\Fallout3\Plugins.txt

if i try to click anywhere on the window i get a windows error chime and nothing happens.  the only way to get out of it is to end its task in task manager.  Any help i can get would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:  i tried using mod organizer for Fo3 and running fo3edit with it and the same thing happens

Edited by jopasty

1 answer to this question

FO3Edit and TES5Edit are exactly the same executable, the common name for all these tools is xEdit, so whatever you have set for your Skyrim via MO will work for FO3 via MO.

Add the xEdit to the list of MO's executables and launch it through MO, the list of plugins that are currently active in MO will be used by xEdit.

The state the window is saved in the Plugins.fo3viewsettings in the:

[frmMain]
WindowState=

2 = maximised, 0 = minimised and 1 = the minimised to taskbar state you are seeing.

That condition should be saved each time on exit based on the current window condition xEdit was last in. You might have permission issues on that file preventing it from being overwritten. You can manually change that with Notepad.