ENBoost Videomemorysizemb Total Video memory Question

Tarath

Question

Hey guys! I just recently found out to change the value of videomemorysizemb from [VRAM] + [system RAM] - [2048] to [Total Available Video Memory] - [350]. My Laptop specs are 
Windows 8.1, 64bit, 8gb Ram, Nvidia Geforce 840m (2gb Vram), Intel i7-5500u CPU 2.4-3ghz

So the instructions to find out Total available video memory stated:

To find Total Available Graphics Memory in Windows 7 and 8:

1. Open the Control Panel and make sure it's sorted by "Category".
  2. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
  3. In the middle and right-hand side of the window, click the Advanced settings link.
  4. In the new window that opens, make sure the Adapter tab is the current tab.
  5. Under Adapter Information, look for Total Available Graphics Memory.                                                            

Although, its showing the Intel HD Graphics under Adapter tab. The total available graphics memory for that is 3839.

However, when I go to dxdiag and search for Nvidia's one, the Aprrox total memory for NVidia is 4041mb

Which should I use for the calculation? 

And just for the record, what happens when I change videomemorysizemb from 8192 (I had it currently at this setting until now) to about 3639 (Around that value). Anything significant?

Thanks!

Edited by Tarath

3 answers to this question

Use the one from the video card, in this case. As for what happens, ENBoost will have less memory to access, but it likely didn't need that much to begin with. Remember that setting only tells ENBoost (enbhost.exe to be precise) how much memory it can use. That doesn't mean ENBoost is actually that much memory. It only uses what it needs.

Use the one from the video card, in this case. As for what happens, ENBoost will have less memory to access, but it likely didn't need that much to begin with. Remember that setting only tells ENBoost (enbhost.exe to be precise) how much memory it can use. That doesn't mean ENBoost is actually that much memory. It only uses what it needs.

So just to make sure, in Videomemorysizemb it should be 4041-350 right? Thanks for the explanation and help! :)