College Days - Winterhold (jvr2400)

Shadriss

If you want, I can save you some shopping. I've done voice work before, though it's been a while since it was for a game. For references:

https://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Deception;61873 - This was a Jedi Knight: JA SP mod I wrote, mapped, and scripted. I also did the voice work for two of the characters in it. Doubt you can play the mod itself, but the voice files would be accessible inside the PK3 file by just unzipping them. For reference, I was the Rebel Controller and Darth Malice.

On a completely different trend, I've also done some work for a guy down in Australia called MJ. He's done various 20's era style radio shows, including a spoof of the LucasArts Monkey Island series, in which I was casted as the crazy French Pirate Sir Creigh Blue. Say it with a horrible overblown french accent, and yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. I can't seem to find that site now, so it may be down, but he worked under the title of Nightlight Productions, and the series was "Beneath Monkey Island" if I recall correctly.

Regardless, you can either contact me through these forums here, or via my email addy (think it's in my profile... let me know if it isn't.) I don't have much of an accent to speak of, due to my highly-mobile upbringing (USAF brat, and currently serving USN), but can do decent British Isles (High-British, Cockney, Irish, and Scottish), Russian, and a bunch of others not quite so well, but decent.

Wish I had more to sell you on, but it's what I've got. Hope to hear from you soon. (As an aside, if you can tell me what kind of audio files Skyrim uses, I can probobly get it saved in that style easilly enough - Audacity does it pretty well, from my past experiances.)

• +1 1

If you want, I can save you some shopping. I've done voice work before, though it's been a while since it was for a game. For references:

https://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Deception;61873 - This was a Jedi Knight: JA SP mod I wrote, mapped, and scripted. I also did the voice work for two of the characters in it. Doubt you can play the mod itself, but the voice files would be accessible inside the PK3 file by just unzipping them. For reference, I was the Rebel Controller and Darth Malice.

On a completely different trend, I've also done some work for a guy down in Australia called MJ. He's done various 20's era style radio shows, including a spoof of the LucasArts Monkey Island series, in which I was casted as the crazy French Pirate Sir Creigh Blue. Say it with a horrible overblown french accent, and yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. I can't seem to find that site now, so it may be down, but he worked under the title of Nightlight Productions, and the series was "Beneath Monkey Island" if I recall correctly.

Regardless, you can either contact me through these forums here, or via my email addy (think it's in my profile... let me know if it isn't.) I don't have much of an accent to speak of, due to my highly-mobile upbringing (USAF brat, and currently serving USN), but can do decent British Isles (High-British, Cockney, Irish, and Scottish), Russian, and a bunch of others not quite so well, but decent.

Wish I had more to sell you on, but it's what I've got. Hope to hear from you soon. (As an aside, if you can tell me what kind of audio files Skyrim uses, I can probobly get it saved in that style easilly enough - Audacity does it pretty well, from my past experiances.)

Ah, the good old JKA days. Although I still prefer Outcast for dueling - they made DFA's too spammable in JKA.

I appreciate the offer. I have a new guy I found on Nexus who will hopefully be more reliable, but if he also disappears, I'll definitely come running your way. 

edit: I do have JKA via Steam. I'm going to try Deception when I get a chance. If I can figure out how to install it via Steam...

Realizing this is off-topic, but hey...

You should be able to install it per the instructions in the zip file, Steam or no. Since it has to run via a bat file (which I'm pretty sure I inclluded, or at  least instructions on how to set it up...), it wont matter if it's Steam or not. Alternately, you CAN turn it on in-game via the Mod menu, but the custom mission briefings and the subtitles won't be correct, if I recall correctly. Enjoy... I hope...

And yes - DFA spam FTL. THough the lighting changes and the new texture sets were great to have.

• +1 1

Realizing this is off-topic, but hey...

You should be able to install it per the instructions in the zip file, Steam or no. Since it has to run via a bat file (which I'm pretty sure I inclluded, or at  least instructions on how to set it up...), it wont matter if it's Steam or not. Alternately, you CAN turn it on in-game via the Mod menu, but the custom mission briefings and the subtitles won't be correct, if I recall correctly. Enjoy... I hope...

And yes - DFA spam FTL. THough the lighting changes and the new texture sets were great to have.

Yes, no doubt it looked prettier. And I enjoyed much of the storyline, especially the parts where Kyle made snarky comments.

Sooo.... every time he showed up and Rosh opened his mouth?

That, plus his commentary on the environments. "The key to these doors is always on some guy five levels up. What kind of sense does that make?"

Something like that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you have the voice work done. Sad it wasn't me who did it. :(

Any ETA update on this?

I've already got two, I can easily add another if you want to do so. ;)

They are both uploaded. Yay!

Please note that I am not in any way attempting to force my mod into this amazing project, and I realize it was in no way guaranteed, assured, or even hinted at that adding voicing to CDW would qualify it. I just liked the suggestion of having Jordan voiced. :)

• +1 1

I am right before the college quests in the game on my new playthrough. I need to add this to check it out, but my current character isn't aimed anywhere close to being magic focused. Playing a Ranger/archer PC. My first playthrough was as a mage. I want to do that again so I might wait for that character. Might be fun to start it this weekend.

I am right before the college quests in the game on my new playthrough. I need to add this to check it out, but my current character isn't aimed anywhere close to being magic focused. Playing a Ranger/archer PC. My first playthrough was as a mage. I want to do that again so I might wait for that character. Might be fun to start it this weekend.

just remember to bring a lot of cash. ;)

I'm curious on the expense/cash requirement of this mod. What was the reasoning behind this? Was it because this is a college and you have to pay for college? Ever thought about dropping the cost requirement and have it solely based on skill level? It is my understanding that in medieval times (more or less Skyrim's setting), tuition was non-existent. The costs involved were actually the living expenses while studying, not tuition costs. This is why most poorer families couldn't afford education. The education was free, but the cost of paying for the student to live without working was to great.

That has been suggested before, but I stuck with it because I felt there has to be some sort of payment. The player is getting room and board as well as very expensive books, so it could be looked at as living expenses, just as you said.

If there was a way to implement a different sort of payment (going along the idea that those going to the college are required to add to the group knowledge) that wouldn't require a bunch of boring standard quests, I could possibly add it.