Ethereal Elven Overhaul (by nuska)

mightyusaid

maybe it changes too much from vanilla style?

-1. IMHO It doesn't change anything in style, it's rather sort of bugfix. And we can make merge patches w/o asking author: 

DO permit using and releasing EEO's texture and morph assets and ESPs for following types of purposes:

-Follower mods

-NPC mods and replacers

-ESP translations (the actual mod assets must be downloaded from here first - no wholesale redistribution)

-Compatibility patches for conflicting mods

-New game content such as quests and stories

-Clearly derivative work using the morphs and/or normal maps as a base for building something new

-Practice and self-education, privately

OMG, the LIPS here looks so ridiculous! :woot: They remind me of silly teenage girls making that stupid duckface to the camera :D

Posted Image Posted Image

It's a definitely big NO from me.

+1. I don't want silly teenage elves in my game. I don't think the thalmor were half as intimidating if they keep making duck faces around you. Kind of silly. Although, thinking about it... I need my double barrel shotgun.

• 1 year later...

For anyone wanting to use this mod:

EEO's version of beard 25 is broken, but I found a fix.  Read on for details.

Ethereal Elven Overhaul changes the face structure of elves, and a side-effect is that the vanilla beard meshes don't fit elves anymore.  Therefore, EEO replaces all of the beard meshes with modified versions that will fit correctly on the new elven face structure.  These beards are shared by all races and they fit correctly for all races... 

...except for beard 25.  EEO's version of beard 25 is broken.  It looks patchy and ugly, and again, this affects all races.  The mod author, Nuska, is aware of the issue, but she couldn't fix it, and she has stopped working on EEO in order to spend time on other projects.  If you delete the bad mesh so that the vanilla version is used instead, then the beard will look fine for the non-elven races, but it won't fit on elves.

However!  I found a very easy workaround for this problem:

• Make a copy of EEO's version of humanbeardshort14races.tri (this is beard 24, and yes, the file says "14").
  • Change the copy's name to humanbeardshort15races.tri (this is beard 25, and yes, the file says "15").
  • Paste this file into EEO's beards folder, replacing the file that's there.

The result is that beard 25 is no longer broken, and it still looks different from beard 24, because they use different textures.  In fact, since the two meshes are so similar, this fixed version of beard 25 looks pretty much the same as the vanilla version.  Huzzah!

• +1 5

• 1 year later...