SkyUI by SkyUI Team

GrantSP

SkyUI

SkyUI is a mod that aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard, less wasteful of available screen space, and nicer to look at.

Current version is at 4.1

NB. The only reason I created this new thread is, firstly I couldn't believe it wasn't here in the first place. (probably just an automatic choice for everyone) And secondly there is apparently a version 5.0 arriving in the not-too-distant future.

There's a thread for it here.

I confess to being a SkyUI - Away user. I only play with controllers and a TV console-style and I like the comparative simplicity of the vanilla menus. I never use the extra features provided by SkyUI and it looks a little too much like a spreadsheet for my taste. I know I'm in a definite minority, however.

It was already mentioned, but the Skyrim Interface Makeover fixes overlapping text issues in some places and gives me a pretty good HUD and font to boot. Two SkyUI files need to be hidden if you're a SkyUI - Away user like me (inventorylists.swf and itemcard.swf, in the interface/skyui folder).

Edited by Harpalus

I must have done half a dozen searches for SkyUI and not once did that thread show up! :O_o:

Maybe because it's part of the STEP Anthology thread? Who knows?

So let's let this one die a silent death and I'll mention the new version coming in that one.