Sign in to follow this  
gammitgames

MO says some of my mods aren't installing fully?

Question

SO my MO had the window where it said game data is not on top so i clicked it and put the data as the data directory but then a little window pops up saying that a error has happened and the mod was installed fully and I don't understand why. it works on some of my mods but it won't work on my Apachii hair mod and i don't really understand if i'm doing something wrong or not. please help! post-6353-0-88556700-1424642814_thumb.jpgpost-6353-0-66752500-1424642829_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

I have found the best solution to that is to restart MO.

If it continues then maybe you need to repack the mod or manually drag the mod installation over

I have found the best solution to that is to restart MO.

If it continues then maybe you need to repack the mod or manually drag the mod installation over

How would i restart do you mean uninstall then re install? 

Going from the screenshots you posted that mod, Apachii hair, isn't packaged nicely and when you installed it you probably just hit 'OK' instead of checking it with 'Manual'.

The wiki and the official videos describe in detail this process and I encourage you to check those out.

Notice the name of Apachii Hair in the screenshot is 'greyed out'. This indicates the folder structure is not found in the Data folder and the game engine can't see it. Remove that mod and re-install it and when given the option, choose 'Manual' and then you will need to 'Set Data folder' on the correct folder inside the archive.

As mentioned, this is described in the official documentation. Also all of Gopher's videos show him explaining this method as being the preferred option.

TES5EDIT or LOOT? I see TES5EDIT launcher selected in pics.

Unrelated to the issue at hand. The dialogs are from the installation process and the 'Run' dropdown menu merely shows the current selection, not what is active in the screen.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DogWada
      I'm using MO2 for Skyrim LE. When i first installed MO2 i selected "Create a portable instance" when i was prompted, so i don't have a global instance, i'm not sure if that's ok? I used Vortex before this and had no issues with FNIS so i do know how to use it.

At this point i've watched multiple MO setup and installation guides and read a bunch of forum posts but i can't get GenerateFNISforUsers.exe to work when it's run through MO Executables. When i run it, it says:
      Generator: C:\Games\MO2\mods\2 FNIS Behavior 7_6\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
      ">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<
      Skyrim 32bit: ??.??.?? - C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
      >>Warning: Expected generator path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users not found<<"
      But when i run "Explore Virtual Folder" and open GenerateFNISforUsers.exe there it loads all my mods fine. I could just activate it this way or go to the data tab in the right MO pane and right-click GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and select "Execute with VFS" each time but i'm concerned something won't work if im doing it this way, and it's less convenient to activate it like this every time.
      I did what this guide said: https://youtu.be/53472H4lAuA?t=597(timestamped) but this didn't work for me either. For him when he runs the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe through MO tools it says "MO is locked while the executionable is running", for me i get this message: and FNIS doesn't show on my screen so i can't see if it's loading my mods correctly or anything. If i click "Unlock" it says: and i think crashes FNIS. If i don't press unlock and just wait a few seconds the message will go away and my overwrite folder will have contents.
      After all of that if i set the Executables to the same directory i used for this process it still just gives me the same 2 warnings like i said at the start of the post.
      So what am i doing wrong here? What should i do?

• By frihyland
      Discussion thread:
      Mod Organizer Guide by DoubleYou & Step Modifications
      Wiki Link --> DOCUMENTATION UPDATE TOPIC

This thread is for discussion and improvement of the Mod Organizer Guide on the wiki.

This thread is for discussion of the Mod Organizer Guide, and should NOT be used for support/troubleshooting. Please use the Official Support Forum for support/troubleshooting.
    • By Sayoregg
      I am using MO2. I installed DynDOLOD in a separate directory than my game and not in program files or anything. In MO2 I added -sse to the arguments for both programs (I'm using the x64 versions of them if that's relevant). Without the arguments the programs give a totally different error so I'm guessing that it isn't the issue. When I do try to run the programs (Both DynDOLOD and texgen), I'm getting this error log. Gonna use TexGen's as an example.
                     [00:00:00.063]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (DAB7081D) starting session 2021-04-15 10:01:59
                     [00:00:00.073]    Game Mode: SSE
                     [00:00:00.078]    Game Name: Skyrim Special Edition
                     [00:00:00.084]    Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
                     [00:00:00.089]    Using Backup Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SSEEdit Backups\
                     [00:00:00.095]    Using Scripts Path: D:\Programs (D)\DyndoLOD\Edit Scripts\
                     [00:00:00.101]    Using Cache Path: D:\Programs (D)\DyndoLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
                     [00:00:00.107]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\
                     [00:00:00.114]    Using ini: C:\Users\Sayor\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
                     [00:00:00.124]    Using save path: C:\Users\Sayor\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\
                     [00:00:00.132]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
                     [00:00:00.140]    Using settings file: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
                     [00:00:00.157]    Using language: English
                     [00:00:00.167]    Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
                     [00:00:00.176]    Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
                     [00:00:00.192]    Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
                     [00:00:00.202]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
                     [00:00:00.218]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>
      I have checked the path it is trying to load "Plugins.txt" from and there wasn't any file called like that there, only a "DynDOLOD_settings.ini". I asked one guy in a discord server for help because I knew he used DynDOLOD. His Plugins.txt file is completely empty, and DynDOLOD worked for him, so I created an empty Plugins.txt file there, yet the programs still give the same error.