Help with install STEP

Difadon

Question

Hello,

Need help with installing STEP: EXTENDED.

1. I first installed modifications labeled STEP: CORE (green) and then install modifications for STEP: EXTENDED?

2. If you are installing a major modification and then optional files, I install with funtion MERGE or modification installed under another name?

thank you

3 answers to this question

STEP 2.2.9

All green items are Core all non green items are Extended.

If you're using MO then just install everything in the sub step (2.e for example) follow all the directions before moving onto the next part.

If you're using NMM then I would assume activate all of them in the order they are listed.

I'm asking for a priority list to be added to STEP guide to help with such questions.

2. If you are installing a major modification and then optional files, I install with funtion MERGE or modification installed under another name?

hard question to answer.  It depends on your personal tastes and where you plan on going.  During the Core install, some optionals are left out, but needed when going to Extended.  Until you have a better grasp, I would suggest installing the mod from scratch, selecting the optionals you need, then rename it.  Add "STEP Extended" to the end of it as example and then disable the previous version of the installed mod.

To clarify, when i started installing STEP, i added to the end of all mods "STEP Core".  Once I knew that was installed, complete and stable, I started from the top, found mods that had optionals for Extended, and renistalled those mods, making necessary adjustments and added "STEP Extended" to the end, deactivating the "STEP Core" version.  I hope that makes sense.

I just thought of something.  If a mod has two files to install for a single mod, I would merge them.  of course, this question would be best answered if I knew at least one of the mods you were having trouble or concern with.

Edited by James_Richards