My son bought on EVGA GTX 980 4GB Overclocked and is quite pleased with it. He is obsessed with having max settings and frame rates of 60 fps on every game, but he doesn't play Skyrim. I got his EVGA GTX 770 4 GB FTW to replace my EVGA GTX 680 4 GB FTW. I was wondering if anyone played Skyrim in 3D? I am considering buying an ASUS VG278HE Black 27" monitor along with an NVIDIA NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit. Is it worth the experience? This would be for SRLE?  I currently play on a crappy Sceptre TV.

You would most likely not be able to get the required framerate required for a good 3d experience with SRLE since it does add quite a few mods that increase both draw distances, as well as the amount of stuff rendered. At least not on just one of those cards. If an ENB is used then it is even more unlikely to be possible. 

We have had a few other users dabble with the 3d, perhaps that will chip in with some hands on experience. Mine is mostly just based on what you could find by searching sadly. 

However at 1080p only then it should be possible to get enough horse power to pull it off somewhat.. worst case you have to lower some settings, or remove a mod or two. 

I dabbled with 3d first gen in Skyrim and was not impressed. The shadows do not look right and other anomalies. There were some ini tweaks to do, but I don’t remember them. There was a Fix going around and there is one based on it on the Nexus called 3D Vision Complete Compatibility Project. The only thing is that it uses a d3d9.dll which is not compatible with ENB.

I just upgraded to the Acer XB270H Abprz gsync monitor and I like it. Gsync 144hz makes a difference in games I have tried with the exception of Skyrim. You have to limit the FPS or you will suffer the physics bug, but it is still an improvement when you have the game tuned right.

Just a note here, if 3d vision is enabled gsync gets disabled.

I like my 27in acer gsync and when it is next to my 24in monitors it is hard to imagine that I liked playing on them. They are all still 1080, but the size of the 27 makes everything clearer and more readable. There is also a noticeable increase in brightness over my other monitors. I even had to turn it down some to get it to a comfortable level, whereas I was maxing out the other monitors brightness. Now I know why the dungeons in Skyrim dark. I spent quite a lot of time trying mods to get the dungeons lighter, now I might have to try to darken them again.

I like my 27in acer gsync and when it is next to my 24in monitors it is hard to imagine that I liked playing on them. They are all still 1080, but the size of the 27 makes everything clearer and more readable. There is also a noticeable increase in brightness over my other monitors. I even had to turn it down some to get it to a comfortable level, whereas I was maxing out the other monitors brightness. Now I know why the dungeons in Skyrim dark. I spent quite a lot of time trying mods to get the dungeons lighter, now I might have to try to darken them again.

After much research, I have decided on this monitor. Thanks for your advice.

After I enabled my 3d vision stuff I started to suffer BSOD in windows. I have spent the last week trying to get my OS installed and at every turn something else went wrong. Frustrating to say the least. I finally found an old 8.1 image that I restored and am in the process of installing my software now. Before the meltdown I discovered some interesting things about 3d that I was doing wrong before.

I just ordered a nvidia 3d vision 2 kit today. Hopefully, I won't encounter all those issues. I run windows 7 professional.

It is not so much a problem with the drivers as I was having various issues with Windows anyways. I was getting desktop lockups and resets on an increasing basis. It just got to the point when I enabled the 3d that it put things over the edge. it was most likely a comparability issue between programs that I had installed. I like my gadgets.

I now have the 3d working without issues so far. Tried Skyrim and the 3d transforms the game considerably. I just have to work out the best combination of settings that will not make me go cross-eyed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.