I had the chance to try the 3D Vision 2 Kit yesterday. Skyrim SR:LE started without any modifications to any settings, but the shadows looked really weird and the flames of some candles kept disappearing. Also Frostfall complained about its scripts running to slow and it said it was turning itself off. To fix these issues I tried Helix's Skyrim 3d as well as the 3D Vision Complete Compatibility Project, but so far with no luck. Starting from a previous save indoor or out caused a immediate CTD after the game menu screen. If I start a new game I can start Live Another Life, but as soon as a choose and new life and start it, I get a CTD. So far I am thinking that I probably have some settings wrong. Currently, I tried using SKSE to start Helix's d3d9.dll renaming Boris's d3d9.dll to d3d9_enb.dll and am using:

ProxyLib = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\d3d9_enb.dll

in DX9Setting.ini to start Vividian ENB 6.30. Then enblocal.ini states:

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

I created a new enb config in ENB Manager called 'Vividian ENB 6.30 3D" where I place Helix's and/or the 3D Vision Project file along with the normal Vividian ENB files. I created a new ENB Version called 0.265_3D which is just the normal 0.265 with d3d9.dll renamed to d3d9_enb.dll. I active everything with "ENB Manager". So far I have not messed with any other INI settings. I don't have time currently, but later today, I planned to use Boris's ENB to fire up Helix's d3d9.dll, essentially the reverse of what I am doing now and see if that works.

Other thoughts: Found youtube no longer supports Nvidia's 3D Vision or a least I couldn't get anything to work. 3D vision may be following the Dodo bird. I am really just waiting for the Oculus Rift.

First off you have to pomp 120fps or better in game. I used bandicam to do this. I also disabled all vsync associated with the game, be it in a configuration file or the Nvidia drivers. In nvidia control paned I set everything to default.

When you enable 3D make sure the monitor is selected as the display type. The driver has a habit of changing to the 3D vision discover glasses. If you run the game and it looks red, then it has changed.

While in the control panel, go to the stereoscopic section and look for the "Set keyboard shortcuts" box. It should be selectable when 3D is enabled. Click on it and look for the "Show advanced in-game settings"" and click on it. This will expand the selection to reveal more options. Put a check in the "Enable advanced in-game settings" check box to activate the hotkeys. Make note of what the keys do and click OK and apply to set everything up.

Launch the game and use the keys to increase or decrease convergence to adjust what you are seeing.

I have found that the depth needs to be low, around 2 or 3 bars on the scale. To adjust the convergence hold a bow in hand so it shows on screen. Use the key combinations to adjust the convergence so that the bow is not showing double when looking at it. Note that the convergence may take up to 30 seconds to do anything.

You really need to play with the settings to get it right. I also just looked at a window or fire to adjust convergence so the ghost image moved into object I was looking at, but holding something in hand works a little better and keeps you from going cross eyed.

You should expect 30 to 40 fps and lots of variations, higher and lower, while playing.

3D gives the game a new element while playing. Hiding by a stone wall gives the impression you are really behind behind the wall and snow storms take on a different feeling when you are in one.

Other thoughts: Found youtube no longer supports Nvidia's 3D Vision or a least I couldn't get anything to work. 3D vision may be following the Dodo bird. I am really just waiting for the Oculus Rift.

You may need Microsoft Silverlight installed for this to work, at least I had to install it to see 3D on other websites.

Skyrim SR:LE started without any modifications to any settings, but the shadows looked really weird and the flames of some candles kept disappearing.

I did not see the candle flame problem, but adjusting the convergence may help the shadows and keeping the depth low will help.

Also Frostfall complained about its scripts running to slow and it said it was turning itself off.

I did not get this, but you have to get the FPS to 120 or better. #d will cut this in half.

Starting from a previous save indoor or out caused a immediate CTD after the game menu screen. If I start a new game I can start Live Another Life, but as soon as a choose and new life and start it, I get a CTD. So far I am thinking that I probably have some settings wrong.

I can't say for sure as in my current OS install I am not getting any CDTs and my Load order is based on SRLE with some additions and subtractions and it is script heavy. When I first enabled the 3D I did have various problems that forced me to reinstall my OS, but I was experiencing lockups and resets before enabling 3D. 

The only way to see is 3D is the problem is to disable it and run the game and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice. I went back to just Vividian ENB 6.30 with ENB 0.265, but was still getting CTDs. I was able to fix this by going to the Skyrim directory and manually deleting anything ENB related as junk that was left over from Helix and the Skyrim 3D Optimization Project. Then I changed all INI files to eliminate any vsync settings and used ENB Manager to enable Vividian. I reset nvidia's control panel to default settings and now everything looks great.  I still get the message from Frostfall about the script running slow and turning itself off. However, I run SR:LE with lots of scripting mods (especially NPC's) on top. The number of scripting mods I use is probably the issue.  So basically I am running with just the nvidia drivers and the minor INI changes with no issues. The be fair, I have not played that long so other issues may develop, but problems with shadows and disappearing candle flames are gone. I am not getting the best frame rates, probably about 30 fps outside. I might have to use this as an excuse to follow Neovalen's lead and upgrade to a GTX 980. Currently, leaning toward EVGA GTX 980 4GB FTW. The card Neo didn't buy though the Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB G1 has not been ruled out (I am not sure I like the size, though it will fit in my case).

On the youtube issue, I do have Silverlight installed and can view 3D videos and pictures on other sites no problem. From reading other forums, I gather nvidia and youtube must have had a falling out and youtube no longer hosts 3D Vision enabled videos.  It was pointed out that before the change the Firefox browser was needed (my default) with HTML5, however, for 3D HTML5 videos they only have split screen. To get 3D videos one needs to type "yt3d:enable=true" and then under options select a 3D method. None of the methods work with 3D Vision. Again much thanks for you help. I would have given you a +1 if I could, but since you are staff I can't.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.