Delarics Conditional Combat Music (by Delaric)

Muladhara86

If I may add to @keithinhanoi's great post (BTW, if you want to learn a lot of things quickly, you can't do anything wrong by just following Keith's posts, he has a knack of explaining complex tasks very easily.), there are actually 'back' & 'forward' buttons in the editor. They are the two small curved arrows in the top-right hand corner. They change colour when there is a viewed page in the cache to go back to.

LOL - OMG! I can't believe I never noticed that! Kudos to you this time, GrantSP! And thanks for the kind words.

It took me a couple days to get back to this. I did the search in editor mode within skyrim.esm as Keith suggested, and I did indeed find the same race keywords that Delarics uses, however, when I go into the 'referenced by' view, Delarics is not one of the mods which comes up as referencing that keyword, which at first seemed odd because I was hung up on the fact that I found the same races in both places, but I guess what is going on here is that Delarics is referencing races from the base game and then adding unique keywords? Am I getting this right? 

So for example, Delarics uses 'SprigganMatronRace', which is also used by Skyrim.esm, requiem, and a few other mods. When I go to skyrim.esm, find the race and use 'referenced by', what I'm seeing is that Requiem and Footsteps is referencing 'SprigganMatronRace', but Delarics is not:

iWZVMbEh.png

And what I'm assuming is that the important bit in this instance is not so much the race, but the keywords attached to that race, which in Delarics case are unique to Delarics, in the case of SprigganMatronRace that would be 'ActorTypeCreatureSprigMatron [KYWD:7300758D]'

I did a form ID search for 7300758D and clicked 'referenced by' and came up with only Delarics. The same for all the rest.

So I guess unless someone in Requiem randomly picked the same set of numbers to use in a keyword to reference those races, there would be no overlap. I'm sure I verbalized this at least as well as a five year old, lol. Horribly stated as it is, am I on the right track here or totally off-base?

Edited by aaltair

It took me a couple days to get back to this. I did the search in editor mode within skyrim.esm as Keith suggested, and I did indeed find the same race keywords that Delarics uses, however, when I go into the 'referenced by' view, Delarics is not one of the mods which comes up as referencing that keyword, which at first seemed odd because I was hung up on the fact that I found the same races in both places, but I guess what is going on here is that Delarics is referencing races from the base game and then adding unique keywords? Am I getting this right?

Keith?  (lol)

I'd have to go in and look myself to be sure, but I do think that the music mod is adding some new keywords as well as also using some vanilla ones.

I'm still here! Okay, so I've downloaded the variant of Conditional Combat Music that you're working with, aaltair, and re-installed Requiem 1.8.1.1 (sorry, my internet is just too slow to wait for 1.8.2 - and I figure it's probably nearly the same keyword-wise, anyhow.)

First off aaltair, do yourself a favor and download and install at least the newest public release version of TES5Edit, which is 3.1.0, straight from its Nexus page here. Or better yet, download the latest developer release from the TES5Edit WIP thread on AFK Mods, using the link available in the OP of that thread, here (currently at svn1930). Yes, the developer releases could be considered potentially "dangerous", but zilav has had a really good track record on stable subversion releases.

Now, back to your matter at hand. I matched your load order, and pulled it up in TES5Edit.

The first thing I notice, even without applying a filter to show conflicts, is that all of Delaric's keywords are black text on white, as seen here:

djxCbDs.png

This means they are all unique - in other words, they are only supplied by the Conditional Combat Music plugin. Requiem doesn't have any Music Type or Music Track edits, so all we have to worry about are the 8 Race records that CCM edits. Let's take a look at one of those - the Dragon Priest Race. I don't often use the Hide no conflict rows feature, so I've just scrolled down a little to show all the relevant edits between CCM and Requiem that we need to worry about. Here it is, with the important bits circled:

fFk44zG.png

In this case, we want the override compatibility patch plugin to have both the keyword added by CCM and the keyword added by Requiem, plus the three original ones defined by Skyrim.esm. But there's that MagicNoReanimate keyword from USKP - what about that, right? Did Requiem intentionally remove it, or did USKP add it after this version of Requiem was released, or did the author of Requiem just no incorporate USKP fixes?

We can do a bit of investigating by following the MagicNoReanimate keyword to see where it's used. To do that, hold down the control key and hover over the name of the keyword. You'll notice as you hold down the control key, any displayed entry with an associated FormID under your mouse cursor will be underlined. All you have to do is click on the entry, and you'll instantly be taken to the record of that FormID. So, control-click on MagicNoReanimate [KYWD:0006F6FB].

That takes us to view the MagicNoReanimate keyword record itself, which is pretty boring, but if you click the Referenced By tab under the right-hand pane, and then click on the File column header to list all records referencing the MagicNoReanimate by plugin name, we can check if Requiem is using the keyword elsewhere, as seen here:

jGKx2Fu.png

As I've pointed out, there's another Race using the MagicNoReanimate keyword which is edited by USKP, sol let's check if it's also edited by Requiem, to see if the keyword is removed or not. I double click DLC1UndeadDragonRace "Dragon Race" [RACE:03117DE] to go view the record, and here it is:

uborFo3.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us what we need to know, but we can see that Requiem isn't removing the MagicNoReanimate keyword from other races. So it's time to make a personal decision. The USKP decided that your player or other NPCs should not be able to reanimate Dragon Priests using magic. If you agree with that, then bring that keyword over as well.

Once you've decided about that, then you start making your override (compatibility) patch plugin. You should have noticed in the second of the screenshots above that in addition to the added keywords, Requiem makes changes to the Starting Health / Magicka / Stamina, Base Mass, and Health Regen stats for the Dragon Priest Race. This means you'll want to select the record in Requiem.esp to make the override, and while viewing the record, the best way to do this is right-click on the name of the plugin at the top of the column with that plugin's edits to that record, and select Copy as override into... In this case, I'm right-clicking on [XX] Requiem.esp (XX being the load order number), and copying the override into my new plugin, and then drag over the two other added keywords from USKP and CCM. When you drag the CCM Keyword over, you'll get a message about adding CCM's .esp plugin as a master, which is fine so click OK. And here's the new override patch plugin with those three added keywords brought over into the patch plugin:

e6NI1bb.png

A good thing to point out here is that although everything is showing up as grey text on light green background or green text on light yellow background, remember that seeing those supposedly "good" colors is NOT our goal. The goal is to get the right mix of edits in any record override in our patch so that all the mods have the correct / desired functionality.

Essentially, for the other 7 race records that are edited by CCM, you need to do the same process. Decide what needs to go in the override plugin, copy override from Requiem.esp into the new plugin, and drag over the edits you want to be combined in the patch.

Just from looking at them myself, I get the sense that there are some USKP fixes that either happened after the last release of Requiem, or the author of Requiem didn't worry about incorporating those USKP fixes. One example is the Uses Head Track Anims flag that USKP adds. This must have been done because Dremora do have the ability to do head tracking (they turn their heads to look at your character or other NPCs.) So in this case I would drag that edit into my patch.

Also looking through those Race record edits, I'm pretty sure I found one mistake in the CCM - Most Epic plugin. There was no added keyword for the Frost Atronach race, so I added the same keyword to it that is used for the Storm Atronach race record, ActorTypeDaedraGreater. The way to do this yourself is to view the Storm Atronach race record, click on the ActorTypeDaedraGreater [KYWD:xx0012CA] entry in the column for CCM - Most Epic, and then press Control-C to copy that entry. Next, go to the Frost Atronach race record, copy override from Requiem.esp into your patch plugin, and then right-click on the KWDA - Keywords row in the column for your patch plugin, and select Add, like this:

IHG08YH.png

That will add a blank NULL - Null Reference keyword entry to the list. Finally to paste in the keyword that you copied, right click on the NULL entry, select Edit, and then type Control-v to paste in the correct keyword info. Hit OK and it's done.

Besides all this, there's one Dawnguard added keyword for the Spriggan Race which Requiem doesn't use - DLC1WerewolfFeedExclude. The name of the keyword should make it clear what it's use is for, so you can decide whether you think Werewolves should be able to feed on Spriggans. Since Requiem.esp lists Dawnguard as a master, I have to assume that keyword is intentionally removed by Requiem.

If you want to look at the override patch plugin I made based on my explanation above, you can download it from here.

Some other final thoughts:

I noticed that even though the Mammoth, Frostbite Spider and Spriggan races are edited in the CCM - Most Epic plugin, their added keywords are not used in any of the conditions that decide whether combat music is played. In other words, you won't hear combat music when you're fighting Mammoths or Spiders.

In fact, the CCM - Most Epic plugin is set up only to play combat music for races tagged with one of five keywords: ActorTypeGiant, ActorTypeDragon, ActorTypeDaedraGreater, ActorTypeDwarvenCent, and ActorTypeDragonPriest.

So, the truth is that the patch plugin doesn't need the Mammoth, Frostbite Spider, or Spriggan race records, as long as Requiem.esp is loading after CCM - Most Epic's plugin.

I hope that all makes sense!

Edited by keithinhanoi

"I don't often use the Hide no conflict rows feature, so I've just scrolled down a little to show all the relevant edits between CCM and Requiem that we need to worry about."

"hold down the control key and hover over the name of the keyword. You'll notice as you hold down the control key, any displayed entry with an associated FormID under your mouse cursor will be underlined. All you have to do is click on the entry, and you'll instantly be taken to the record of that FormID."

"Hide no conflict rows" feature?  I wish I knew about that feature before - thank you!  :)  I'll have to look for that the next time I do editing.

I didn't know about the control-click feature either...

Edited by oqhansoloqo